No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further update for those that care initial phone number i had is now coming up unrecognised second number goes straight to tesco mobile answer service and some research into his address now shows that his address is an estate agents.. Not looking good have left him answer phone messages asking him to call me but not holding out much hope at this point..
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Ouch, that does sound like a scam, sorry to hear

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
        Further update for those that care initial phone number i had is now coming up unrecognised second number goes straight to tesco mobile answer service and some research into his address now shows that his address is an estate agents.. Not looking good have left him answer phone messages asking him to call me but not holding out much hope at this point..
        how much did you pay?

could you have paid cash on collection?
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
          how much did you pay?

could you have paid cash on collection?
          its a 2 and a half hour train ride from me to were he is so no could really do cash on collection. Only cost me 400 so its not epic amount of cash but still it was more for the frame as a base for my next project bike, Now i have to start again
          My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

That is horrible. I couldn't afford to lose 400
            Originally posted by coiler
            the trails is where life flows best
            Originally posted by coiler
            Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Re: The mountain bike thread...

I can't either really but very little I can do at this point.

Wanted a bike for getting into work in the winter so now got to decide whether I pay out again or go without for another year

Comment

The mountain bike thread...

Update on this definitely got ripped off.

However has turned out ok got my first wage with the extra hours yesterday and dropped some unneeded bills (sky spare phone etc) and managed to refinance to a point where I am paying 12 a month but will be receiving a very nice new commencal full sus bike next week.

Pics to follow when it comes

Comment

Update on this definitely got ripped off.

However has turned out ok got my first wage with the extra hours yesterday and dropped some unneeded bills (sky spare phone etc) and managed to refinance to a point where I am paying 12 a month but will be receiving a very nice new commencal full sus bike next week.

Pics to follow when it comes
                  Can you not phone your bank?.... see if they can get the transfer reversed due to fraud?.. basically see if they can do a chargeback?
                  posted by scrivz69
                  I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                  i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

They can't, a BACS is final AFAIK.

Good call on the full sus winter whip though.

Comment

The mountain bike thread...

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                      Can you not phone your bank?.... see if they can get the transfer reversed due to fraud?.. basically see if they can do a chargeback?
                      Can't be pulled back as it was Instant payment.

Got my despatch email today parcel force 48 so will be with me Tuesday

Comment

gutted for you.

cant you report it to ebay/police

lesson learned i guess
                        HAF XB:- Intel I7 4770k , Corsair H100i , 24gb RAM 1600mhz, , 2gb Nvida GTX 760, 2x1tb WD hdd, 240gb OCZ ssd, LG Blueray r/w odd
                        Intel I5 2500k - 8gb 1600mhz - 1gb Nvida GTX 560 - 1tb WD hdd - DVD rw
                        HP Dv7 3110ea Laptop :- I7 720qm Nvida geforce GT230m 8gb RAM 500gb hdd 120gb ssd

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin View Post
                          gutted for you.

cant you report it to ebay/police

lesson learned i guess
                          police said i have to give reasonable amount of time for him to send it and then they said in all honesty there is little they can/would do the guy is in a different county it would just get put down as a statistic. Yeah and definitely learnt my lesson.

Comment

Out of interesrt has anyone tried spybike gps tracker http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/Spybike.jsp

was considering gettting one for the bike but 110 is a bit steep are there any other alternatives out there that are similar.

I was looking at maybe the bike light
                            Last edited by danroyle; 16-08-13, 15:24.

Comment

Out of interesrt has anyone tried spybike gps tracker http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/Spybike.jsp

was considering gettting one for the bike but 110 is a bit steep are there any other alternatives out there that are similar.

I was looking at maybe the bike light

Great idea, but how would it work? Headsets caps/screws can be quite indepent of starfangled nut/locking thread in the steerer tube. Can't imagine it fitting all steerer tubes?

Comment

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                                Great idea, but how would it work? Headsets caps/screws can be quite indepent of starfangled nut/locking thread in the steerer tube. Can't imagine it fitting all steerer tubes?
                                according to some of the spiel it will fit all standard 1 1/8 forks but i have a feeling due to its length tapered forks will be a no go and my bike has tapered headtube on it. It does look good though but the rear bike light looks the much better option to me as i'm a bit anal about my bike and i just bought this to go on it http://spank-ind.com/index.php?a=inf...o&id=947&tid=1 in blue and for me having a black sticky up top cap would annoy the hell out of me.

Incidentally thats the first bit of unveiling of my new bike i ordered it and immediately bought new bars stem and most importantly pedals, How the hell can you charge that much for a bike and not give pedals blooming mental,

Comment

Working...
                                X