Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ffs what is happening to this forum all because coiler can't read
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• "the mountain bike thread" is anything remotely similar, or sharing a certain number of letters in the same order, lets say "the bike thread" or "the motor thread" or "the motor bike thread" as an example, is strictly forbidden

Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
        ffs what is happening to this forum all because coiler can't read
        reading?

on a forum?

aint nobody got time for....
        "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
        Plato

Comment

• OK so I have some fettle time this morning after dropping the kids off shortly

I was going take a look at my brakes as they are definitely nowhere near as good as they were (nothing done to them on ~18 months)

Anyone point me in the right direction of a fettle guide / tutorial ?

How often do pads need changing ? Should I be checking oil levels etc ?

Halp!

flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• I check my pads every now and again when wheels are out, currently got half a match stick thickness left, as long as it doesn't pose a threat of going down to the pad backing metal mid ride good to roll

Unless you've gt85's youre rotors (josh gate) or got contaminate on them which won't burnish off?

Not 15*c today looks like next weekend. BUT the nicest morning i've seen all year, blue skies, sun out, no wind, spring in the air, full on spring mode.

Comment

• Cheers

Front Brake: Tektro Draco 2, hydraulic disc, dual piston, 180mm rotor
              Rear Brake: Tektro Draco 2, hydraulic disc, dual piston, 160mm rotor

There is a "reservoir" ? on the bars by the lever which says "Mineral Oil" on it - does that need checking / topping up ?

"Warm" here ~10 degrees - bit overcast though - moving fettle to the back garden

Comment

• Feels like early morning |BBQ weather out, just about to put on fresh white spirit, squirted up chain

Reckon i'll feel unfit after missing last week!

If the levers feel spongy, or go too close to the handlebars to get full lock, there could be moisture or air in the system which can happen over time, or loss of fluid, (mineral oil/dot 5 etc depending what that brake ships with) they may need a full bleed, you can get various bleed kits off CRC/wiggle, or take to LBS to do.

Comment

• Shouldn't need anything fancy to bleed, just a couple of syringes and some clear tube + a spanner small enough for the bleed valve. Plenty of good vids on YouTube for it, quite an expensive thing to get someone to do at lbs though
                  Originally posted by jointhedotz
                  I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Cheers guys - just been fettling and cleaned a load of crud / residue off the rotors - hopefully that will sort it, will see after the next ride.

And speaking of fettling - an hour and a half in the garden, with mechanical wife with no non-mechanical wife or kids - BLISSS !!!!!!

And here we go ............

Before:

Can't do a full fettle on a slightly dirty bike so, shock horror, I washed her

Bit of rust discovered, will have to keep an eye on it

Crud catchers off (leaving Enduros on) and trussed her up on the fettle stand

Make shift work bench

Tweaked her nipples

Tested her tightness back, to front

Muc Offed her chain

Lubed her up

Pumped her up

Rear end shot

Post fettle

Post fettle, with log store

And, just for Coiler, the money shot !

Wife, logs and Fiskars !!!!! clapclapclap

Comment

• no way!!!!

its grey, black and blue

pure filth that post dude.

do approve
                      "Those able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses."
                      Plato

Comment

• Ha ha ha - I was smirking to myself when I saw the text / decals on the tyres and rims as I had completely forgotten they were there

Comment

• Yest ride report to follow at some point Twas cracking, hottest ride of the year easy, and I look out today and its already heating up, with a high of 13*c, no wind, uber early Spring, who's out today?

I may be going for a hike with the good lady, then finishing off bike repair later, brakes now done, swapped out Swchinn ones, Avid 10s Just need to cut chain etc now

Comment

• I'm literally about to walk out the door to the local park.

We're (with the kids) trailing a junior park run (2k) then back home so hoping to get out later this morning / early this afternoon

Just thinking of an alternate / slightly different route to avoid as much gloop as poss and keep the bike semi-clean

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
                              I'm literally about to walk out the door to the local park.

We're (with the kids) trailing a junior park run (2k) then back home so hoping to get out later this morning / early this afternoon

Just thinking of an alternate / slightly different route to avoid as much gloop as poss and keep the bike semi-clean

You got no local singletrack roads/backroads/country lanes to link up new trails, avoid the military grade gloop?

Comment

• I have a route in mind missing out most gloopy bits and looping back to do some bits twice - I'll play it by ear and steer round puddles and slurry

Comment

Working...
                                X