The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
    So new trinket for wife was a set of superstar wheels, electro hubs and Alpine 30mm i.d rims as I fancied something nice and burly. They were half price at 200 so couldn't say no

I like them, look pretty swank and much beefier but pretty much same weight as my crossrides. Did find the rims are so big that I couldn't get the tyres up with the track pump so had to create ghetto air shot o doom v2

Worked a treat, and very glad i got myself a presta valve removal tool, one of those how did I live without it purchases.

First ride was a blackdown expedition 28miler, enjoyed it a lot was absolutely baking.

Epic dust show upon return. Pleased with the new wheels, hub engagement is great and the extra rim with deffo gives the tyre more volume which makes a nice difference on small bumps.
    Great pics, and nice vistas, trails Chaz. 28 miles is decent after not much time on bike!

Does your seat need leveling a little looks nose high? also the rear brake hose you can undo the 10mm nut and get that cable much flusher with the wheel stays

How are you finding the bontys?

I'm trying to source some XR2 26x2.35 for the front, after being impressed with XR2 out back, looks like bonty are ramping back their 26" production

Maxxis have loads, but donotwant
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• 22, 25, 26 full sun.

fri sat sun forcast!

Comment

• Yeah was knackered when I got back and feeling a bit statue today.

Played around with seat a lot, balancing penile blood flow and back comfort, it's on going really but does look a bit extreme there, might be a camera trick I think.

Yeah cheers aware of hose adjustment but balance between keeping hose angles open for flow and keeping it tight ish but allowing growth where it goes under bb.

I like the bonties, good positive feel in corners and loads of grip, rolling resistance I think was more noticeable with more air volume in the tyre but still a very decent all rounder.

Might be worth phoning/emailing trek and asking for help locating some in your area or maybe they've got some on a shelf somewhere. 26 tyres are getting thin on the ground now. If you do find them probably worth buying a few pairs depending on how much longer you plan on resisting
        Originally posted by jointhedotz
        I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
          DId you have a recent off, I recall a Strava name like "only one off" etc?
          Yeah, a couple of little ones, nothing major. oh, and the finger but been riding fine since then. It's probably just a brief phase lol, just annoying.
          Originally posted by {SAS}TB
          Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

penile blood flow
            *insert oooohmatron.gif

Originally posted by Chaz View Post

I like the bonties, good positive feel in corners and loads of grip, rolling resistance I think was more noticeable with more air volume in the tyre but still a very decent all rounder.
            I noticed climbing being harder when I moved to the xx27's, the wider profile definately slows you down at first on the ups. It's a massive boost through rough terrain though due to the lower pressures you can run so a fair trade-off imo
            Originally posted by {SAS}TB
            Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Yeah I'm running the same pressure but the profile change makes a big difference

Comment

Yeah was knackered when I got back and feeling a bit statue today.

Played around with seat a lot, balancing penile blood flow and back comfort, it's on going really but does look a bit extreme there, might be a camera trick I think.

Yeah cheers aware of hose adjustment but balance between keeping hose angles open for flow and keeping it tight ish but allowing growth where it goes under bb.

Might be worth phoning/emailing trek and asking for help locating some in your area or maybe they've got some on a shelf somewhere. 26 tyres are getting thin on the ground now. If you do find them probably worth buying a few pairs depending on how much longer you plan on resisting

I think 26" will always be available due to the sheer number of old bikes in the market, BUT think all the decent /niche 26" will phase out. Leaving the rubbish 9.99 halfords special metal beaded 1000 grammers!

Bonty have already started EOLing SKUs, swachlbe not yet, but the sidewalls are like cheese. I think I need to spend 200 on tyres and fill up a spares cupboard lol

Will be interesting once Unreel gets some light rubber back on his new 650b, and see if his king of the climbing status is reinstated! This will cement my overall opinion on 650b vs 26.

Comment

• Update on yesterday's ride, now sat in minor injuries centre waiting to get some ticks taken out

Comment

• Oof lovely, protip, get a tick remover from a vets and do it yourself
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                    Originally posted by BigIan88
                    turn off that sexy nonsense
                    Originally posted by Salad Soup
                    turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Update on yesterday's ride, now sat in minor injuries centre waiting to get some ticks taken out

Bloody hell really, glad you spotted them early, can carry some proper nasty bugs which ruin the immune system permanently. Have you got a large circular blood blister around ticks?

Comment

• Originally posted by omega View Post
                        Oof lovely, protip, get a tick remover from a vets and do it yourself

If you snap body off and leave jaw in place though fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                          Bloody hell really, glad you spotted them early, can carry some proper nasty bugs which ruin the immune system permanently. Have you got a large circular blood blister around ticks?
                          Some redness around the bigger ones but no blister i can see. Indeed would rather get them properly removed because i know I'd muck it up

Comment

Some redness around the bigger ones but no blister i can see. Indeed would rather get them properly removed because i know I'd muck it up
                            THIS, muck it up and it can be life changing. Lymes disease afaik?

How many did you have?

Any grazing cattle on the route you took, thats the risk.

Comment

• I can see about 5-6, there was lots of grass etc that I walked through which guess is where I picked them up

Comment

• I've removed a couple myself, the little plastic tool wiggles underneath them and you twist them right out.

I'd only do it with one's that don't look dodgy though, I've never had any with a red ring or a blister around them, luckily
                                Originally posted by coiler
                                He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
                                Originally posted by BigIan88
                                turn off that sexy nonsense
                                Originally posted by Salad Soup
                                turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X