No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get out this weekend, Strava quiet in the group?

I went to the gym to throw some iron about, and did mothers day outing today, yesterday was just snow /slush frozen solid of death trap meme so didn't bother. I'm going to call it a recovery weekend Always good to have a week off now and again (i'm kidding myself) LOL

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Originally posted by Aaron
    I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• No riding for me either, daughters 3rd birthday party Saturday then mothers day today....

I'd hoped to sneak an hour this evening but then I accidentally opened this can of stella

@cruciate. I think the marin is a reasonable enough bike but you don't see many reviews. For that money the Boardman pro fs looks awesome, also check out the cannondale trigger at Paul's cycles and the kona process deals at wiggle

If you're a short dude this is an amazing deal:http://www.wiggle.co.uk/kona-process...7c5360616792uk
      Last edited by jointhedotz; 06-03-16, 20:15.
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Yeah i'd want some solid reviews be it 500 or 1500!

" but then I accidentally opened this can of stella" get a ride in on the stella LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
          Yeah i'd want some solid reviews be it 500 or 1500!

" but then I accidentally opened this can of stella" get a ride in on the stella LOL
          The moments passed lol

Re the Boardman pro.....1500 with pikes.....spec is awesome and bike well reviewed, it's a no brainer imo
          http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...&storeId=10001

I keep looking at the team version, on c2w I wouldn't even notice the payments lol
          Last edited by jointhedotz; 06-03-16, 20:23.

Comment

• link no work?

Comment

link no work?
              Odd, both work for me on phone

Comment

• Hmmmmmm its trying to load mobile site on CHrome but nothing, not a great site halfords

Comment

Anyone get out this weekend, Strava quiet in the group?

I went to the gym to throw some iron about, and did mothers day outing today, yesterday was just snow /slush frozen solid of death trap meme so didn't bother. I'm going to call it a recovery weekend Always good to have a week off now and again (i'm kidding myself) LOL

GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                  I was out yesterday with the family then back to sisters for some pizza, drink and saturday evening TV so no time to get out.
                  Today I woke up with a aching back so no morning ride then there was some footy on the BBC with my team playing, so I sat and watched that before a friend came over and stayed for dinner.
                  "They're gonna find out
                  I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                  But they're gonna find out
                  And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Ah, I took the link on my mobile, maybe remove the m. If it has it?

Promo vid for the beast has been released
                    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...92751771008916

Comment

• I know, I know, I have to get over it, but I can't take boardman bikes seriously.
                      I lost respect for Chris Boardman when he said cyclists shouldn't wear helmets and he doesn't allow his daughter to wear one. And I always think of Halfords bikes as being high street over priced and under specced rubbish.
                      I'm not a fan of top tube mounted rear suss and I've no idea why, as the marin system looks plain ugly too.
                      It's the dropper post that has me. I really want one. The Marin and another (giant stance 0 - sadly not available in the UK, only the stance 2 is over here) both manage to squeeze good components and dropper posts onto sub 2k bikes.
                      And I wouldn't feel like everyone I ride past is whispering "he shops at halfrauds"

Side note, how do you raise and lower a dropper post?
                      I'm guessing the same way as that other biking essential I can't live without - remote lockout front suss.
                      (clue - it rhymes with candlejars )
                      Last edited by cruciate; 06-03-16, 22:51.
                      Originally posted by coiler
                      the trails is where life flows best
                      Originally posted by coiler
                      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                        I know, I know, I have to get over it, but I can't take boardman bikes seriously.
                        I lost respect for Chris Boardman when he said cyclists shouldn't wear helmets and he doesn't allow his daughter to wear one. And I always think of Halfords bikes as being high street over priced and under specced rubbish.
                        I'm not a fan of top tube mounted rear suss and I've no idea why, as the marin system looks plain ugly too.
                        It's the dropper post that has me. I really want one. The Marin and another (giant stance 0 - sadly not available in the UK, only the stance 2 is over here) both manage to squeeze good components and dropper posts onto sub 2k bikes.
                        And I wouldn't feel like everyone I ride past is whispering "he shops at halfrauds"

Side note, how do you raise and lower a dropper post?
                        I'm guessing the same way as that other biking essential I can't live without - remote lockout front suss.
                        (clue - it rhymes with candlejars )

You can add dropper posts to any bike so wouldn't let that have too much influence

But yeah I detest halfords as a bike shop, trying to find the right hanger was a painful experience with them, for one of their own models, along with the name they carry for themselves

Comment

• What you need is one of these bargains,

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s18...EM-27-5-2-2015

I'm not keen on low mounted shocks, they attract too much trail spam, but you did say not on the top tube LOL

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s18...nsor-Comp-2016

Now the show stopper, WITH A DROPPER, get your card out, SHES A WHOPPER!

FUUUUUU PHOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s18...LL-3-27-5-2015

Comment

• JUST LOOK AT IT. LOOK

3K bike for 1500

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cannondale-Jekyll-3-Mountain-Bike-2016-Full-Suspension-MTB_83132.htm?sku=273479&utm_source=Google&utm_med ium=AdwordsProductAds&utm_campaign=Adwords&gclid=C OTczYKUrcsCFRDhGwodXCsPBw#

Comment

• image: http://stwww.bikemag.com/wp-content/...JekyllDyad.jpg

The Fox-built DYAD shock enables you to run the bike in 6.3-inch “Flow” mode and 3.7-inch “Elevate” mode with the flick of a switch. While the DYAD is an intimidating-looking shock, it’s proven reliable in its four years of production–not something we would have necessarily predicted when we first heard that the Jekyll would sport a pull-shock. Cannondale did their homework with this piece of technology.

Read more at http://www.bikemag.com/gear/preview-...TYJjqlXseZD.99

Comment

• PHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

image: http://stwww.bikemag.com/wp-content/...ekyllPivot.jpg
                                One of the things that you truly notice with the Jekyll is that there’s damn little flex in the chassis. The 15-millimeter thru-axle pivots go a long ways towards weeding out wiggly behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X