X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about this bike? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...5499&langId=-1

Comment

• Originally posted by nickc View Post
      The bizango is good spec for the money but its a very heavy bike because entry level 29er wheels weigh a ton
      Originally posted by jointhedotz
      I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Right, no more mobile phone research. I'll read last few messages properly and digest

Comment

• Bike related in that I can outrun the weather on two wheels
          I was heading to the left, up the hill. Love the view from this spot.

Originally posted by coiler
          He'll have the local FBI round his house with all that hash!
          Originally posted by BigIan88
          turn off that sexy nonsense
          Originally posted by Salad Soup
          turns out if you touch a stripper too much and try and get back in after being kicked out, they dont like that!

Comment

• have a read of the review here NIck, I like the Bizango tbh
            http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/ca...ango-13-47282/
            Originally posted by {SAS}TB
            Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• saw a GT Avalanche (forget which one) on sale @ 300 a little while back, seemed like good value
              worth having a trawl of the bike shops maybe

Comment

• I've just noticed the VooDoo HooDoo on Halfords (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165499#tab2) which is praised by reviews including that on BikeRadar (http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/ca...odoo-12-461940. And at 500 it seems like a decent bike. Opinions? Issue might be weight tho. I'm probably going to be doing a bit more country road cycling than downhill mountain biking so trying to get 14.1kgs up a steep hill with my frail legs puts me off. Perhaps I should go for a slightly more all rounder. I guess that same theory could also rule out the Bizango as well. Ahhhh decisions.

Comment

I've just noticed the VooDoo HooDoo on Halfords (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...Id_165499#tab2) which is praised by reviews including that on BikeRadar (http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/ca...odoo-12-461940. And at 500 it seems like a decent bike. Opinions? Issue might be weight tho. I'm probably going to be doing a bit more country road cycling than downhill mountain biking so trying to get 14.1kgs up a steep hill with my frail legs puts me off. Perhaps I should go for a slightly more all rounder. I guess that same theory could also rule out the Bizango as well. Ahhhh decisions.

Linked it to you earlier

14.1 isnt that bad, with the quality of fork and gears it would be fine. You could swap out parts for lighter ones as they wore out too, as the frame is not the weight. But certainly if weight is an issue the bizango is at least 15kg if not more which is too heavy for a hardtail

Comment

• weight is what people spend so much money on for bikes bud, low end bikes are heavy, high end bikes better quality/materials and therefore can be lighter and do the same job.

If weight is an issue then that Calibre is probably your best bet @ 13.7KG

Comment

• Guys I honestly appreciate all the feedback so far. Issue is that I don't know whether weight is an issue. I'm a novice and always want to be. I understand gravity and know that heavier things go faster downhill and take longer to get up hill

Comment

• put it this way, until you have a bike and decide how YOU want to ride it and what YOU need then it's all academic.

Comment

• Fair enough, but bear in mind that everything 300-500 is going to be around 13 or 14 kg and that really isnt a terrible weight to be getting on with.

Comment

• exactly, and the suggested bikes are carrying most of their weight in wheels, tyres, forks, and the drivetrain. These are areas that can easily be upgraded as required (see Strawbs' recent upgrades earlier in the thread, he's probably dropped a few kilo's there).

Comment

• You're spot on. Do you guys do mountain biking on your own or do you do it in groups? And do you red runs or what? Or just off road?

Comment

You're spot on. Do you guys do mountain biking on your own or do you do it in groups? And do you red runs or what? Or just off road?
                                I mainly go out and about on my own as I like to set my own pace (be it fast or slow ) and I dont go on any organised stuff, just forest tracks, bridleways and trails etc

Comment

Working...
                                X