Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Going to the shop? Full susser

    Towpath? Full susser

    All day epic day glo pasty epic? Full susser


    Yes maaaaam
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Chaz View Post
      Going to the shop? Full susser

      Towpath? Full susser

      All day epic day glo pasty epic? Full susser


      Yes maaaaam
      I've just done a looooooooooooooooad of winter road action #FULLSUSSER with 2.4" tyres up front #LOVESTARMAC

      Its just the comfiest thing for all conditions, and with lockout (not that you need it with good sus platform) it can be any wife you want it to be

      Heard you were eyeing up a Bronson II JTD


      Overkill simply doesn't exist, comfort and plushness is where life flows best on the trails.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

      Comment


      • Originally posted by coiler View Post
        I've just done a looooooooooooooooad of winter road action #FULLSUSSER with 2.4" tyres up front #LOVESTARMAC

        Its just the comfiest thing for all conditions, and with lockout (not that you need it with good sus platform) it can be any wife you want it to be

        Heard you were eyeing up a Bronson II JTD


        Overkill simply doesn't exist, comfort and plushness is where life flows best on the trails.
        Horses for courses....

        Anyway, what worthwhile full suss can you pick up for 60? As for a Bronson....I don't earn Santa Cruz money sadly, hell, I don't even earn Raleigh money

        I'm using this thread as inspiration for the fisher.....you'll love it: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/vie...?f=21&t=342780
        Originally posted by {SAS}TB
        Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

        Comment


        • You could spend that 60 upgrading warez on the other wife

          How is the 42t, can't recall a ride report? or any rides recently? aware me.
          Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

          Comment


          • Originally posted by coiler View Post
            You could spend that 60 upgrading warez on the other wife

            How is the 42t, can't recall a ride report? or any rides recently? aware me.
            Main wife wants for nothing (apart from brakes eventually, no rush though)

            As for the 42t.......no ride report as no ride yet
            Originally posted by {SAS}TB
            Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

            Comment


            • New components and no permission/time to test them, do not want kids (or wife absent of wheels)
              Originally posted by jointhedotz
              I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                New components and no permission/time to test them, do not want kids (or wife absent of wheels)
                tbh it's just been a busy few weekends, i could manage an evening ride but it's been cold and I'm lazy. I wouldn't change family life for anything though, it wrecks the freedom you had before but is soooo much more rewarding. That said, I drop them at the airport sunday and it's just me and the dogs for a fortnight
                Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                  I wouldn't change family life for anything though, it wrecks the freedom you had before but is soooo much more rewarding.
                  This (well most the time )

                  Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                  That said, I drop them at the airport sunday and it's just me and the dogs for a fortnight
                  Bonus

                  Today's delivery :



                  Quite a hoard from Wiggle!

                  Bottle cage, Innertubes, chain, colour co-ordinated bottle cage bolts (), multitool, Co2 pump and canisters !

                  Also added a running water bottle for the wife and one each for the kids



                  eBay / China special on a paracord wristband



                  Complete with fire lighter / striker and whistle !





                  No intention of wearing it ala Bear Grills, but will sit nicely in my backpack, just in case
                  flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram



                  Comment


                  • SAS you clearly need tubeless in your life, more inner tubes than halfords!
                    Originally posted by jointhedotz
                    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

                    Comment


                    • Yes, I do !

                      You can guarantee if I didn't replace it I would get two punctures next time out ..............

                      Also, they were in the sale, so good to stock up
                      flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram



                      Comment


                      • Love my slime tubes. Had no problems since fitting those
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        the trails is where life flows best
                        Originally posted by coiler
                        Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

                        Comment


                        • May look into them at some point / when by Innertube mountain decreases
                          flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram



                          Comment


                          • Wireless KS dropper post INTERESTED SIGN ME UP

                            Joe blow booster 165 PSI tubeless pump OOOOOOOOOOOOOOF INTERESTED




                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGnEuugsKQI
                            Originally posted by Aaron
                            I want those sweet cherries

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                              May look into them at some point / when by Innertube mountain decreases
                              One of the places which has more benefit than anywhere else in shaving weight, is rotational weight.

                              Look at the price in shaving a few grams off a rear mech or crank, going for the top end XTR, uber expensive for little saving, and you've got to do it across all the bike components to add up to anything substantial.

                              Beauty of tubeless is you remove the heavy inner tube, and add some lightweight liquid, insta-rotational gainz! On top of that pretty much never get a flat again. Slime tubes go against this unfortunately as they keep the inner tube and add the slime weight coming in around 170g.

                              Conti inners are around 130g.

                              Stans fluid is 30-51g depending how much you use (I went all year in the back off 30g)


                              So inners are 200g heavier

                              Slime tubes 280g heavier

                              Just under and just over half a pound added to bike weight, which is a lot if you were to try and get this saving in drivechain components, but the crux, this saving can be made in rotational weight.


                              TL; dr no more punctures
                              Originally posted by Aaron
                              I want those sweet cherries

                              Comment


                              • Well, its just dropped a little lower on my list after this mornings pre-ride fettle ..........

                                Up nice and early, kids ready, cycling gear on and ready, just need to fit new chain and pump the back tyre back up to full pressure

                                New chain - shiny shiny !





                                Snapped down to length



                                Quickly swapped the snapped bottle cage, complete with bling bolts



                                Slapped the chain on and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

                                Threaded on



                                Slight rotation and grind




                                Bent is an understatement





                                Well ****** off, no ride today, need to order a new cassette

                                Suppose on the up side, i found out why I have been having chain probs !

                                This one is a Sunrace, 10-speed, 11-36 - any suggestions while i go and shower and grab coffee and eggs ??
                                flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X