The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice sas

Got a 6 hour marathon fettle/clean sesh on the wife today, nice and clean ready to get ruined in 5 mins
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
      JTDz got his own trail name

I've come close to leaving the Maxle out several times, great they sold the one you needed in right size!

Sounds an eventful day, nice write up. Bikes looking super nice
      Yer they had a selection of Maxles in stock to fit various Rockshox forks, as well as other manufacturer versions which is super handy!

Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
      Very nice Cypher BPW is on my to do list

Are there any long / flowing trails or do you need uplift with more shorter downhill sections ?
      Short answer is that you will want uplift regardless of which runs you do as every single run starts from the same point at the top. Otherwise it's a 4.6km (steep) climb between every run. I managed 6 hard runs yesterday, and without the uplift that would have been more like 2 at a push!

Terry's Belly would be a great one for you guys who enjoy a bit more pedaling, it's a 4.6km continuous blue run that goes from top to bottom. Or there are others like the Sixtapod/Willy Waver combo I was riding which are split, so Sixtapod starts at the top, and Willy Waver starts half way down. But you can mix and match, as I also did a Vicious Valley/Willy Waver run too. There's a big map on the website that shows you which runs can run into each other.

As per that horizontal chart thing I posted, all the trails to the left are what they call 'flow trails', and having ridden a few of each (with 'tech trails' being the other end of the spectrum) I can say that the flow trails are by far my favourite.

The Sixtapod/Willy Waver (flow runs) combo is awesome, lots of fast swooping dips, flowy berms, and all the jumps can be rolled if required. Vicious Valley (tech run) on the other hand is a tree stump/root fest and I hated it. My last run of the way was Enter the Dragon (flow run) which is a black run, epic levels of difficulty with huge tables and massive blind drops, bottomed out my shock 3 times on this run and really shouldn't have attempted it at the end of the day when energy levels were low!

My full ride list from yesterday with videos on the runs I recorded:

Run 1: Sixtapod into Willy Waver

Run 2: Sixtapod into Willy Waver

Run 3: Sixtapod into Willy Waver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1SEEeKmANA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8zETaUOx8Y

Run 4: Vicious Valley into Blue Belle into Bushwacker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1ZZICcgYso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpVpY7ENpPE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ozyjemH-o

Run 5: Sixtapod into Willy Waver

Run 6: Enter The Dragon into Willy Waver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVqnSC3bCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucnCXJaOP1A
      Last edited by Cypher; 12-03-17, 17:36.
      Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

• Cheers Chaz ant pics of the sparkling, freshly fettled wife ?

And thanks too Cypher - great summary and loving the videos looks like a good mix

Llandegla (don't know if you've been?) is similar in that its a 3 mile climb then seperate routes down for blue, red and black - its pretty gradual, but still 3 miles !

Great RRFL effort this week with a full looking table; great effort chaps
        flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• And a few MTB related purchases

Comment

• Just because I'm too tired to move today anyway, I decided to do a compilation of some of the better bits of yesterday's riding to save watching all the videos individually because some of it is pretty boring tbh, condensed into a 1:40 video timed flawlessly to the Beastie Boys - Sabotage, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEZ-NJhnx0
            Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Comment

• Brilliant love "Ill Communication"

Comment

• Got one pic of fettled wife yes, looking about as clean as any bike of mine can expect to

Originally posted by jointhedotz
                I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                    Just because I'm too tired to move today anyway, I decided to do a compilation of some of the better bits of yesterday's riding to save watching all the videos individually because some of it is pretty boring tbh, condensed into a 1:40 video timed flawlessly to the Beastie Boys - Sabotage, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXEZ-NJhnx0
                    This video is not available
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    the trails is where life flows best
                    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                      This video is not available
                      Working fine at my end? Refresh and try again? Should have finished processing long ago!?

Comment

• Got it sorted. Twas phone being silly.
                        Was that sped up?
                        After saying Whytney makes me so silly things, most of that looked downright suicidal
                        the trails is where life flows best
                        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• It appears I'm off to glentress on Saturday, w00t!
                          Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                          Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Possibly planning a gisburn trip soonish, will drop you guys details as soon as they're available

Comment

Got it sorted. Twas phone being silly.
                              Was that sped up?
                              After saying Whytney makes me so silly things, most of that looked downright suicidal
                              I'd guess it's different when you're there.

You ride stuff you wouldn't think possible for you when the opportunity presents itself. And trail centre stuff tends to be designed to ride well/easily. Come to gisburn when i post deets

Comment

Got it sorted. Twas phone being silly.
                                Was that sped up?
                                Nope, although it is filmed and played back in 60fps which seems to trick the eye until you get used to it.

Same effect as when they released The Hobbit in 45fps or whatever it was, and everyone said it looked 'too real'.

Some of it was suicidal, I really shouldn't have done that black run. lol Bike wasn't setup for the big drops (bottomed shock 3 or 4 times), mech was playing up so I was stuck with only about 3 useful gears, I was tired, and tbh with that being my first day back doing any proper riding, choosing the hardest trail available (excluding the pro-line which isn't a full run) wasn't a smart move.

I'm beginning to think I might be in the market for a new bike soon though. The low BB height was causing me a lot of issues in that I had to be VERY choosy about when I pedalled or I'd bottom them out.

On the rough stuff you just have to accept that you can't pedal and try to carry enough speed to clear the obstacle with gravity alone. Very different to my old DH bike where I could pedal everything.

YT Capra is looking pretty tasty...maybe something for next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X