Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coiler View Post
    Looks burly, you do a lot of jumping?
    used to ride a fair bit of "street" stuff and hit the odd trail also got this ..

ill have to get some better pics and a build thread up but basics :-

patriot +6 rock shok boxxxers fox vanilla rear shock hope discs on bulbs and mavic 321 disc....
    HAF XB:- Intel I7 4770k , Corsair H100i , 24gb RAM 1600mhz, , 2gb Nvida GTX 760, 2x1tb WD hdd, 240gb OCZ ssd, LG Blueray r/w odd
    Intel I5 2500k - 8gb 1600mhz - 1gb Nvida GTX 560 - 1tb WD hdd - DVD rw
    HP Dv7 3110ea Laptop :- I7 720qm Nvida geforce GT230m 8gb RAM 500gb hdd 120gb ssd

Comment

Originally posted by niceguyrichy View Post
      2k i think
      Yeah, all my bikes cost around that.

Unfortunately mine's about to be broken up, I need to join the adult world (booo) and get driving soon as, not that it was getting any use before I made that decision anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Seb.F View Post
        No room in here for road bikes I guess?
        mine is a hybrid of sorts so i would post yours if i was you
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

Put my new forks on today, but I didn't cut the steerer short enough gonna get some more spacers tomorrow and will finally post pics tomorrow
          Originally posted by jointhedotz
          I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

The mountain bike thread...

I bought my bike Wednesday night made payment and now the guy I bought it from has gone dark. Not answering calls texts or emails. He was supposed to get it picked up Thursday but i am getting no response. Really annoyed bought it on a bike forum I use got no way of getting my money back if it doesn't arrive.
            My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
              I bought my bike Wednesday night made payment and now the guy I bought it from has gone dark. Not answering calls texts or emails. He was supposed to get it picked up Thursday but i am getting no response. Really annoyed bought it on a bike forum I use got no way of getting my money back if it doesn't arrive.
              ORYL which forum?

Well known high post member or?

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
              Put my new forks on today, but I didn't cut the steerer short enough gonna get some more spacers tomorrow and will finally post pics tomorrow

Too many spacers screws up the frame geo, can you not saw it down a bit more?
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Spacers won't affect the frame geometry (as they are above the headtube, it's only the axle-to-crown height that affects head angle), but riding position will be changed to be more upright and lead to higher center of gravity.

Comment

Re: The mountain bike thread...

ORYL which forum?

Well known high post member or?

Got it from pinkbike used there buy sell section numerous times guy seemed legit. Took all the sensible steps except paid bank xfer and have heard nothing since am hoping that he's just a lazy contacter and that it will turn in the next day or two
                  My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

I don't know why people still use bank transfer now PayPal withdrawals are almost instant, much safer and less change of typing in wrong numbers etc.

Hope it comes good in the end though.
                    Intel i5-2500K @ 4GHz | 8GB DDR3 | ASUS GTX 970 | 500GB 850 EVO | Corsair H60 | Fractal Define S | Corsair SP2500 2.1 | ASUS 29" 2560x1080 IPS

Twitter / Instagram / YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Cypher View Post
                      I don't know why people still use bank transfer now PayPal withdrawals are almost instant, much safer and less change of typing in wrong numbers etc.

Hope it comes good in the end though.
                      Guy wouldn't use PayPal and I know a fair few people that don't. PayPal is good except for the fact they can just take money from your account it makes people uneasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Propane View Post
                        Spacers won't affect the frame geometry (as they are above the headtube, it's only the axle-to-crown height that affects head angle), but riding position will be changed to be more upright and lead to higher center of gravity.
                        But riding position being different would mean your not positioned to correctly "fit" with the frame geo? I've seen some crazy spaced out forks where the hands are raised enough to effect the handling, or some who put the spacers on top of the stem LOL!

Originally posted by danroyle View Post
                        Got it from pinkbike used there buy sell section numerous times guy seemed legit. Took all the sensible steps except paid bank xfer and have heard nothing since am hoping that he's just a lazy contacter and that it will turn in the next day or two
                        Isn't pink bike now renowned as the place to shift dodgy bikes nowadays? On many stolen bike threads its the first place they always say to go ARgghhghgh
                        Originally posted by Aaron
                        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

But riding position being different would mean your not positioned to correctly "fit" with the frame geo? I've seen some crazy spaced out forks where the hands are raised enough to effect the handling, or some who put the spacers on top of the stem LOL!

Isn't pink bike now renowned as the place to shift dodgy bikes nowadays? On many stolen bike threads its the first place they always say to go ARgghhghgh
                          I've always used it for parts for my bike never had a issue. And I always get address phone number etc first. There are always some dodgy bikes on there but you can usually tell which ones if your careful.
                          And most importantly I always try and check the ads for stolen bikes similar to the thing I'm buying. Had a bike nicked once was really depressing and a mate had his taken a few months back from outside his work.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong about this guy and that's he's just slack otherwise got to save up again and buy something else

Comment

Forum owners should be able to help the police track him down for you?
                            Originally posted by jointhedotz
                            I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

Forum owners have a massive disclaimer about holding no responsibility for buy sell secrion. They do say they will give any info they have to the police but its an American website so not sure how helpful they will be. And you need little or no info to register

Comment

oh Christ don't open that can of worms here....

Comment

Working...
                                X