The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ta and no, its not

Everything is seemingly moving with the house and maybe should have held on and wangled some extra cash for this beauty

flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Saddlebag on and filled, Spesh's bottleholders (temporarily) transplanted over and old SPD shoes retrieved from the garage

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
        Saddlebag on and filled, Spesh's bottleholders (temporarily) transplanted over and old SPD shoes retrieved from the garage

Cheshire Life MAMIL edition picture that epic!
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• lol, the truth hurts

Comment

• Once you've gone MAMIL theres no going back. *runs off before Marsey sees*
            Originally posted by Aaron
            I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• its worse than that, more FMAMIL ......

Also, curry

and booze ........................

Last edited by {SAS}TB; 29-04-17, 21:59.

Comment

• Job done

report later

https://www.relive.cc/view/963934007

Comment

• I am mega hungover left work at 4am.had to leave yvetti there. Now got an 11hr shift to do
                  Then ride her home

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
                  My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Statue....

Legs.....

Never again.....

Dales bike centre is a really cool setup, we rocked up 8.30ish and chilled (literally) with a coffee before heading g into the bike shop to buy a route map and emergency gel. We already had a gpx of the route from their website but following the lakes misadventure figured a paper map may come in handy. They sell waterproof maps of their routes with helpful annotations to guide you on your way.

The route itself was brutal, definitely xc miles over smiles, brutal headwinds on the descents made the whole thing a soul crushing experience.

The views though... .And the remoteness.....Oof
                    Can't wait to go back

Different route though lol
                    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• looked an awesome ride out mate platter of pics on strava
                      Last edited by {SAS}TB; 01-05-17, 08:49.

Comment

• Aye, great day. Painful though.

Your roadie ride.....You found hills!!!
                        Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                        Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• SPD pedals on the roadie!

Tell us. Did you have a comedy slo mo fall at traffic lights?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by coiler
                          the trails is where life flows best
                          Originally posted by coiler
                          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Feel free to delete/move as I stray from MTB to roadie ................

So Felicity was taken out for her Maiden Voyage yesterday and, TBH, I was extremely uncomfortable (figuratively and literally) although the former lasted only about 10 miles

Not been on a road bike for years (far too many to contemplate) and never been on what can even loosely be called a "modern" road bike

The whole setup was completely alien (last time I was on one there was a brake lever across the top of the bars and a thumb shifter for gears)

Faffing with teh brake lever to change gear was a very steep learning curve and still something I am going to have to work on.

Having your feet lashed to the bike with SPDs, plus the gear changing newbness and being on a road was an eye opening shocker especially with the "mild tinglings" of a hangover

However the biggest, most shocking, eye opener was the lack of any suspension what so ever - oh my poor undercarriage

Plush FS to rigid stiffness barse drilling pain and the ability to feel, rectally, every undulation of the road, pothole and stone was not a welcome surprise

Had to, very quickly, remind myself I was not riding Bronwyn and actually take a lot more care where i was riding, not to sail over potholes or try and bunnyhop kerbs and drains - after 40 miles I was numb in the nether regions (and my back, neck and shoulders this morning) ...................

The miles do, literally, fly by - once i settled in, got off the main A-Roads and got me some back country lane action (and found a surprising number of hills) 10 -15 then 15- 25 miles just dissapeared as teh mind bleaching set in and i relaxed into enjoying it (despite my aching whatdoyoucallitdownthere) it was a lot of fun, harder CV and some different muscle groups, all good

But, old man nagging and complaining aside she is light, quick and nimble and with some user ignorance to be worked on I am sure will be a great compliement to (but never a replacement for) MTBing

And some pics

Nice little modern dwelling nestled in a very traditional Cheshire villiage

Bike detail shots

The pain bringer

Warp factor 10 cockpit

lol

And some stuff

And some data

And some blurry wife on wife action

Last edited by {SAS}TB; 01-05-17, 08:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                              Aye, great day. Painful though.

Your roadie ride.....You found hills!!!
                              Dont talk to me about pain ^^ Seee above

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                                SPD pedals on the roadie!

Tell us. Did you have a comedy slo mo fall at traffic lights?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
                                Yes SPDs !!

No comedy falls (had plenty on Spesh though) although did almost get side swiped riding through a red light (allegedley)
                                Last edited by {SAS}TB; 01-05-17, 08:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X