• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the shop? Full susser

Towpath? Full susser

All day epic day glo pasty epic? Full susser

Yes maaaaam
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
      Going to the shop? Full susser

Towpath? Full susser

All day epic day glo pasty epic? Full susser

Yes maaaaam
      I've just done a looooooooooooooooad of winter road action #FULLSUSSER with 2.4" tyres up front #LOVESTARMAC

Its just the comfiest thing for all conditions, and with lockout (not that you need it with good sus platform) it can be any wife you want it to be

Heard you were eyeing up a Bronson II JTD

Overkill simply doesn't exist, comfort and plushness is where life flows best on the trails.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
        I've just done a looooooooooooooooad of winter road action #FULLSUSSER with 2.4" tyres up front #LOVESTARMAC

Its just the comfiest thing for all conditions, and with lockout (not that you need it with good sus platform) it can be any wife you want it to be

Heard you were eyeing up a Bronson II JTD

Overkill simply doesn't exist, comfort and plushness is where life flows best on the trails.
        Horses for courses....

Anyway, what worthwhile full suss can you pick up for 60? As for a Bronson....I don't earn Santa Cruz money sadly, hell, I don't even earn Raleigh money

I'm using this thread as inspiration for the fisher.....you'll love it: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vie...?f=21&t=342780
        Originally posted by {SAS}TB
        Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• You could spend that 60 upgrading warez on the other wife

How is the 42t, can't recall a ride report? or any rides recently? aware me.

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
            You could spend that 60 upgrading warez on the other wife

How is the 42t, can't recall a ride report? or any rides recently? aware me.
            Main wife wants for nothing (apart from brakes eventually, no rush though)

As for the 42t.......no ride report as no ride yet

Comment

• New components and no permission/time to test them, do not want kids (or wife absent of wheels)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                New components and no permission/time to test them, do not want kids (or wife absent of wheels)
                tbh it's just been a busy few weekends, i could manage an evening ride but it's been cold and I'm lazy. I wouldn't change family life for anything though, it wrecks the freedom you had before but is soooo much more rewarding. That said, I drop them at the airport sunday and it's just me and the dogs for a fortnight

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                  I wouldn't change family life for anything though, it wrecks the freedom you had before but is soooo much more rewarding.
                  This (well most the time )

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                  That said, I drop them at the airport sunday and it's just me and the dogs for a fortnight
                  Bonus

Today's delivery :

Quite a hoard from Wiggle!

Bottle cage, Innertubes, chain, colour co-ordinated bottle cage bolts (), multitool, Co2 pump and canisters !

Also added a running water bottle for the wife and one each for the kids

eBay / China special on a paracord wristband

Complete with fire lighter / striker and whistle !

No intention of wearing it ala Bear Grills, but will sit nicely in my backpack, just in case
                  flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• SAS you clearly need tubeless in your life, more inner tubes than halfords!

Comment

• Yes, I do !

You can guarantee if I didn't replace it I would get two punctures next time out ..............

Also, they were in the sale, so good to stock up

Comment

• Love my slime tubes. Had no problems since fitting those
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        the trails is where life flows best
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• May look into them at some point / when by Innertube mountain decreases

Comment

• Wireless KS dropper post INTERESTED SIGN ME UP

Joe blow booster 165 PSI tubeless pump OOOOOOOOOOOOOOF INTERESTED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGnEuugsKQI

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                              May look into them at some point / when by Innertube mountain decreases
                              One of the places which has more benefit than anywhere else in shaving weight, is rotational weight.

Look at the price in shaving a few grams off a rear mech or crank, going for the top end XTR, uber expensive for little saving, and you've got to do it across all the bike components to add up to anything substantial.

Beauty of tubeless is you remove the heavy inner tube, and add some lightweight liquid, insta-rotational gainz! On top of that pretty much never get a flat again. Slime tubes go against this unfortunately as they keep the inner tube and add the slime weight coming in around 170g.

Conti inners are around 130g.

Stans fluid is 30-51g depending how much you use (I went all year in the back off 30g)

So inners are 200g heavier

Slime tubes 280g heavier

Just under and just over half a pound added to bike weight, which is a lot if you were to try and get this saving in drivechain components, but the crux, this saving can be made in rotational weight.

TL; dr no more punctures

Comment

• Well, its just dropped a little lower on my list after this mornings pre-ride fettle ..........

Up nice and early, kids ready, cycling gear on and ready, just need to fit new chain and pump the back tyre back up to full pressure

New chain - shiny shiny !

Snapped down to length

Quickly swapped the snapped bottle cage, complete with bling bolts

Slapped the chain on and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Threaded on

Slight rotation and grind

Bent is an understatement

Well ****** off, no ride today, need to order a new cassette

Suppose on the up side, i found out why I have been having chain probs !

This one is a Sunrace, 10-speed, 11-36 - any suggestions while i go and shower and grab coffee and eggs ??

Comment

Working...
                                X