I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• the helmet is for SAS though )

Comment

• The whole car is horrifically dirty after numerous tip runs recently

I'd wear the helmet tbh - I suit pink
          flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• So last nights ride on the crap bike was horrible.....sooooo hot, so knackered.....meh.

Probably shouldn't have ate just before going out either.

The changes i made to the bike seemed to have worked though, raising the front made me a lot more comfortable on it (still mega wrist death by the end) and dropping tyres pressure made it handle the off road stuff better as well although I'm not sure whether it was detrimental to on road performance.

It'll get me fitter that's for sure, legs were like jelly after that wee ride.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1047776157
            Originally posted by {SAS}TB
            Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• So it all came together at last yesterday, new chainring arrived and went on super easy, flipped my flip chip ready for BPW on Saturday and then helitaped various bits of the frame and fitted the enduro guards.

Iím really pleased with the look of the bike with the blue DM chainring and more minimalist MRP 1x chainguide which I stole off m Stumpjumper before I sold it, such a tidy looking setup! Took it out for a 10 miler last night (on the hottest June day since 1976, who thought that was a good idea!?).

Feels so much more comfortable than the Stumpy, steering feels more planted too and I like the added turning resistance created by the slacker head angle.

The only thing I did notice was that the 42t rear ring didnít seem to spin as freely as I expected uphill compared to the 36t on my Stumpjumper, it was still easier, but not as much as I expected. Then it suddenly twigged that the cranks on the Swoop are 5mm shorter. Would it really make that much of a difference losing 5mm of crank length to the feel of the gearing?

Anyway, enough waffle, hereís some photos!

Overall shot:

Drivetrain closeup:

Drivetrain closeup:

K-Edge Garmin stem mount thing:
              Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• tis a fine beast indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                  So last nights ride on the crap bike was horrible.....sooooo hot, so knackered.....meh.

Probably shouldn't have ate just before going out either.

The changes i made to the bike seemed to have worked though, raising the front made me a lot more comfortable on it (still mega wrist death by the end) and dropping tyres pressure made it handle the off road stuff better as well although I'm not sure whether it was detrimental to on road performance.

It'll get me fitter that's for sure, legs were like jelly after that wee ride.

https://www.relive.cc/view/1047776157

If a bikes still a wrist killer after the changes, and just simply not comfortable/fun to ride, and not incredibly quicker than mtb (like 5-7 mph) just don't see the point. Get it on bay.

Buy Pikes for boardman.

Jobs a goodun.

Or I can arrange some pallets.
                  Originally posted by Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                    If a bikes still a wrist killer after the changes, and just simply not comfortable/fun to ride, and not incredibly quicker than mtb (like 5-7 mph) just don't see the point. Get it on bay.

Buy Pikes for boardman.

Jobs a goodun.

Or I can arrange some pallets.
                    The wrist thing is probably my weak girly wrists, and not being used to being in that position.

As for speed, I need to give it more of a chance, it felt like a completely different workout to my normal riding and I do believe it'll make me fitter.

I'll give it a few more rides, only have 30 miles on it so far after all.

In the back of my mind though....that rigid 29er idea still.

Comment

• 29er would be a much nicer prospect

Comfy, can roll stuff off road well, and also fly up stuff, with sensible mtb familiar geo.

Comment

• I've just been spending too much time on STW lol

Comment

• Not grit.cx

Comment

• definitely not

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                              So it all came together at last yesterday, new chainring arrived and went on super easy, flipped my flip chip ready for BPW on Saturday and then helitaped various bits of the frame and fitted the enduro guards.

Iím really pleased with the look of the bike with the blue DM chainring and more minimalist MRP 1x chainguide which I stole off m Stumpjumper before I sold it, such a tidy looking setup! Took it out for a 10 miler last night (on the hottest June day since 1976, who thought that was a good idea!?).

Feels so much more comfortable than the Stumpy, steering feels more planted too and I like the added turning resistance created by the slacker head angle.

The only thing I did notice was that the 42t rear ring didnít seem to spin as freely as I expected uphill compared to the 36t on my Stumpjumper, it was still easier, but not as much as I expected. Then it suddenly twigged that the cranks on the Swoop are 5mm shorter. Would it really make that much of a difference losing 5mm of crank length to the feel of the gearing?

Anyway, enough waffle, hereís some photos!

Overall shot:

Drivetrain closeup:

Drivetrain closeup:

K-Edge Garmin stem mount thing:
                              Love that chain ring!

Did you take the chain ring from 30t to 32t?
                              Forgive my stupid question, but did you need to add an extra link or two to the chain?
                              The angle of the rear derailleur when on the granny made me think the chain was tight. But I never look at my bike in granny, so mine could be the same.
                              When I need granny, I'm usually shooting evil looks at Coiler.
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              the trails is where life flows best
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• That granny stretch looks good, mine is more severe than that, if unsure on overall chain length, remove mech and go big big, then add 2 links.

Cru you deffo need a bigger stomp ring, esp with chesh ring 100miler, 18 mph pace speed

Comment

Working...
                                X