Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I got some free kona jack s*** pedals with my Coiler, but they were SPD's which I don't use.

    With the Heckler it was frame only

    That stem is super short, will be very pin point steering, are you going wide bars for descending?
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: The mountain bike thread...

      Yeah I've got 740mm ragley wiser bars. The short stem is for when I'm on the road as I will be using it to get to work as well. Just been reading reviews on locks looking at the kryptonite New York fahgettaboutit for at work and something smaller for in my bag.
      I realised yesterday that I gave my mates all my tools and bleed kits so going to have to 're buy everything
      My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by danroyle View Post
        police said i have to give reasonable amount of time for him to send it and then they said in all honesty there is little they can/would do the guy is in a different county it would just get put down as a statistic. Yeah and definitely learnt my lesson.
        *learned



        sucks mate
        but i know what it's like to get ripped off, still waiting on my 100 here...

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
          *learned
          learnt is acceptable and usually preferrt in British English.

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: The mountain bike thread...

            Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
            *learned



            sucks mate
            but i know what it's like to get ripped off, still waiting on my 100 here...
            Either or is acceptable
            My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by danroyle View Post
              Yeah I've got 740mm ragley wiser bars. The short stem is for when I'm on the road as I will be using it to get to work as well. Just been reading reviews on locks looking at the kryptonite New York fahgettaboutit for at work and something smaller for in my bag.
              I realised yesterday that I gave my mates all my tools and bleed kits so going to have to 're buy everything
              I have this lock mate, its heavy and would require a ruck sack to carry it in, but peace of mind, worst they can do is take your front wheel and saddle lol, this has actually happened to someone using this lock

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by TAZ007 View Post
                I have this lock mate, its heavy and would require a ruck sack to carry it in, but peace of mind, worst they can do is take your front wheel and saddle lol, this has actually happened to someone using this lock
                which lock dude?
                "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                Plato

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: The mountain bike thread...

                  Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                  which lock dude?
                  The kryptonite New York fahgettaboutit it's a monster lock
                  My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    The mountain bike thread...

                    My stem handlebars grips and pedals turned up today but no bike yet. Slightly gutted was hoping to build it this afternoon. Looks like it will be tomorrow now!
                    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                      My stem handlebars grips and pedals turned up today but no bike yet. Slightly gutted was hoping to build it this afternoon. Looks like it will be tomorrow now!
                      TTIUWP
                      Originally posted by jointhedotz
                      I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        re:brakepads

                        sintered or organic, which are best?
                        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                        Plato

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by marsey99 View Post
                          re:brakepads

                          sintered or organic, which are best?
                          Organic = Higher % of actual brake compound, very grippy, wear quicker

                          Sintered = Metal substance added into mix, not as grippy, last longer.

                          I never used anything but organic on my DH bike, but sintered would be fine for general use and commuting.
                          Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

                          Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            sintered all the way for me.

                            Can go through a set of organic in one muddy wet ride.

                            Picked up some cloud 9, sintered from decathlon for my Formula Oro's only 9.99
                            Originally posted by Aaron
                            I want those sweet cherries

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              The mountain bike thread...

                              Also sintered for me.

                              Anyway all my bike arrived this morning got it home put my stem and bars and here we are

                              Commencal meta sl 2012 in large
                              SRAM xo gears
                              Formula rx brakes
                              Fox float 32 120 mm travel forks
                              Fox rp23 propedal rear shock
                              Spank spike race stem
                              Ragley wiser bars
                              Dmr v8 acid blue pedals
                              SRAM xo carbon cranks
                              Yeti odi grips.
                              Fulcrum red power XL wheel set

                              She weighs In about 13kg
                              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Lovely looking bit of kit that
                                Originally posted by jointhedotz
                                I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X