No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep - left the house just after 6 - about 1/3 way back now - refuel / coffee / shower out for 10 with Mrs and kids - possibly an Easter egg hunt in Lyme Park

Will post ride report later and hope to see a few more
    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Little taster - start and finish

Comment

• Beautiful still misty morning. I'm massively impressed you get up early and cycle so often.

You know, if this forum is anything to go by, the fittest people in the UK are computer users. Who predicted that?
        Originally posted by coiler
        the trails is where life flows best
        Originally posted by coiler
        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Money shot that!

Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
            Beautiful still misty morning. I'm massively impressed you get up early and cycle so often.

You know, if this forum is anything to go by, the fittest people in the UK are computer users. Who predicted that?
            Cheers mate I'm fine with early mornings and the ride is sooooooooooooo much quieter

lol, who would have thunk it indeed

Originally posted by coiler View Post
            Money shot that!
            Ta - got the same with the good camera as well - will post later

Absolute hell getting to Lyme Park 3 hours 15 mins to do 30 miles FML ............

Comment

• Well,as you've seen on Strava I popped out for a wee ride today. Glorious day for it as well and I loved almost every minute of it. THE PEACE AND SERENITY.

I attempted THIS but fluffed it and ended up plodding through open moor for a wee while until I got signal and could use my OS map app (long story short, launch it at home as it verifies which maps you own before allowing them to open).

I had an OTB 3 miles in, soaking my new gloves and meaning I was gloveless the rest of the route. It was a pain free experience (beyond the future cold hands) and I only have myself to blame, well, me and the wheel swallowing mud.

Phots (few extras): http://s221.photobucket.com/user/Her...s%20-%20250316

I never got a chance to take a photo of the recovery mcdonalds unfortunately as it didn't stick around long enough for the camera to focus

Anyway, I'm off to google Giant Anthem 29ers.....

Edit: This is where I cocked up, the path off to the right must've been overgrown

Last edited by jointhedotz; 25-03-16, 18:17.
              Originally posted by {SAS}TB
              Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• As Strava mate, stunning scenery and cracking pictures

Getting lost is part the fun, unlike OTBs, but glad you and the wife are OK

Thanks for the pics and write up, looks a cracking trail

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                  As Strava mate, stunning scenery and cracking pictures

Getting lost is part the fun, unlike OTBs, but glad you and the wife are OK

Thanks for the pics and write up, looks a cracking trail
                  Ha, TY. I felt as though I had to take pics, the weight of the forums collective will was bearing down on me

Getting lost would have been ok had it been on rideable (and dry) terrain and not on the side of the hill getting battered by the wind. It was glorious once back on the proper trail lol. I'll know next time though

Would happily try it again tomorrow if I thought my legs would allow it.

Comment

• Oh, almost forgot - I spotted a Cruciate wannabe at Lyme Park earlier

Comment

• Every time I see Coiler's PistolWhip route this pops into my head:.

NSFK (not safe for kiddies) warning

Last edited by jointhedotz; 25-03-16, 18:31.

Comment

Oh, almost forgot - I spotted a Cruciate wannabe at Lyme Park earlier

That's a poor imitation tbh, so much free space....

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                          Every time I see Coiler's PistolWhip route this pops into my head:.

NSFK (not safe for kiddies) warning
                          lol

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                          Indeed, no match for the master

I had a batch of bike related deliveries over the last few days:

What could this be ?

Good size box ..........

A bloody top

and 4" of packaging !

Put Amazon to shame that one !

Nom nom

New shorts

New top

New gloves (which are awesome!)

And two tops, being returned as do not fit my svelte figure

Ride report will come at some point

Comment

That stem is absolutely ridiculous! LooooooooooooooooooooooooooL how many spacers

Comment

lol

Ride report will come at some point

Nice haul, I need some inbetween seasons gloves, had the winters on last week and had boil in bag hand situation, swapped to summer fingerless gloves and all was well. Started todays ride with fingerless gloves and had cold hands until I warmed up LOOL

Comment

Well,as you've seen on Strava I popped out for a wee ride today. Glorious day for it as well and I loved almost every minute of it. THE PEACE AND SERENITY.

I attempted THIS but fluffed it and ended up plodding through open moor for a wee while until I got signal and could use my OS map app (long story short, launch it at home as it verifies which maps you own before allowing them to open).

I had an OTB 3 miles in, soaking my new gloves and meaning I was gloveless the rest of the route. It was a pain free experience (beyond the future cold hands) and I only have myself to blame, well, me and the wheel swallowing mud.

Phots (few extras): http://s221.photobucket.com/user/Her...s%20-%20250316

I never got a chance to take a photo of the recovery mcdonalds unfortunately as it didn't stick around long enough for the camera to focus

Anyway, I'm off to google Giant Anthem 29ers.....

Edit: This is where I cocked up, the path off to the right must've been overgrown

Looks a lovely ride, how long a drive to get there? Looks like a lot of new trails beckoning!

How did the OTB happen were you sat dead centre of saddle, and hit unexpected mudrut? How did you land? Everything ok though

I'm thinking two glove policy after my cold hands early on todays ride lol

Comment

Working...
                                X