I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Where you off ?
      flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Couple O pics off for a hot muscle soak bath!

First 100k

Originally posted by Aaron

Comment

• Amy got to take Steve out yesterday (yeah she's named coiler steve&#128533 why I did what I can only describe as the most insanely busy 12 hr stint in the kitchen at the pub. It was hot and so so so busy.

She likes the bike but hasn't ride for a while so is complaining of butt pains
            [emoji24]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
            My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• OOOOh, a family ride out, I can't wait til I can do those

Sig updated....

Also.....

Explorer score:237 tiles, average of 3.493 mi per tile
              Max square 4x4
              Originally posted by {SAS}TB
              Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                OOOOh, a family ride out, I can't wait til I can do those

Sig updated....

Also.....

Explorer score:237 tiles, average of 3.493 mi per tile
                Max square 4x4
                I got to do the first 2 miles of it then go to work

My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Great name for the Coiler that

Netted another 9 tiles yesterday jtdz

Legs feel good today, reckon SAS endorsed high5 post ride, mid ride beans on toast refuel, and hot muscle soak bath with an early night. Unless tomorrow is going to be DOMS day

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                    Great name for the Coiler that [emoji38]

Netted another 9 tiles yesterday jtdz

Legs feel good today, reckon SAS endorsed high5 post ride, mid ride beans on toast refuel, and hot muscle soak bath with an early night. Unless tomorrow is going to be DOMS day
                    Yeah I thought you'd like that name [emoji16]

Halford eBay are doing the high 5 race packs for 6.99 collect in store option available

Comment

• This mornings project left is the standard sector compression unit right is the unit from a set of revelations. Upgrade time [emoji3]

Comment

• 210 tiles, average of 8.658 mi per tile after Felicity's cherry popper

2 bottles of High5 during the ride seems to have done the trick (only legs not the rest of "down there"!)

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                          Feel free to delete/move as I stray from MTB to roadie ................

So Felicity was taken out for her Maiden Voyage yesterday and, TBH, I was extremely uncomfortable (figuratively and literally) although the former lasted only about 10 miles

Not been on a road bike for years (far too many to contemplate) and never been on what can even loosely be called a "modern" road bike

The whole setup was completely alien (last time I was on one there was a brake lever across the top of the bars and a thumb shifter for gears)

Faffing with teh brake lever to change gear was a very steep learning curve and still something I am going to have to work on.

Having your feet lashed to the bike with SPDs, plus the gear changing newbness and being on a road was an eye opening shocker especially with the "mild tinglings" of a hangover

However the biggest, most shocking, eye opener was the lack of any suspension what so ever - oh my poor undercarriage

Plush FS to rigid stiffness barse drilling pain and the ability to feel, rectally, every undulation of the road, pothole and stone was not a welcome surprise

Had to, very quickly, remind myself I was not riding Bronwyn and actually take a lot more care where i was riding, not to sail over potholes or try and bunnyhop kerbs and drains - after 40 miles I was numb in the nether regions (and my back, neck and shoulders this morning) ...................

The miles do, literally, fly by - once i settled in, got off the main A-Roads and got me some back country lane action (and found a surprising number of hills) 10 -15 then 15- 25 miles just dissapeared as teh mind bleaching set in and i relaxed into enjoying it (despite my aching whatdoyoucallitdownthere) it was a lot of fun, harder CV and some different muscle groups, all good

But, old man nagging and complaining aside she is light, quick and nimble and with some user ignorance to be worked on I am sure will be a great compliement to (but never a replacement for) MTBing

And some pics

Nice little modern dwelling nestled in a very traditional Cheshire villiage

Bike detail shots

The pain bringer

Warp factor 10 cockpit

lol

And some stuff

And some data

And some blurry wife on wife action

Very detailed lovely writeup, love the side by side pics, those tyres

Shes a looker all round too, very fond of the details. Hoods/dropbars look swank. The inside fork logo detail A+++++

Reckon you need some more outings, like 2-3 a week, to adapt the muscles for bone shake action!

Comment

• Fav detail on the bike is that swank antler head think on top of the forks. Its the little things

Still want a roadie, like the idea of one, but need to try a Trek Domane with rear suspension. LMAO

Comment

• Cheers

I do like her (not so much as Bronwyn) but definitely glad of the purchase and will be well ridden

May have to get a gel seat pad and thicker short gusset though

Comment

• 100k / 160k Cheshire ring trainer!

So got a bit carried away on Strava route creator trying to knock up a longer than usual (20-30 mile) ride
                                *to see how the legs/CV system would cope with increased distance
                                *how much food was needed
                                *would my knee pain crop up again
                                *any bike fit niggles to crop up
                                *camelback run out
                                *legs just stop turning 40 miles in
                                *hit the wall/bonk

So many unanswered questions, and it was many years (10 I think) since the 54 mile ish manc > blackpool ride was done on smooth silky tarmac. Bluronce has never ridden more than 36 miles/4500ft climb.

Back to the route creator and wanted a canal path ish ride, so offroad, uneven in places, potholes, lots of grit and small bump compliance material, without the faff of actually dodging pedestrians on a narrow tow path, and the constant ducking under bridges, that joy can wait for the real thing

Picked the middlewood way, and decided to ride to bollington x3 times and see if I would actually bail out, and that was the beauty of this boomerang loop, once ruined simply abort the next run to Bollington, and retire home to a bed

Back to route creator and plotted from Rose Hill Station to Bollington, 12 miles, hmmmmm, back to Rose hill, then back to Bollington again, 28 miles, back to Rose hill.... but hold on I need caffeine and food, lets take this steep backroad to the Coffee Tavern in the wonderful Potts Shrigley, stuff belly with cakes and coffee, then drop back to middlewood way, and errrrrrrrrr ride back to Bollington again (39 miles)

It was such a daft idea, and would be not only leg ruining, but even more so mind ruining with the repetitiveness of riding the same trail over and over again, its just not the same as a cracking loop which takes you somewhere with fresh vistas every mile.

