Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn that sucks. That scrape on the rear of the bike looks nasty

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Wow not good. Hope your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

• Yeah, that looks nasty.
        Hope you're ok.
        Originally posted by coiler
        the trails is where life flows best
        Originally posted by coiler
        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by danroyle View Post
          Damn that sucks. That scrape on the rear of the bike looks nasty

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by tystar View Post
          Wow not good. Hope your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by cruciate View Post
          Yeah, that looks nasty.
          Hope you're ok.
          Yer not ideal but these things happen eh? Having got back and given the bike a checkover I've also discovered the front wheel is now bent!

When the tyre blew suddenly it caused the steering to snap round at a sharp angle (which is what threw me off) but it obviously put a lot of sideways force on the wheel so it's not running true now. Off to my LBS during the week!

The dent on the back looks bad because it directly overlaps a part of the frame that already had no paint from where your heels rub the paintwork (caused by the previous owner). Still not going to help when I come to sell it though...

I'm fine though, pads did their job so all the important parts were protected. Just a bit scuffed up really!
          Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• ouch, unlucky and glad your ok !

New Garmin ok?
            flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
              ouch, unlucky and glad your ok !

New Garmin ok?
              That's the first thing I checked when I got up! Luckily it seemed to evade damage sat on the handlebar, although it did get spun round on the bar so it must have got caught in the brake cables or something?

But just to be safe I've ordered a silicon bumper case and also a K-Edge stem mount which replaces the top cap on your steerer tube and puts the Garmin in a pretty safe position out of the way in the event of a crash.

Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• Glad you're ok, looks like the frame has a crack/structural damage, but hopefully just paint fold. What pressures were you running on the tubeless?
                Originally posted by Aaron
                I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Some pics to cheer up a mizzly Monday Morning (SIC)

#HobbitsHouse #LogBurner #Mist #Vistas

#NewStatueAnkleNanoTechs #OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF #HarbourGrey #HammerGrey

"Reservoirs are spectacularly empty, lets ride out to the normally underwater outlet tunnel, drizabone"

#SomeoneFoundTheFreshRessyDue #POT TOWEL GATE

#COFFEECHRIS finest Pot Towel. RUINED

There may have been a SRAM Eagle drivechain ordered to replace the desecration/beyond economical repair

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                    Glad you're ok, looks like the frame has a crack/structural damage, but hopefully just paint fold. What pressures were you running on the tubeless?
                    Purely superficial luckily, it's just a flaked bit of paint not a crack in the frame fortunately! I'm just going to tape round it to stop any more paint coming off.

I'm going to get the wheel squared up but keep an eye on eBay for a new frame. Specialized Enduro is the obvious upgrade but I'm also looking at the Santa Cruz Nomad, Yeti SB6C, Pivot Mach 6 and Canyon Strive CF 8.0 as options. My frame is fine to ride so I'll just keep hammering it until a good deal on a frame pops up, at which point I'll swap all my components over while taking the opportunity to upgrade to 11 speed at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                      Purely superficial luckily, it's just a flaked bit of paint not a crack in the frame fortunately! I'm just going to tape round it to stop any more paint coming off.

I'm going to get the wheel squared up but keep an eye on eBay for a new frame. Specialized Enduro is the obvious upgrade but I'm also looking at the Santa Cruz Nomad, Yeti SB6C, Pivot Mach 6 and Canyon Strive CF 8.0 as options. My frame is fine to ride so I'll just keep hammering it until a good deal on a frame pops up, at which point I'll swap all my components over while taking the opportunity to upgrade to 11 speed at the same time.
                      yeti sb6c is gorgeous, I want that in turquoise in a couple of years
                      My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                        Glad you're ok, looks like the frame has a crack/structural damage, but hopefully just paint fold. What pressures were you running on the tubeless?
                        Ooh and I was 'supposed' to be running 20 PSI front and rear. I say 'supposed' to be, because when I got back to the car to pump up the front it was obviously not even registering any pressure, but when I went to check the pressure on the rear it was only showing 10 PSI!

So I have a feeling that during the previous days riding maybe I had lost some pressure hammering it over rocks and roots etc. Which means the blowout probably happened due to low pressure, so moral of the story is that I'll be making sure to check my tyre pressure at the beginning of each session from now on, including when I stop at midday for lunch just to be safe!

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                        yeti sb6c is gorgeous, I want that in turquoise in a couple of years
                        'tis indeed a lovely looking frame, there's one on eBay at the moment (albeit in black) with a set of Fox forks which I'm watching. I'd probably sell the forks to get some of the money back and just swap all my bits onto it.

Comment

Ooh and I was 'supposed' to be running 20 PSI front and rear. I say 'supposed' to be, because when I got back to the car to pump up the front it was obviously not even registering any pressure, but when I went to check the pressure on the rear it was only showing 10 PSI!

So I have a feeling that during the previous days riding maybe I had lost some pressure hammering it over rocks and roots etc. Which means the blowout probably happened due to low pressure, so moral of the story is that I'll be making sure to check my tyre pressure at the beginning of each session from now on, including when I stop at midday for lunch just to be safe!

'tis indeed a lovely looking frame, there's one on eBay at the moment (albeit in black) with a set of Fox forks which I'm watching. I'd probably sell the forks to get some of the money back and just swap all my bits onto it.
                          i have that down as being grey (it is black but looks grey) its in my watchlist too. Am not bidding just like to keep an eye on values.

Comment

• Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                            i have that down as being grey (it is black but looks grey) its in my watchlist too. Am not bidding just like to keep an eye on values.
                            Yer that's the one, it's 'carbon black' and now I've looked more closely it is actually more of a grey/gunmetal type colour isn't it.

Those Fox 36 forks are actually a better fork than my Pikes, and stiffer too! So I might be tempted to keep them and sell my Pikes if I won it.

I do find my Pikes flex under hard cornering, I can often hear the discs rubbing the pads as the legs twist off parallel.

Comment

Yer that's the one, it's 'carbon black' and now I've looked more closely it is actually more of a grey/gunmetal type colour isn't it.

Those Fox 36 forks are actually a better fork than my Pikes, and stiffer too! So I might be tempted to keep them and sell my Pikes if I won it.

I do find my Pikes flex under hard cornering, I can often hear the discs rubbing the pads as the legs twist off parallel.
                              yeah they're nice forks. On my bucket list for one day in the future,

Comment

• Nomads are lovely lovely steeds, seen a brushed alu one few years back, absolute beast, would own 100% A*****

Comment

Working...
                                X