No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also! How awful is the weather this week, great for garden, rubbish for biking, not even mizzle, just heavy torrents My Strava feed is pretty much empty of activity!
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Tues night....cancelled, weds night....cancelled, tomorrow night.....cancelled.

Weekend looks good though (at present)
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Yeah weekend holding some promise here currently
        Originally posted by jointhedotz
        I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Didn't do a huge amount of filming when I went to BPW last weekend but here's a couple of short clips of a jump run called the A470 Line which I did later in the day after I'd got the bike setup nicely.

Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Ordered a right hand Sram X0 10 speed shifter at last, 50, had the left hand one for an age which went down to 15 in sale, but the right hands have always held daft money price 100+

Very nice industrial clicking shifting feel to them, top O the groupset action...

Also want an X0 Type 2.1 rear Clutch, to replace X9 Clutch, cheapest i've seen is 180, if anyone spots any on clearance let me know, budget 100

Comment

• Also been trying to find a Cheshire Ring GPX, which will upload to the garmin so far they all don't have waypoints?

http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/h...-walking-route

Worst case i'll plot it out on route creator but reckon that would take a good few hours!

Best I found, but need to add waypoints still hmmmm, and reverse the direction so we hit Manchester first

https://www.walkingenglishman.com/ld...canalwalk.html

Probably need a good GPS editor to crop in the entrance route and set direction etc

Comment

• #SuchExcite!

Summary: A route following the towpaths along six historic canals of various ages and character, this Walk offers the solitude of quiet countryside, the hustle and bustle of city streets and views of the Cheshire Plain and Peak District hills. The canals are, anticlockwise from Macclesfield, Macclesfield Canal to Marple; Peak Forest, Ashton and Rochdale Canals into Manchester to join the Bridgewater Canal at Castlefield to follow it to Preston Brook; Trent & Mersey Canal to Hardings Wood Junction near Kidsgrove; Macclesfield Canal back to the start.

Comment

• When you planning on this ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

• SAS what do you think, i've spent 3 hours and this is the best I could find, out of 30 odd, dodgy routes all plotted on gps sites, so don't properly follow the canal, which will send Garmin loopy.

This looks like an actual GPX of someone whos rode it,

Around the Anderton boat lift looks like he got lost/loses satellite, reckon this looks good enough, you know this bit well...

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/21394176

Been through an absolute barge load, which wonder off onto main roads for miles, or go through impassible fields etc from way point to way point

Comment

• hole houe lane > runcorn road looks like where is goes wrong

Comment

• Been away since friday am - will catch up on thread and look at GPX later
                        flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Dusty trail as far as the eye can see

Top o' trail homemade flapjack

Main goal of this weeks ride was to test out the road route up which I've been trying to refine to avoid wasting energy on up-down-up action as it was leaving me with not a lot of juice by the time I got to the trails. Love the OS maps app, can plot out all the points and compare elevation graph, distance etc. Today's road route up was best by far, trimmed about 4 miles off last week and 500ft of climbing for the same amount of actual off road action.

Image showing what I mean about up down, last weeks ride vs this week:

Pleased with the result, noticeably more left in the legs to enjoy the trails and still got home without hitting the wall. I'll try to keep it up and once there's a bit of fitness to play with I can extend the bit at the top to include some more trails

Comment

• Chaz you can use Strava Route creator and also view the elevation as you go, then backtrack and pick different road, and use global heat map to find popular trails, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd then save as GPX for garmin etc.

Nice ride, great dust, trails look great, and looks a winner that you've got to 12.5 miles before the first climb up

Comment

• Don't like strava route creator, and don't need garmin files reckon those bike sat navs want banning tbh

Comment

• Gonna check out this O/S map app Be nice if Strava route creator shown O/S in some views as you can see whats a bridleway/allowed trail etc

Comment

Working...
                                X