• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol she will indeed

Nice early start this morning - just stopped for mid ride refresh

flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Being nosey....hamsterley is about 1 hr from your in-laws, 2.5 hours from where you are (but you could grab Coiler on the way lol)

Guisborough forest and the n.York moors have plenty if decent riding though so I'd recommend always bringing your bike oop north

This morning's ride for me canned domestic 'duties'
      Originally posted by {SAS}TB
      Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Wow early doors SAS, the temps supposed to get all scorchio around late morning so heading out then. Dat peanut power

JTD you need to tell the missus you've arranged it and meeting someone there, domestic duties will have to wait tell her, just stick some domestos down the porcelain and drive off down the road tyres screeching.
        Originally posted by Aaron
        I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Might try and sneak out later lol. I've had a wander with the hounds though:

That should do for now

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
            This is especially for JTD, Durianrider yeah he loves trolling,(hence his half goatie/haircut at the mo) but his gearing advice is to the point, watch from 1:30 going up Kensington Road, steep as you'll come across and he's flying up it easy, Whats he got?

Only a 40T, and a 22T up front

(NSFW swearing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hHJl8uvMcc

He's planning on "everesting" Kensington Rd, which basically is a 8848 meters of elevation, doesn't sound so bad until you convert to feet and its 29,000 feet!

I fancy trying it one day

http://www.everesting.cc/the-rules/
            Finally remembered to watch this. Has the guy got half of his face shaved?

Interesting mashup of stuff on that bike, i can't even imagine how easy it would be to spin 40-22 lol

Might refit my 22t for dirty finger shifting though lol
            Last edited by jointhedotz; 28-02-16, 09:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
              Finally remembered to watch this. Has the guy got half of his face shaved?

Interesting mashup of stuff on that bike, i can't even imagine how easy it would be to spin 40-22 lol

Might refit my 22t for dirty finger shifting though lol

Yeah 1:38 on that video is comedy, all about that just gliding up those hills, high cadence, low carb burn, fresh legs, doing it eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy

I'd definitely go double up front, esp for those hammy climbs, builds up a great type of muscle fibre when you get used to spinning, cyclists don't want the heavy slow twitch muscles. Either that or a 40t, but i'm guessing you still have a double up front in spares box?

I've got a front mech if you need one (depending on your seattube measurement)

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                Being nosey....hamsterley is about 1 hr from your in-laws, 2.5 hours from where you are (but you could grab Coiler on the way lol)

Guisborough forest and the n.York moors have plenty if decent riding though so I'd recommend always bringing your bike oop north

This morning's ride for me canned domestic 'duties'
                Im working on it

Yeah, thinking of bringing the bike next time - They a'int far from Guisborough ( I was born there !) and right (literally) on the edge of the NY Moors

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                Wow early doors SAS, the temps supposed to get all scorchio around late morning so heading out then. Dat peanut power

JTD you need to tell the missus you've arranged it and meeting someone there, domestic duties will have to wait tell her, just stick some domestos down the porcelain and drive off down the road tyres screeching.
                Yep, was aiming to be out for 6.30 but youngest woke up and had to feed / water her and the cat so departed just after 7.00 - was still a bit chilly, bit no-one to be seen for the first hour - absolute bliss

Also im now back and the Mrs and kids aint even dressed to time to go for a family outing in a bit - win win !
                Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                Might try and sneak out later lol. I've had a wander with the hounds though:

That should do for now
                Some awesome looking biking vista there mate

So this morning - cold, but crisp and relatively dry as well as being light at 6.30 - BONUS !

Did the usual route but added a bit more climb (then back down and back onto normal route so vertical gain only) and tried the farmers field last section as it was so dry - more about that in a bit ..

Seeing gains in the climbs, so well happy

Morning vista

Blurry snack time

Who knew cows like peanut butter ?

So relatively dry and clean run until I hot the farmers field - OM-Quagmire ! Wheel spin city - had to push as i was just sitting like a spinning class in the middle of a muddy slurry pit

Dirty wife up against the freezer ()

And, almost forgot, purchased Velo viewer last last and added a chrome extension so can jump straight from Strava webby :

Third coffee incoming then a shower

Enjoy anyone else whos out / out later

Comment

• OMFG WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH just on the floor one second let me get back up

Comment

• Cracking ride and lovely skies! I'd add that farmers field to the ban list until April at least

Kommed the wife warmer again?! lovely

Also climbing PRs = pure fitness gainzz

Comment

• Love these swanky 3D elevation maps.
                      Remind me of linky please? I remember it used strava data.

Talking of which, I had both Garmin Edge 810 and Garmin vivoactive running yesterday (which I normally do) and this results in duplicated data.
                      However, they had TOTALLY different elevations.
                      One said something in the late 300's of feet. The other was in the early 200's. (Both had identical horizontal distance)
                      GPS is clearly not good at reliable elevation change. Which I guess makes sense when you think of how GPS works. Elevation must be harder to calculate.

And yes, the bluetooth speaker was out, and it was enjoyable
                      Originally posted by coiler
                      the trails is where life flows best
                      Originally posted by coiler
                      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                        Love these swanky 3D elevation maps.
                        Remind me of linky please? I remember it used strava data.

Talking of which, I had both Garmin Edge 810 and Garmin vivoactive running yesterday (which I normally do) and this results in duplicated data.
                        However, they had TOTALLY different elevations.
                        One said something in the late 300's of feet. The other was in the early 200's. (Both had identical horizontal distance)
                        GPS is clearly not good at reliable elevation change. Which I guess makes sense when you think of how GPS works. Elevation must be harder to calculate.

And yes, the bluetooth speaker was out, and it was enjoyable
                        maps are from http://veloviewer.com/

Comment

• created a segment lol

https://www.strava.com/segments/11467962

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                            OMFG WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH just on the floor one second let me get back up
                            He he I even contemplated washing her !

But didn't

Originally posted by coiler View Post
                            Cracking ride and lovely skies! I'd add that farmers field to the ban list until April at least

Kommed the wife warmer again?! lovely

Also climbing PRs = pure fitness gainzz
                            Yep KOM again and can definitely feel the climbs getting easier - nowhere near the elevation you do but it's enough, for now

Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
                            Ha ha loving it

Really liking Velo Viewer too, the 25 data entries trial is just enough to get you hooked, but for 10 a year it's hardly an issue

Comment

• With statue leg this morning not sure how i just did that, and got golds! wheres the nearest chippy????!

Comment

• Very nice mate, were the emergency services there to give you a lift home ?

Comment

Working...
                                X