X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha ha - you'd be didsapointed and feel cheated if you got anything less
    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• I feel disappointed and cheated that's it's taking this long!
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Originally posted by coiler
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Ah, but part of the fun is the anti ....

.. cipation ....

Comment

• No more waiting !

First off the Mrs has been getting the kids into running and the eldest (8) is a sprinter really and struggling with any distance so has been doing the couch to 5k for a few weeks running round the garden and wanted to go out for a "proper" run so duly obliged last night, cycling behind her (nice to ease the cassette in as well)

Then the youngest (6) asked if she could go and in stark difference, she is a machine !!!! so off I went again

Fast forward to this morning and decided to get up and out so left the house at about 6.30 - "brisk" to say the least, but the fresh air helped with the early hour and ensured nice quiet trails

So went along the to end of my normal run, missing the small loop out and this sign had intrigued me for a few weeks

As it was still early, decided "why not?"

Through the gate

Down some steps and OOHHH MY !!!!

Luuurvvverrrly trails

This went on for a few miles, a mile or so of road, down a bridleway past two very nice houses, through the fence and

Delamere ! took me about an hour from home - well chuffed

So stopped for breakfast re-fuel

Random Coiler tyre shot

Lake shot

Had a quick wizz about then headed back

Random train track shot

Sexxxxy cassette shot

Which performed excellently, soooo smooth and quiet chuffed, just a small fettle needed as rubbing against the front guide when on the big cogs, so will need a quick adjust, but apart from that, so happy with it.

Then back for more re-fueling

And the ride data

And Velo viewer

Comment

• Annnd a whole new set of data

Cracking run out - thoroughly enjoyed it and Dela may be my new regular jaunt - if i didn't have to be back for 9.00 this morning i would have had longer there and gone up Old Pale

Next time

Comment

• Cracking ride report SAS, proper storytime pic action

The stop to check the watch, and pic bit made me chortle

I'm just back, bike away, croissants and more coffee, and shower, then off to do some DIY at the farm, pics later

ps. twas super hot out for March, absolutely dripping, real Spring lovely day.
              Originally posted by Aaron
              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Cheers mate, some nice looking rides on Strava today, looking good

Lovely and warm out, patio doors open and airing the house through - will still prep the fire incase the temperature drops tonight

And some proper pics

Delamere Trail by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Trail to Delamere by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Trail to Delamere 3 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Trail to Delamere 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

New Cassette 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Delamere Rest by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Delamere Pano by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Comment

• That new casette though!

Great you can ride to Dela in an hour, destination for all day epics, and great summer slingshot ride, no doubt you'll find other ways to get back to loop it too. Looks super dry todays ride and bike staying blingtastic

Comment

• I know, I smile everytime is see it, like this

Yep, the ride to Dela on this route is great as well, so an hour of fun there - good blast round and jaunt up old pale and an hour back - defo Sunday pass required as the months go on

Driest outing in a long time, nice to come back with a bike in the same state i set out in !

I would need a full clean and polish if i durtied up my cassette

Comment

• Its now officially dust season going off my local trails, few rogue puddles and mud patches, but proper dry for middle of March, as long as no monsoons roll in going to be a long dusty summer

Comment

• Drying out up here as well, crud guard has been removed and bike given a quick hose down.

The overdue sunrace cassette report.....works like my slx but better range.....win!
                        Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                        Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Pics pics pics !

Comment

• Of what? The cassette is a few pages back and the 2 pics from the ride are on straaaaavaaaaaa

Comment

• Added clean bike to strava as CBA to mess around with photbucket

Comment

• Just pics generally

Bikes looking good and a great sprinkling of shiny cassette goodness

Comment

Working...
                                X