The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
    Well the missus is loving her riding to work action, she gets there in 5 mins instead of 15, and gets to the farm in 10 mins, instead of 30

Told her to leave her uber lock on the bike rack instead of carting home each day, and she's got the original hongkong 20 uber magicshine light for the dark (of second sun fame)

Perfect week for her to get used to it too, uber dry, and sun sun sun

Amazing the Mavic /STXs wheels are rolling so well, 16 years on original bearings, never serviced. Those wheels were in the magic era of my first proper MTB, took me all over Edale/Peak district on some crazy gnarley descents when I look back on it, getting caught out in some proper rotten weather too. Will be a good test see how long they last her!
    Careful....that kind of talk will have you over on retrobike in no time

Glad she's enjoying it though

I see no pics of the mrs' mrs btw, this should be rectified.
    Originally posted by {SAS}TB
    Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Yeah its the wife on the ex ex ex hardtail wife.

Looooooooooool dat meme, you could do what the pros do and go for a chainless ride
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
        I see no pics of the mrs' mrs btw, this should be rectified.
        Very much this !

Originally posted by coiler View Post
        dat meme, you could do what the pros do and go for a chainless ride
        If i didn't live in the middle of a pancake, I may just be tempted ..................... :/
        flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Cassette removal and replacement was easily the most satisfying fettle I've ever done.
          Coiler doesn't do it. I love it so much I've done it twice.
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Originally posted by coiler
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
            Cassette removal and replacement was easily the most satisfying fettle I've ever done.
            Excellent - cant wait now Even went past the LBSand its closed today - ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU !!!!

Originally posted by cruciate View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
              ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU !!!!
              2 deliveries in quick succession adding to my CT suspicions ......

Then, on all of the days they could be delivered, under the glare of the sun .....

And, what I was hoping to wear this morning

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Cassette removal and replacement was easily the most satisfying fettle I've ever done.
                I'm on my third this year lol

9spd>10spd>Megarange 10spd

Comment

I've bought a chainwhip now! (btwin decathlon brand) I may have to use the LBS I so enjoy having a cassette pilgrimage to, for taking apart the STX hubs which use cup and ball bearings (RETRO MAAM) for a service instead.

Comment

• Been a ton of bikes stolen on failbook groups today, this one stood out as the most extreme attempt! Make sure you setup privacy zones guys

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=2

This 6k Yeti turns up on Sheffield pinkbike a few days back

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1905143/

Chesterfield cycles gets ramraided and loses a green Yeti, are these guys really listing pre theft!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Nottingham Spesh shop

http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk...-road-ram-raid

Expert bike repair Rotherham

https://www.facebook.com/Expert-Bike...70772/?fref=nf

Never seen so many in a short space of time!

Comment

• SAS does the echo work with Strava + suffer score etc? Fitness and Freshness graph is the sex.

Comment

• On a posting roll tonight #footpath content

Conventional wisdom is that where it is not an offence to cycle along a footpath, it is nevertheless a trespass against the owner. If this is so, then the owner has the right to remove the trespasser. This would be a civil matter between the owner and the cyclist and nobody else would be concerned – for example, members of the public who dislike people cycling on footpaths would have no role. So it is important to explore whether cycling on a footpath really is a trespass.

http://www.ctc.org.uk/article/campaigns-guide/cycling-on-footpath-trespass

Some gems in this

Cycling along footpaths has not been held to be a public nuisance. If cycling was a private nuisance to the owner it would be a trespass even with a right of way. So if cycling along, say, a bridleway is not a private nuisance then cycling along a footpath cannot be. The clear implication is that a cyclist on a public footpath has lawful authority to be there and is not a trespasser.

and this p
                        retty much says it all, "are you the land owner" "no?" "well then "

Conventional wisdom is that where it is not an offence to cycle along a footpath, it is nevertheless a trespass against the owner. If this is so, then the owner has the right to remove the trespasser. This would be a civil matter between the owner and the cyclist and nobody else would be concerned – for example, members of the public who dislike people cycling on footpaths would have no role. So it is important to explore whether cycling on a footpath really is a trespass.

Comment

• Wowzers at those thefts !

Nice article on the paths

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                          SAS does the echo work with Strava + suffer score etc? Fitness and Freshness graph is the sex.
                          Yep, it does not bad for 35

Can't wait to try it out, when my new cassette turns up ...........
                          Last edited by {SAS}TB; 16-03-16, 20:26.

Comment

• So.....opinions people

The '95 Fisher.....I have 2 ideas in my head, one 'normal' the other a bit out there so I thought I'd ask your views (bad idea given the retro hate lol).

Idea 1: Carbon 26er rigid forks, light as possible on the cheap
                            Idea 2: 69er......29er rigid forks and wheel, On One Mary bars (or similar)

Comment

• On One mary bars aware me

Comment

• Is google blocked by the aria towers proxy server???

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOMA/o...mary-handlebar

They're fitted to the 69er 'Frankenbike' THM built on retrobike, althoguh fitted upside down. The more I look at it the more I smile lol

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vie...42780&start=40

The carbon 26er forks are FS in this thread, I'm awaiting a reply: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vie...?f=39&t=343168
                                Last edited by jointhedotz; 17-03-16, 11:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X