No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed, if you have efficient pedalling technique lockout isn't necessary.

I'm confident that with the 30T chainring (although I'm tempted to swap it for a 32T) that I could pedal up all but the steepest trails without getting out of the saddle and engaging stomp mode.
    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypher View Post
        Indeed, if you have efficient pedalling technique lockout isn't necessary.

I'm confident that with the 30T chainring (although I'm tempted to swap it for a 32T) that I could pedal up all but the steepest trails without getting out of the saddle and engaging stomp mode.

I wouldn't say I have got an efficient technique, flats too, so no upward pull of clipins, but most modern bikes i've tried have no bob.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post

Not sure whether to ban, or to embrace

Comment

• It's a tool for a job, you know it makes sense!

Fitness here I come! (note the lovely beer in the bottle cage)

Got one of These with my 10% accessory allowance too
            Originally posted by {SAS}TB

Comment

• If it gets you doing more miles, more climbing, more outings, and enjoying the grade A tarmac, then yeah it makes sense I guess!

I need a pic of new bike on top O big hill opening that beer!

Comment

• That beer was gone within 20 mins of the phot

The plan is it'll get me out when i haven't the time or motivation for a 'proper' ride. It'll hopefully not see too much road use either, just cyclepath bashing and local pub tours.

I must confess, it felt bloody alien sitting on it, and I'm not convinced I'll like it. But it's a new bike lol.

There'll be pics aplenty too, perhaps

Comment

• Road/cross are truly awful on the comfort, seating position, even worse once you start peddling Think its definitely an acquired taste of bike fit, and will take some forced outings to get used to it, after being spoilt on the luxury armchair geo of the boardie.

Comment

• I love that the beer made it on the bike before the chain did!!
                    #priorities
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    the trails is where life flows best
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Chain is on! The beer got on before the wrapping came off the bars though lool

Comment

• Looking forward to the ride report JTD, and some pics that don't hurt my neck

Birthday next week so have got the wife/me a present
                        Originally posted by jointhedotz
                        I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• First ride on the cx up on strava, 2 pics, everything aches....brutal. and it has no brakes.

I'll probably get used to it, but tomorrow's ride will be MTB lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                            First ride on the cx up on strava, 2 pics, everything aches....brutal. and it has no brakes.

I'll probably get used to it, but tomorrow's ride will be MTB lol
                            Do you even want to get used to it lmao Sounds awful!

Comment

• More road bikes. Coiler what have you done to this thread.

It's been a while since the bike has had a full service and lube up so have the weekend off plan on stripping her down and re greasing and aligning everything at some point today.
                              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                                More road bikes. Coiler what have you done to this thread.

It's been a while since the bike has had a full service and lube up so have the weekend off plan on stripping her down and re greasing and aligning everything at some point today.

*runs for hills*

Well this is more a CX bike which can go down canal tow paths/grit etc, pretty much how I built the Swchinn Moab up at one point, albeit that was a MTB at heart, it was a truly hateful thing to ride and went in the tip

JTDs going to be spoilt today sat back on the full plusher.

Got some warez arriving from CRC this weekend, new pads, going back to scintered, organics wore down much too quick and are noisy too, plus some VPP alternative lube, as SC have now stopped selling lube separately, along with some other sundries arriving

Comment

Working...
                                X