No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not read an MBUK magazine in many years.
    "They're gonna find out
    I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
    But they're gonna find out
    And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• Used to love MBUK back in my teens (Which was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away)
      Does Mint Sauce still grace the pages?
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Originally posted by coiler
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Looks like Wiggle may be looking to buy Chain Reaction !
        flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Interesting if it means lower prices, however it could be quite a monopoly that let's them push prices up too...
          Originally posted by jointhedotz
          I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• I'd rather they didn't, gaps in CRCs range and stock is filled by Wiggle and vice versa, them joining will push them more CRC or Wiggle. Keep them apart I say. They both do well as standalones.

Like AMD and INTEL joining! DO NOT WANT.
            Like WATCHDOGS WITH SNOW.

DO

NOT

WANT.
            Originally posted by Aaron
            I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
              Used to love MBUK back in my teens (Which was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away)
              Does Mint Sauce still grace the pages?
              He does

The older stuff is better though

http://www.thisiswhy.ip3.co.uk/thisiswhy/index.html
              Originally posted by {SAS}TB
              Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• I'd rather see them stay separate and keep some competition rather than Wiggle start to monopolise the market

That said, the flip side is more free Haribo, so .................

Comment

• Weekend forcast and today/tomorrow, dry dry dry, but cold, and possibly snow. As long as the ice stays away TAKE MY MONEY.

Comment

• Nipped into Evans today whilst I was out for a couple of things for my bike which hasn't gone well. Firstly I got some new brake pads but turns out I put the right ones back on the shelf and bought the wrong ones which I only noticed once I got home, DOH!.

I also picked up new pedals and decided to fit them once home but ther bloody old ones aren't wanting to come off. I have the right size spanner but no matter what I do they don't seem to want to budge at all.

"They're gonna find out

Comment

• Just to be captain obvious, you know pedals are reverse thread yeah?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                        Just to be captain obvious, you know pedals are reverse thread yeah?

Just to make sure I was right I checked online and saw left pedal spindle is reverse threaded (clockwise to remove) and right is normal (Anti clockwise to remove)

It could just be that they've not been removed in years so are a bit stiff due to that and I may not be giving them enough force to start coming off.
                        "They're gonna find out

Comment

• Have you tried some rear entry action with an allen key and some lube ?

EDIT : p.s. nice new pedals
                          Last edited by {SAS}TB; 11-02-16, 18:19.

Comment

• Yeah if pedals have been in a long time it can be a nightmare to get them out, if in doubt take it to a bike shop, I've seen (and received) some rather unpleasant knuckle skinnings and worse from over tight pedals

Comment

• I add some leverage by putting a pipe over the end of wrench, and i've even gave it a light tap with hammer to get it going in the past. Nowadays put looooooooooooads of grease on so they come off easy.

Comment

• Copper grease mine as the reverse thread means they shouldn't come loose once set

Comment

Working...
                                X