The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
    Wonder how half the wipperman went missing, taught to loose chain flung it off when passed through mech?

Wipperman chains are good, in fact do you want my 10SX as a spare? only had one ride on it when I decided it was noisy on my Sram cassette, so got a KMC which was quiet in comparison, strange as my 9 spd wippers have been quiet on Sram,

http://www.connexchain.com/en/product/connex-10sx.html

comparison

http://www.connexchain.com/en/10-speed-chains.html

Its only had 2 links taken off it, triple 10 spd and VPP likes a long chain, doesn't have the quicklink i'm using that now though
    Lol, I found the other half of the wippeman on the second piece of chain hanging from my bike

So clicked that back in, it was the random chain break that just wouldn't fix (well that I couldn't fix)

If the chain is going spare then yes mate, thanks, that would be ace as I seem to be getting through them at quite a pace ..........

In other news, I completely forgot that I went for Strava premium and got myself a HR monitor (wrist as opposed to chest / strap) - should be here this week, but no riding now until Wiggle get my delivery sorted ..........
    flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• How about removing two links then rejoining with the pin method, or spare powerlink?

pm me your addy
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Ride looks awesome mate was absolutely glorious out today (sorry Cruciate ) - defo boil in the bag and glad yours wasn't as eventful as mine !

Peanut Clif are the best (so far) although the Trek Peanut ones are nom nom nom too

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
          How about removing two links then rejoining with the pin method, or spare powerlink?

pm me your addy
          I tried the pin method and showed how crap my chain breaker / chain repair skills are (didn't help I popped the pin right out and had a mare getting it back in) - a spare powerlink would have done it - hence the bulk buy just placed

Cheers pal - will PM you the addy now

Would have repped and thanked you too, but need to spread the love a bit first before it will let me

Comment

• I've broke loads of chain splitters, sheared the press right off

This is worth its weight in gold, parktools das beste, uber lightweight too!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

• Cheers

The multitool I ordered has one on and the guy who sorted me out yesterday swears by it - it definitely made light work of the repair yesterday so ill see what its like when it turns up

Comment

• Talking of tools. Just ordered these, rebuilding missus bike over last week has made me rage at the allen key multitool things, and losing all my fav normal sized allen keys. Multitool back in bag, and these will go in the tool carry tray thing, all sizes on bike 4, 5 and 6
                Attached Files

Comment

• Nice - cant have enough fettling assistance

Comment

• I really need some sort of tray on the bike stand, wonder if you can buy clip on tool trays

Currently everything in a carry handle plastic tool caddy, but once start to work want specific bits easily to hand, I was even thinking yesterday a tool waist strap apron thing would be good LOL

Missus bike is complete now, swapping tools constantly trying to fettle front mech. Its a SIS triple, with gripshift, spanner bolts, chunky phillips heads, tried to get a sram/shimano trigger shift but indexing was too different so its back to gripshift until I can sort a more modern mech. Then the new gear cable wouldn't go into the gripshift lever, ended up finding a little popoff bit to ease it through, was like 3 hours of fettle just on this antique front mech. Did someone say mech?

Comment

• He he - glad your setting wife's wife sorted

I'm terrible for tools / tool boxes - I have a PC bits / tool box and a DIY / jobs tool box and a bugger for not putting things back and then having a mare to find them when I need them ......

My wife fettle bits are currently in a cardboard box in the garage or in the backpack - need to clear the workbench and get that sorted

Oh, and my fettle stand has a tray, a magnetic tray at that

Sure you must be able to get a tray, if not a magnetic one

Comment

• And

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/m...ay/rp-prod7347

Comment

• And

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/12113...&ul_noapp=true

Comment

• @TB - I have the multitool you ordered, it's decent I had to replace the chain tool pin though as snapped it on 2nd use, this one is going well though
                            Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                            Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• bit nippy out there still but come noon....
                              "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                              Plato

Comment

• That's what happens to all my chaintools, they snap after a few splits lol, almost disposable! Parktools one has done around 15 splits now, so definite endorsement.

I've got a main toolbox in my storage cupboard under the eaves upstairs, on the floor in this cupboard are more tools, i've got a bike spares box in the office mancave, bike stuff in the kitchen draw near backdoor, bike stuff above boiler house in plastic storage box, and my carry caddy which is slowly collecting all my most used tools. Its those days when I chuck something back in the kitchen draw or any of the above locations where is all goes wrong and I can't find the bit I need, running up and downstairs several times mid fettle

Sooner I get it all in the dayglo caddy the better, the allen tools are going to live there perma (ideal world piece of ply on wall with black sharpied out locations to put everything away LOL)

Comment

Working...
                                X