X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
    TTIUWP! lol

(oh, and get well soon )
    Won't post pics in chat in case people are easily put off, so warning following link is a slightly mauled finger http://imgur.com/a/lVCDb
    Originally posted by jointhedotz
    I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
      Phoned up nhs 111 because I'm not registered with a gp (fail) and now sat in a&e because the guy on the phone said I should get it looked at

So here we go 3 hours for a cut lol

If ever there was an argument to drop the front mech How did it happen, on cleaning? They may put a plaster stitch thing on if its deep enough.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
        If ever there was an argument to drop the front mech How did it happen, on cleaning? They may put a plaster stitch thing on if its deep enough.
        LOL yeah best case for 1x yet tbh, yeah i was lubing chain spinning cranks backwards at the base because I'm dumb and was looking at chain when all of a sudden everything stopped, looked at cranks and finger is sat in chairing under mech, arghrgrhrh lots of blood

Comment

Won't post pics in chat in case people are easily put off, so warning following link is a slightly mauled finger http://imgur.com/a/lVCDb
          Ouch...
          Originally posted by {SAS}TB
          Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Originally posted by jointhedotz View Post
            I've bought my years pass for parking at Hamsterley, obviously not intending for it to be the only place I ride but @40 for a year or 4 per visit I reckon it's a worthwhile investment. It's a good place to go when the natural trails are soggy (which lets be honest, is usually). I have to say, I think it's improving my riding anyway, good for fitness (dem climbs!!1!) and some decent skill tests. Early start avoids the rat race too

On to the upgrades.....

The 1x10 upgrade.....tbh this one I could take or leave, the extra gear helped on the climbs though although shifting doesn't appear much better than my antique XT mech.

The forks.....ooof....still need to spend some time riding these to get them set up right, felt alien at first......150mm on a hardtail gives some serious geo changes, took a while to get used to it. The big difference though is having more steerer available which has allowed me to get the bars a little higher (bar drop was ridiculous before). Bike feels better, more purposeful, and far more comfortable. Maxle is nice too, far easier than qr imo although i can't honestly say I noticed and extra stiffness, too busy feeling the PLUSH of the coils.

So strava....lots of PR's yesterday when I swear I was riding worse than last time. A lot are probably due to having a better idea where we were going tbh. Just felt I had to confess that
            Parking pass sounds good, it's good to get a regular stomping ground and learn it like back of your hand, money well spent. Can put some epic loops together that way.

Having to ride somewhere which makes you climb is also epic for fitness, makes the flat trails seems like a walk in the park once you adapt to climbing, for me its also opened up loads of new trail networks I simply couldn't get to before.

1x10 - Did you not notice the quietness of clutch mech on bumpy descents?

Maxles my favourite thing in the world, QRs had the tendancy to never line the rotors up to the exact spot as before and i'd get rub from brakes, maxle locks it in the exact spot as last time and proper lovely bit of engineering.

I reckon you've made some fitness gainz hence all the PRs
            Originally posted by Aaron
            I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Yeah that's why i love maxxle, no faff lining up rotor

Good to hear JTD, i can't help but notice a lack of pics though

Also I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on those saint pedals, what do you make of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post

1x10 - Did you not notice the quietness of clutch mech on bumpy descents?

Maxles my favourite thing in the world, QRs had the tendancy to never line the rotors up to the exact spot as before and i'd get rub from brakes, maxle locks it in the exact spot as last time and proper lovely bit of engineering.

I reckon you've made some fitness gainz hence all the PRs
                tbh I didn't really notice chainslap before, tight chain, med cage mech, and inner tube around stays put paid to that lol

As for maxle, 1000 times yes, awesome simple tech, love it! lol

Not convinced on fitness tbh, only riding once a fortnight at the minute but as the weather improves this should be ramping up to include evening rides. The PR's were a fluke lol

Comment

Yeah that's why i love maxxle, no faff lining up rotor

Good to hear JTD, i can't help but notice a lack of pics though

Also I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on those saint pedals, what do you make of them?
                  I keep meaning to take pics but then forget, too busy riding lol. They'd have been the same as the last ride there lol

I love the saint pedals, nice flat wide platform, good grip. Just make sure you remove the spacers from the pins before fitting to bike. Would recommend them highly

Comment

• Cool well I don't have to spend out getting the motorbike fixed I'll probably grab some

Comment

Bit of super glue and you would be fine pal

Comment

• Clean bill of health too lol

Comment

• Well, today's new bike purchase....

http://www.bikesdirect365.com/produc...l#.VriimPkS-Uk

Comment

• Kids bikes below 16" are the devil

Comment

• yup, that's why I didn't totally cheap out, was also looking at Dawes, Ridgeback etc but this seemed decent enough. Alu frame and rims, decent brakes, free dolly...............lol

Comment

• Tbh most of them are virtually identical, it's the licences for the characters that makes some more expensive than others, that one looks ok as far as they go though lol

Put your old toras on there and some Deore cranks, she'll be good to go

Comment

Working...
                                X