No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aye Bosch Active Line, real nice HUD display on bars, and motor in the cranks, as opposed to rear hub.

Eco mode is 40% assist, 100% Tour, 150% Sport, 250% Turbo

Tried a Tranz-x motor too but wasn't as quick as the bosch or refined.

The premium Bosch on next bike up, has gear reset and autochange with a wireless mech, so when stopping it puts you back in easy gear for 0-60 and then auto shifts as needed when pedalling.
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• 250% is pretty hax
      Originally posted by jointhedotz
      I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Have a read tis lovelyyyyyyyyyyyyy

https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/ebike...s/active-line/

Intuvia HUD

Comment

• Ride report!!!

I've had a lovely day. Proper happy with life today.

Whenever I work the weekend I always like to have a monday play around. Last night I was trying to think where to go, and in a flash of inspiration I thought about my favourite diggle jiggle. http://cycling.tfgm.com/Pages/maps/Diggle-Jiggle.pdf
          Haven't done that in ages.
          I set off from home, so there was a 6 mile or so commute each side of the circuit itself.

So off I set, #discobike blaring out some 90's britpop indy.
          I'll be honest with you, this is the first time I've done the jiggle without my daughters boyfriend, who thinks he is a mountain biking body builder, but in reality is just a heavy, slow cardiovascular mess.
          And so, as I reached the half hour mark I realised that I was massively ahead of my best time, and I didn't stop much for photos, instead chasing a good average speed.

I took the time to stop and troll the forum with a nice pic of Whytney though. You've all seen this, but I thought it belonged in here.
          This was taken after what I believe to be the hardest climb of the route. The people who put the jiggle together however disagree, rating it as a 2 difficulty - "pulse racer".

A little climbing further and a panoramic pic was taken

A really treacherous downhill section, through what can only be described as a stream, with many loose rocks (I think Coiler would have hated this bit) and I reached the bottom of the "3" rated climb - "lung buster".
          It starts off as dirty lane. An apt title, and I felt a good phot opportunity.

The climb was tough, but in reality was a 2 mile climb, with the gradient swapping between 10% and 14%. Coiler took me on rides with 22% gradient. This, while far from easy, was not the "lung buster" I remember.
          After 2 miles I had my toughest part yet - Which of my snacks should I devour at the top o' the trail?

Mostly downhill from there, as I approached the end of the jiggle I looked at the time.
          Expected time? 2 to 4 hours
          My time? 1hr 25min

And so to the 6 mile commute home. #discobike still blaring, 1.5 litres of caffeine water consumed. Protein milkshake, energy bar and cherry fake Nakd aldi bar demolished.
          Massive grin on face all the way home.

Data:

Last edited by cruciate; 22-05-17, 20:35.
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• I have four days off over the weekend my 12 yr old wants to go on a mega ride with daddy. It's half term next week so gone see if I can empty all his energy out on one ride Saturday and then he can sleep all through half term.
            My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• So much jelly reading this thread at the moment (on H+ on my phone) .......
              flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Every pic I see of whytney makes me want one, quite like the limey one...
                Last edited by Chaz; 23-05-17, 20:33.

Comment

• Statue....

Legs.....

Low elev but a lot of subtle climbs made it draining, stop for a pint was nice though.

Deets on strava
                  Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                  Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Awesome looking pootle there Cru -
                    going to have to scope some new local MTB territory ......

They are very nice bikes Chaz in some lovely colours

Nice ride Mr JTD

Hoping to get out Friday (day off) before starting on the house. Then going to a friend's 50th on Saturday so no riding Sunday
                    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                      Ride report!!!

I've had a lovely day. Proper happy with life today.

Whenever I work the weekend I always like to have a monday play around. Last night I was trying to think where to go, and in a flash of inspiration I thought about my favourite diggle jiggle. http://cycling.tfgm.com/Pages/maps/Diggle-Jiggle.pdf
                      Haven't done that in ages.
                      I set off from home, so there was a 6 mile or so commute each side of the circuit itself.

So off I set, #discobike blaring out some 90's britpop indy.
                      I'll be honest with you, this is the first time I've done the jiggle without my daughters boyfriend, who thinks he is a mountain biking body builder, but in reality is just a heavy, slow cardiovascular mess.
                      And so, as I reached the half hour mark I realised that I was massively ahead of my best time, and I didn't stop much for photos, instead chasing a good average speed.

I took the time to stop and troll the forum with a nice pic of Whytney though. You've all seen this, but I thought it belonged in here.
                      This was taken after what I believe to be the hardest climb of the route. The people who put the jiggle together however disagree, rating it as a 2 difficulty - "pulse racer".

A little climbing further and a panoramic pic was taken

A really treacherous downhill section, through what can only be described as a stream, with many loose rocks (I think Coiler would have hated this bit) and I reached the bottom of the "3" rated climb - "lung buster".
                      It starts off as dirty lane. An apt title, and I felt a good phot opportunity.

The climb was tough, but in reality was a 2 mile climb, with the gradient swapping between 10% and 14%. Coiler took me on rides with 22% gradient. This, while far from easy, was not the "lung buster" I remember.
                      After 2 miles I had my toughest part yet - Which of my snacks should I devour at the top o' the trail?

Mostly downhill from there, as I approached the end of the jiggle I looked at the time.
                      Expected time? 2 to 4 hours
                      My time? 1hr 25min

And so to the 6 mile commute home. #discobike still blaring, 1.5 litres of caffeine water consumed. Protein milkshake, energy bar and cherry fake Nakd aldi bar demolished.
                      Massive grin on face all the way home.

Data:

Great write up! I need to stock up on those fuel things, breakfast/top O trail EPO in a bottle and 1hr 25! and all the gold prs, and MONDAY fuuuuuuuuuu!

Also still need to ride Jiggle, sun or mon any good

Comment

• Hey guys those of you that use Strava. Does it work better if your phone is strapped to your bars (if so recommendations for a good phone holder please)

Or will it work just fine if my phone is in my rucksack

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
                        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Fine in rucksack yeah, make sure to get all your privacy stuff set up on there

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                            Fine in rucksack yeah, make sure to get all your privacy stuff set up on there
                            Cheers. Will do so

Comment

• Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                              Hey guys those of you that use Strava. Does it work better if your phone is strapped to your bars (if so recommendations for a good phone holder please)

Or will it work just fine if my phone is in my rucksack

Before I started using Garmin stuff I found I could put my phone pretty much anywhere

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
                              the trails is where life flows best
                              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                                Cheers. Will do so

In app you can enable privacy, and then go on main website and you can set up zones on postcode so it won't show exactly where you came from/went. Good if you're commuting and would recommend not having last name on there and no pics of wife.

Strava without privacy set up is a thiefs dream

Comment

Working...
                                X