Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Had day off yesterday do finally got to check over more of the bike.


    upon opening up the forks to check oil levels I found that one fork had less than 10ml of fluid and the other had 200 so rectified that,
    no longer are than super squishy

    here are some more gratuitious pics of the bike









    I think im gonna lose the coiler frame to my wife though its a little small for me and she has taken a liking to it so i am trying to get hold of a DMR eXalt frame again as i loved that bike then give her the coiler frame and my single track wheels
    Last edited by danroyle; 07-03-17, 11:27.
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

    Comment


    • Interesting ride tonight, otb led to dislocated finger, I relocated it at the trailside like a boss.....Hurts a bit so having beer to dull the pain
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

      Comment




      • Horrible

        Speaking purely as a health working person, please get that checked. If there is any crack through the joint it needs attention and you won't know without an x-ray.

        Speaking as a friend, however - "COOL". You put it back yourself. Genuinely cool. Musta hurt like a
        Originally posted by coiler
        the trails is where life flows best
        Originally posted by coiler
        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

        Comment


        • Didn't actually hurt that much tbh, until driving home.....Changing gear etc. Had to bail on the ride early once the swelling started as couldn't grip the bars fully. The actual relocation just felt odd, the following 10 mins of light headedness and sick feeling was a touch unpleasant though.

          I'll give it a day or so and if anything feels untoward I'll get it checked out. Cheers for the advice though
          Originally posted by {SAS}TB
          Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

          Comment


          • Dan - looking good there mate

            JTD - Ouch but good calk on the beer painkiller
            flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram



            Comment


            • Sounds pretty hardcore jtd lol, fair play
              Originally posted by jointhedotz
              I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

              Comment


              • Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                Had day off yesterday do finally got to check over more of the bike.


                upon opening up the forks to check oil levels I found that one fork had less than 10ml of fluid and the other had 200 so rectified that,
                no longer are than super squishy

                here are some more gratuitious pics of the bike









                I think im gonna lose the coiler frame to my wife though its a little small for me and she has taken a liking to it so i am trying to get hold of a DMR eXalt frame again as i loved that bike then give her the coiler frame and my single track wheels



                That read like a top gear review, was foaming at mouth, amazing write up, then .................................................. ......"but i'm giving it to the wife"
                Originally posted by Aaron
                I want those sweet cherries

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                  Didn't actually hurt that much tbh, until driving home.....Changing gear etc. Had to bail on the ride early once the swelling started as couldn't grip the bars fully. The actual relocation just felt odd, the following 10 mins of light headedness and sick feeling was a touch unpleasant though.

                  I'll give it a day or so and if anything feels untoward I'll get it checked out. Cheers for the advice though

                  You'll have to get a personal assistant to type on the forums for you (and do your work too)
                  Originally posted by Aaron
                  I want those sweet cherries

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by coiler View Post
                    That read like a top gear review, was foaming at mouth, amazing write up, then .................................................. ......"but i'm giving it to the wife"
                    Am giving it to the wife but I've got some pretty cool stuff coming. Gotta love an eBay bargain

                    got a dmr exalt frame https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dm...D6LaxIQ79GHlM:

                    picked up a set of Marzocchi z1 SL freeride forks for 60 they need some oil but uppers and seals in good condition the guy listed them as Z15L
                    soke glorious looking answer taper 685 xp riser bars for 15 from crc. My best mate has a set of avid codes that the piston is seized on the front one so he's said I can have them if I can fix them. The coiler is nice rides like a dream now it has oil in all the right places. But it is just a touch short and I do prefer a hardtail.

                    Once my parts start turning up I'll post up some pics of everything
                    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                    Comment


                    • Sounds like a great project

                      Always fancied an early trailstar as a project, really wanted one back in 97/89ish
                      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                        Am giving it to the wife but I've got some pretty cool stuff coming. Gotta love an eBay bargain

                        got a dmr exalt frame https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dm...D6LaxIQ79GHlM:

                        picked up a set of Marzocchi z1 SL freeride forks for 60 they need some oil but uppers and seals in good condition the guy listed them as Z15L
                        soke glorious looking answer taper 685 xp riser bars for 15 from crc. My best mate has a set of avid codes that the piston is seized on the front one so he's said I can have them if I can fix them. The coiler is nice rides like a dream now it has oil in all the right places. But it is just a touch short and I do prefer a hardtail.

                        Once my parts start turning up I'll post up some pics of everything


                        Coiler full sus > hardtail.

                        Not sure if can endorse, but then I do detest a hardtail!
                        Originally posted by Aaron
                        I want those sweet cherries

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                          Sounds like a great project

                          Always fancied an early trailstar as a project, really wanted one back in 97/89ish
                          the bike i smashed my face up on was a DMR Exalt the hardtail combined with an amazing geometry that can take 170mm travel forks made it an absolute barrel of fun to ride





                          Red was before the accident white after as i had to give it a repaint as it got ruined
                          My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by coiler View Post
                            Coiler full sus > hardtail.

                            Not sure if can endorse, but then I do detest a hardtail!
                            you will endorse it you endorsed it last time i had an Exalt

                            as a peace offering here are some pics of the new bars and grips that just turned up


                            Excuse the mess in my office been storing the bike in there as my mate has his bike in my shed and its quicker and easier for me to get it out for work from the office
                            My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                            Comment


                            • That was before you had a do it all full plusher though

                              What size frame is the Coiler and how tall are you?
                              Originally posted by Aaron
                              I want those sweet cherries

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by coiler View Post
                                That was before you had a do it all full plusher though

                                What size frame is the Coiler and how tall are you?
                                frame is a medium I think and I'm 6ft from the pics you can see how high I have the seat and that's a good 4 inches lower than it needs to be. Seatpost is extended 8-9 inches. And there's a further 4 inches of seatpost left in the tube. It's an uncut seatpost too. It's also a case of 90% of my riding is on tarmac so he he hardtail makes sense
                                My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X