Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
    *runs for hills*

Well this is more a CX bike which can go down canal tow paths/grit etc, pretty much how I built the Swchinn Moab up at one point, albeit that was a MTB at heart, it was a truly hateful thing to ride and went in the tip

JTDs going to be spoilt today sat back on the full plusher.

Got some warez arriving from CRC this weekend, new pads, going back to scintered, organics wore down much too quick and are noisy too, plus some VPP alternative lube, as SC have now stopped selling lube separately, along with some other sundries arriving
    ive found that same issue with my organic pads on the slx. I rarely used the brakes commuting to work but they just died so damn quickly. Could do with bleeding the xt brakes as I didn't when I swapped the levers and one is a lot spongier than the other.

i also want my pikes back from the wife. I like the sectors but they're just too damned soft on the trails for my liking
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Aye get them Pikes back! Steerer still ok length?
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Yeah it should fit fine on the yeti. Need to get her a 15mm axle front wheel though for the kona or some cheap 20mm axle forks
        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Guessing it's 26 you need? I've got a 15mm 650b front wheel sat on the shelf
          Originally posted by jointhedotz
          I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• How much 650b wheel chaz and what is it?

Comment

• I've got a pair actually, it's the ex boardman 650b wife conversion-gate ones, mavic xc something rims and formula hubs

I reckon the rear wants new bearings so I'd probably do them for postage if someone wants them

Comment

• any idea on weight? Mate wants to go 650b, but usually runs Stans Crest

Comment

• Working day #4 since order yesterday (Monday was a bank holiday in Germany) and I've now been given the tracking number for my shipment.

No exact ETA yet as the tracking won't go live until it starts moving, but I expect it will only be a couple of days now it's in the hands of DHL.

I think I'm keeping pretty calm about it...

Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

any idea on weight? Mate wants to go 650b, but usually runs Stans Crest
                    They'll be the same as I had, about 2.2kg for the pair, maybe a smidge more. Xm319's are circa 550g each and the hubs/spokes are heavy.

Will do a first cx ride report later
                    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• So anyway.... first ride on the cx.

I rolled out of the street thinking 'this feels weird.... how do i change gear? How do I hold on to these bars?' but quickly adapted to that. The bike rolls fast on tarmac, really easy to get it moving, but stopping was an issue. It seems to have squeak levers where the brake levers should be, not sure if this is the pads being terrible or the disks contaminated so will have to investigate that. I have some alcohol wipes so they'll be the first port of call. I Settled on resting my hands on the hoods or the bit of the bar where it curves out to the hoods which was reasonably comfortable but after 10 miles or so i started feeling pain in my wrists. Another few miles and my whole arms/back/neck/shoulders area was hurting. This is probably at least in part down to not being used to the bike so will give it a few rides and see if that changes, i may also flip the stem to raise the front slightly.

So the route....I bought the bike with the intention of primarily using it on the old railway lines, they look like this btw:

And the relive.... https://www.relive.cc/view/1028619352

The bike handled well on this stuff but I'm thinking bigger tyres (currently on 35c, might go up to 40c) would probably help with the bumps and grip on the slightly muddier bits.

All in all, my legs don't feel like they would had I ridden 24 miles on the mtb yesterday. Average speed was marginally faster but I think the gap would have been bigger if I'd had brakes and more faith in the bike on the boggy bits.

I hated it when I got in last night but on reflection suspect with a few tweaks it may grow on me.

Shopping list:

40c ish tyres (wtb nano perhaps?)
                      CHARGE SPOON.....my poor @rse
                      Possibly differently shaped bars, flared drops?
                      swap pedals for some old flats I have

This is the bike I bought to run 'as is' lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                        Guessing it's 26 you need? I've got a 15mm 650b front wheel sat on the shelf
                        yeah 26"am still a purist my mate has a 27.5 and ive tried it out but i didnt really notice any benefits to it.

Comment

any idea on weight? Mate wants to go 650b, but usually runs Stans Crest
                          Yeah I would guess about what JTD said, hubs are quite heavy

Comment

• I think TB must be too embarrassed to post, seems he's gone full roadie....

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                              I think TB must be too embarrassed to post, seems he's gone full roadie....

He's smitten with Felicity,

Mrs B is paying Surcharge Duty for extra space on the Double Black Lake Pallet, set for sail this weekend!

Comment

• You're probably right.

Today I've flipped the stem on the cx to put the bars higher, fettled the brakes, I was keen to ride it tbh. I had a nap instead though.

No rides for Coiler? Weather pretty poor up here tbh so not motivated, even when it's sunny the wind...

Past 300 miles in June, on track to beat last year but not really happy to be honest

Comment

Working...
                                X