No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard much about German brand Radon? Specifically the Swoop 170 8.0?

It just won the MBUK best enduro bike of 2017 award and coming in at 2799EUR is on par price wise with the likes of the YT Capra CF.

Looks like exactly the bike I'm after, 170mm travel front and rear, 11 speed, boost front and rear axles, stiffer Rockshox Lyric fork, stealth dropper post etc.

http://www.radon-bikes.de/en/mountai.../swoop-170-80/

Last edited by Cypher; 30-05-17, 17:11.
    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• How much doesn it weight, and can it pedal up a hill?
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
        How much doesn it weight, and can it pedal up a hill?
        13.8kg without pedals, so while it's no featherweight it will still be lighter than my Stumpjumper but while having much better components.

I'd probably swap the 30t chainring for a 32t, but with the 10-42t cassette that would still give me the equivalent of 2 extra climbing gears compared to my current setup.
        Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• I believe the swoop did rather well in the dirt 100 as well

https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-re...swoop-170.html
          Originally posted by {SAS}TB
          Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
            I believe the swoop did rather well in the dirt 100 as well

https://dirtmountainbike.com/bike-re...swoop-170.html
            Indeed it did, although that was the top spec Swoop 170 10.0, however any comments about the geometry and build quality will still apply to the whole range.

Comment

• 30 odd pound isn't a bad weight at all, considering its 170mm!

Comment

• 30.42 lbs exactly and 170mm fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

30.42 lbs exactly and 170mm fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
                  Exactly, I think my Stumpjumper is just shy of 32lbs!! So I'll be gaining better gearing, 10mm front travel and 20mm rear travel while losing 1.5lbs!

Only thing I will be doing right out of the box is taking off the stock tyres and swapping them for a Minion DHF on the front and a High Roller II on the back, same as my Stumpy.

And as 80% of my riding is bike park/downhill/enduro type stuff it suits me down to the ground, but when I do want a blast around Swinley with the boys from work it should still hold it's own on the climbs.

Planning on ordering one within the next week or so, so it gets here in time for my next trip to BikePark Wales on the 24th.
                  Last edited by Cypher; 01-06-17, 08:21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                    Exactly, I think my Stumpjumper is just shy of 32lbs!! So I'll be gaining better gearing, 10mm front travel and 20mm rear travel while losing 1.5lbs!

Only thing I will be doing right out of the box is taking off the stock tyres and swapping them for a Minion DHF on the front and a High Roller II on the back, same as my Stumpy.

And as 80% of my riding is bike park/downhill/enduro type stuff it suits me down to the ground, but when I do want a blast around Swinley with the boys from work it should still hold it's own on the climbs.

Planning on ordering one within the next week or so, so it gets here in time for my next trip to BikePark Wales on the 24th.

That escalated quickly, my kind of bike purchase! No test ride required just buy

Comment

That escalated quickly, my kind of bike purchase! No test ride required just buy
                      There's enough praise for the frame/geometry online to be sure it will ride nicely, and the components are all from well established brands so no worries there.

No chance of a test ride anyway unless you fancy a trip to Bonn in Germany which is their only outlet/factory/shop. lol

Comment

• The fact its compared to a YT Capra did I read, thats enough praise for me!

Comment

• 3rd night riding on trot and legs are absolutely shot now, went a bit OTT on some segments tonight didn't help. Need a few days off !

Comment

• c2w application submitted......i feel dirty

Dirty Filth

Comment

• What's happening here, thread will turn to discussion about skinny lattes and chafing cream soon
                              Originally posted by jointhedotz
                              I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• in fairness, it has knobbly tyres.....

I haven't fully gone to the dark side and 100% never will.

Road use will be minimal

It'll be thrashed on singletrack

It may even get a dropper!

Mostly it'll roll to village pubs though, i may even fit panniers for carrying beers to drink in between pubs

c2w approved but bike out of stock, will be collecting on tuesday

Comment

Working...
                                X