No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I test rode on that Strava ride few weeks back ............. a roadie. Not convinced.

Did the same hill loop on Bluronce and was quicker, and more comfy Unless a Btwin 1200 comes up for 300 on sale.
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Could never go full roadie

cx seems like it could be a more useful comprimise

and it's a new bike, that's always nice.
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Went on a nice pootle in the quantocks today

Dead woman's ditch. Weather bit boil in bag but a nice cooling drizzle was also present.

Dayglo shroom spotted, even more orange IRL than in pic. Needless to say I didn't give it a lick
        Originally posted by jointhedotz
        I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• After 12 hours solid alcohol abuse Friday pm / Saturday am I subsequently spent most of yesterday in bed feeling very sorry for myself

Spent today doing all the jobs I was meant to do yesterday and therefore no pootles this weekend .......

Glorious day out today as well, poop
          flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Winding dusty sandy trail snaking off to the horizon, viewing again A++++++

Comment

• Radon Swoop 170 8.0 confirmed!!11!!!!!!1!!

Should be here late this week or maybe early next week depending on how fast they dispatch it.

Also just ordered a fresh set of Nukeproof Neutron Evo pedals in black and a pair of Maxxis Minions (3C compound up front and 60a on the back) to replace the stock Schwalbe tyres. I'm planning on fitting the Minions as soon as it arrives and just selling the Schwalbe's on eBay.

Much excite!!!
              Last edited by Cypher; 05-06-17, 08:25.
              Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• You got a link to it again, the exact model ordered, specs etc?

BEAST of a bike.

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                  You got a link to it again, the exact model ordered, specs etc?

BEAST of a bike.
                  This is the exact model I bought, best value for money in the range IMO. http://www.radon-bikes.de/en/mountai.../swoop-170-80/

I would have loved the 10.0, but at nearly 800 more for lighter suspension and 1 extra gear I just couldn't justify it.
                  Last edited by Cypher; 05-06-17, 20:11.
                  Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• Ooooooooooof shes a looker and all spec looks lovely for the price!

Comment

• See what you mean by the 10, 4000 euro lol

Comment

• Only thing i'd upgrade, is the Sram GX, but obv i'd first wear out the current drivechain Thats just a luxury though, Lyrics too, and 170mm you'll be flying off stuff !

Comment

• Nice feature!

Comment

• ENDORSED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOfFZlJ1lL4

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                              Only thing i'd upgrade, is the Sram GX, but obv i'd first wear out the current drivechain Thats just a luxury though, Lyrics too, and 170mm you'll be flying off stuff !
                              Yer I've got 10 speed GX on my Stumpjumper and it could do with being a bit beefier with the hammering I give it. My GX mech has only been on around 4 months and already needs new jockey wheels despite regular cleaning!

I think that suspension chip will be going into 'Park' mode and staying there, the review said as long as you can keep the pedals off the ground it's by far the best mode. And as I've learnt to keep my pedals up on the Stumpjumper, this should be no problem.

Bike Radar couldn't get enough of it, just said the tyres were crap (but I'm swapping those the second I get it out of the box anyway). Ooh and they picked up on the fact it doesn't have lockout on the rear shock, but as 90% of my riding is uplift anyway who cares!?
                              Last edited by Cypher; 05-06-17, 20:20.

Comment

• Not sure lockout is even needed for climbing, Fox CTD climbs in trail perfectly, and even descent without noticing much, normally get to top O hill and notice i'm still in full plush. Hills good for fitness too so would be good to get her up some epic ones

Comment

Working...
                                X