Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
    Bloody hell tystar what happened there?
    She was running at school and forgot to stop at the bench. She's ok though bit of a tough cookie this 1.
    <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

• Epic view, A********************** looks a great outing

Ground cracking, swaying golden grass, dusty path to the horizon, what its all about that, in the moment.

Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• 3 months odd with no bike service whatsoever, and she was looking uncared for, filthy and like Mrs B

Stuff from xmas that needs fitting, but not before I had a clean bike to work on

New XR2 Team Issue for the back, 2.2, super lightweight...

Is that a bit of moss growing on the VPP link?

Old rear XR4 2.2 tubless sealant dry as a bone, although zero punctures since fitting this tyre...

Chain @ 0.75 new one ordered, and chain 2 fitted until which has low wear

Dustiest Scorchiest Spring in recent memory has took its toll on the dust belt...

#DUST

Maintenance kit and freshly ground coffee and 25*c out back, perfect day for it

60ml of the finest stans deployed in new XR2

New valve fitted old was a little crooked on the presta nib, also stripped all the old Stans Arch decals off rims, going to order new swank decals

Brush of washing up liquid round side wall and rim, stans coated round new tyre after a quick rotation, and she was pumped up with the old faithful Chris Boardman pump in less than a minute

All hubs, jockey wheels, regreased and cleaned

New Nanos were supposed to be 20 odd grams heavier AFAIK, pleasantly surprised to see a few grams less

New Yeti grips fitted with hairspray, looks lovely

#Hmmmmm what decals to get?

#Shiny #PedrosBikeLust, finally all pressures checked, and gears fettled slightly, then opened a beer

Comment

• Amazing fettlery there.
          Bluronce looking a million bucks.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Love a fettle report, but no vpp grease pump action shot? Those are my fave
            Originally posted by jointhedotz
            I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
              Epic view, A********************** looks a great outing

Ground cracking, swaying golden grass, dusty path to the horizon, what its all about that, in the moment.

It was a great ride I spent a lot of time waiting for them both to catch up. My boy had never ridden more than a couple of miles.i was majorly impressed that he kept going for almost 16 miles.

the country park we went into was so boggy had real issues with grip on the panaracer firexc. Came home and the wife cleaned Yvetti straight away for me so she's gleaming again.
              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• I decided my Strava game wasn't strong enough, so at 9.48am this morning I was sat outside the Halfords in Merthyr Tydfil waiting to buy this before I started 2 days riding at BikePark Wales...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Cypher; 29-05-17, 21:21.
                Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Had my first relatively big off for a while today. Not OTB but I was doing a run down a black trail that I hadn't done before and got caught out by a wet off camber corner and high-sided over the edge. Gravel 1 - Me 0

On the plus side I did give it another go later in the afternoon and nailed it, I never like to finish a day without re-riding any sections that went wrong as it doesn't help confidence next time you ride it as all you remember is crashing.

Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• Question for you guys, Whats the best way to check the brakes after giving it a clean, think may have got some grease on them as they don't stop on a pin like they used too.

Also fitted a pair of these too and seem a little slippy on the rear on the road.

https://www.evanscycles.com/schwalbe...-tyre-EV238625

Is that normal? thinking for when doing my manc to blackpool ride
                    <iframe height='160' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2768256/activity-summary/f83653646f45d8258c46d33b43bfa7598850ffdd'></iframe>

Comment

• I've contaminated my brakes a few times.
                      There are two answers.
                      1. Isopropyl alcohol the rotors and sand lightly the pads
                      2. (My preferred method) go down hill really fast. Try to stop.
                      The heat will burn off the contaminant. It's a surprisingly effective method.

I've not seen those tyres before. So I can't tell you if it's normal for them to be a tad unstable. They look good for the road though.
                      the trails is where life flows best
                      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Not as wide as my normal tyres, think it may just be a case of getting used to them being closer to road tyres.
                        Cheers, will try the burning off method just hope I don't go **** over ***

Comment

• Originally posted by tystar View Post
                          Not as wide as my normal tyres, think it may just be a case of getting used to them being closer to road tyres.
                          Cheers, will try the burning off method just hope I don't go **** over ***

Just lean weight back, should be hard to go OTB, and you can drag them for longer for max burn, heat build up.

Comment

• Got #NanoStatue ankle and calf/shin today, new pedals slightly different shape, so foot position and different muscles used

Comment

• Put some more air in the rear on the commute home and seemed a little more stable so think that's all good. Just to sort brakes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Didn't even manage a complete run from top to bottom before I decided to pack it in and go home today.

Although it hasn't rained today it did heavily overnight so the trails are greasy, combined with the fact my front tyre decided to belch out half it's air and sealant on a fast berm left me in a crumpled heap on the floor.

Bars and saddle both knocked out of line and a big dent in the rear triangle on my frame. Not happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X