No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the one Alan bought and used for the vid I linked: http://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-Wate...=action+camera
    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
      This is the one Alan bought and used for the vid I linked: http://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-Wate...=action+camera
      Yeah was looking at that, 36 quid bargainous
      Originally posted by jointhedotz
      I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• looks alright in the vid, had to use a little image stabilasation in movie maker but I think that's to be expected really. Lots of mounts included too apparently

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
          Seriously considering this instead (looks a good deal for 1200 ?)

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1940538/

or even

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1950822/

thoughts ?
          Anyone ?
          flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• By Bronson knowledge is weak I'm afraid but I'd be tempted by the frame fork combo

Comment

• I reckon by the time you pay 1500 for the frame alone you may as well buy a new one lol

Comment

• Cheers : I suppose my thought process is .....

Full Bronson is full Bronson but means "finding" 2.5k and keeping the spend hidden from Mrs TB

cc frame is newer / "better" in terms of being "new" carbon version but has signs of light damage and is just the frame

frame / forks / dropper / headset combo seems good value, seems in good nick, is what I was looking for in terms of colouring and I can just about get away with telling the Mrs it was 150 bargain and hide the spend

Also gives me a project to work on and pester you lot component by component

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                I reckon by the time you pay 1500 for the frame alone you may as well buy a new one lol
                New ones start at 3k no dropper ......

Comment

New ones start at 3k no dropper ......
                  Never built a bike from scratch have you lol.

You'll easily rack up almost 1k on bits assuming new and of appropriate quality for a Bronson CC.

What forks? Wheels? Brakes? there's a grand.

Go with the frame/fork/dropper option. Add Superstar carbon wheels. pinch drivetrain from 'hopper for now imo

Edit: dammit, the superstar carbon wheels were on offer a week or so ago
                  Last edited by jointhedotz; 07-04-16, 13:17.

Comment

You'll easily rack up almost 1k on bits assuming new and of appropriate quality for a Bronson CC.

Go with the frame/fork/dropper option. Add Superstar carbon wheels. pinch drivetrain from 'hopper for now imo

Whats a grand in the grand scheme of things? (See what I did there) Especially if on interest free loan/credit card etc etc

I don't think you'd be happy with a scratched used and abused Bronson, and if carbon has it taken any potentially frame cracking hits? I'd get frame, and move as much of your current stuff across, I mean gears are more than fine, stem bars ok etc etc, Then just add new bits when money to spend and upgrade parts when they break.

I moved all my Kona Coiler bits to Heckler bar wheels, then again to Blur. Blur originally had a combo of Coiler and Heckler bits.

Then picked up the bargain Joey Propane hope hoops, superstar nano pedals, JTD GUAPO, went clutch mech 10 speed, etc My WTB seat has been going on 10+ years from the Coiler
                    Originally posted by Aaron
                    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                      Whats a grand in the grand scheme of things? (See what I did there) Especially if on interest free loan/credit card etc etc
                      Nowt, but it takes him to pretty much a new Bronson, albeit alloy, rather than a used carbone one

Comment

Nowt, but it takes him to pretty much a new Bronson, albeit alloy, rather than a used carbone one
                        I'd rather a new alloy, than carbon 2nd hand. Grand saving possible if just buying frame and not whole new bike.
                        Originally posted by Aaron
                        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

lol, not for almost 30 years, no

I'd love a new one, and the finance wouldn't be an issue until we look at sorting the mortgage and it shows up in the credit search and get a bollocking from the Mrs

Also new, i'd be paranoid to ride it and devastated if i dinged it. Although still not cheap, I wouldn't be so bothered on a second hand set up. Being no rush to build / ride it I could get / save for parts and build it up over a few months, use the Spesh until the FrankenBronson was ready .......

Comment

• Ubyke only have small frames otherwise I would have got a new 2014 ally frame from them .......

Can't see anywhere sells new frames in large for ~1500 ?

Comment

lol, not for almost 30 years, no

I'd love a new one, and the finance wouldn't be an issue until we look at sorting the mortgage and it shows up in the credit search and get a bollocking from the Mrs

Also new, i'd be paranoid to ride it and devastated if i dinged it. Although still not cheap, I wouldn't be so bothered on a second hand set up. Being no rush to build / ride it I could get / save for parts and build it up over a few months, use the Spesh until the FrankenBronson was ready .......
                              Then go with the frame fork and dropper combo you linked. Add THESE and the rest off 'hopper

Comment

• Blur TR on STW: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/to...reen-hope-bits

Bronson: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/to...ronson-cc-2014
                                Last edited by jointhedotz; 07-04-16, 13:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X