.........back to Rosehill (46 odd mile) and we'd take a detour and chuck in some local night ride territory here to treat ourselves for such punishment, avoid too many hills at 46 miles like, then just ride till we hit 60, which felt like a good number. If 60 was a goer, 100 should be that much more in grasp right?

Buddy had a full day free so accepted the challenge, perhaps not appreciating the triple to bollington nature of the GPX, possibly even just seeing the straight line and thinking it was a one way trip and that was 60 miles lol

Bluronce, not washed in months, no service, just the stanchion and chain routine, she definetely needs a big Spring showroom soon!

Emergency mini squirt for inevitable chain noise as the forcast was rain all morning

Decided to carb load, so two sashets of oats so simple, peanut butter on toast, and 3 espressos pre ride

Chucked some peanuts in the bag, for salt replenlishment and high kcals

bananas

Last resort EPO

x4 pieces of bread buttered with three fruit marmalade, wrapped in tinfoil and squashed in bag (which weighed a ton with 2litre full bladder, bad back, neck, shoulders here we come!)

After an hour of headwind, mizzling rain, and unsavoury conditions we reached Bollington Bridge, felt great to stretch the legs after such a drag, and even after the decent breakfast the marmy sarnies went down a treat. Looks at those skies!

Back to Rosehill again, (with the mizzly rain did for a second discuss how easy it would be to just go home and do it another time!) and back to Bollington Bridge again.

This section gave a great insight into the sort of pace on the flat to set into, early ride was 13-14mph into the headwind, heartrate 140-145, second return settled into a 15-16mph pace with 130-135 heartrate, with bursts of 17-18mph. Once up to speed, shifted up into the big ring, and just sat steady munching the miles. Was actually damn enjoyable!

Bollington Bridge second stop with slowly improving weather

The next return was carrot on a stick, with the promise of freshly ground coffee, cake, perhaps BEANS ON TOAST (EPO certified grade II)

After some hilly road action, which felt great after the constant grit, and overtaking some roadies on the climb we reached the Tavern

This marked the half way mark at pretty much 30 miles, legs felt heavy, but bar that felt good, this is usually where i'd arrive home for a hot shower and Strava upload

Picked up some reception and got a message from the missus, on a 25 mile hoss ride to a distant inn, refueling on the finest San Miguel

Dropped down a fast tarmac road section which felt like the double the downhill VS the road we'd climbed up to reach the tavern, cafe legs quickly wearing off with some downhill stomping to rewake them. Back onto the middlewood and temp had gone from a 8.6 mizzle, to a 15*c breaking blue skies, with 18*c for the last third of the ride

Ventured a bit further from Bollington Bridge on the third visit and went all the way to Macclesfield, which was all downhill DOH, but ended up at a petrol station for some lucazade replenishment, it was a welcome rehydration.

Didn't take much picture here on in, we were in Macc, furthest point away from home, 39 miles, and just getting home should top up the miles, so at this point we hit the trail, found a pace between 15-18mph, heartrate stayed low and it felt strangely "easy chair".

Took the fork close to Rosehill and added the Ridge Night ride loop in, very last break for a banana and decision that 100k is 62 miles, so we should do 63 miles-ish to make sure we do a "100k" lmao

This was a bad idea as after much more climbing and miles we had to add some crazy little loops to just make sure we hit that 62 miles when close to ride finish

The very last mini loop to "just top up the miles" he said, was the straw that broke the camels back and legs felt like concrete, after a surprisingly sprite fast last third of the ride.

Heart rate data shocked me, 80% zone2! fuuuuuuu and looks like legs truly took the brunt of the mileage, no aches or pains I expected in back/soulders, left Bluronce in trail mode the entire ride, was an incredibly enjoyable epic, and i'm even considering, possibly, a 100k once a month, but thats still just a consideration

*EDIT*
                                So to summarise

*to see how the legs/CV system would cope with increased distance - CV completely fine no Z4 or Z5, legs once up to pacing speed and settling in, just a dull ache which I think will improve the more long distance rides I get in over the summer.

*how much food was needed - Added the daily intake together on MFP came to 3338 calories for the day (only estimate was carrot cake) the ride burnt 3545 calories, add the rest of the days maintenance cals on top, and definetely hit the pillow in a cal deficit. Weigh in this morning 12 stone 2 lbs. Weigh in pre 100k, 12 stone 6 lbs.

*would my knee pain crop up again - no knee pain at all

*any bike fit niggles to crop up - Wouldn't mind some velo bars haha to have the ultimate easy chair but would look ridic lol, did see some mini bar end things that sit next to the grip for a different hand position which i'll look into again for change of pacing position.

*camelback run out - about 100ml left, with 500ml addition from sports drink.

*legs just stop turning 40 miles in - 63.89 mile they must have known the end was near lol

*hit the wall/bonk - think food intake was 10/10

Food intake

x2 sashet oats so simple
                                x2 round toast peanut butter
                                x3 espresso
                                x4 round bread with marmalade
                                x30g peanuts
                                x3 bananas
                                x1 energy sweet thing
                                x1 large plate of pasta
                                x2 flatbreads
                                half tin beans
                                x1 slice carrot cake