• Show
Clear All

• Looking good

and delivery of the day

flickr | Pootling Pics | Instagram

Comment

• Where did you get the link TB?
      Ribble seems the best to me.

Also are Wippermann chains worth the extra? Looking at a spare chain so I can have one on the bike and another cleaned and lubed ready to rotate them around a bit.
      Currently weighing up the KMC's (and buying a seperate wippermann link) with the wippermann chains, working on the principle that the wippermann will come with the link already.
      The wippermann still works out more expensive.
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Originally posted by coiler
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Yeah, Ribble (just over 8 with postage) - iirc wiggle were slightly cheaper but out of stock for a few weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by {SAS}TB View Post
          Looking good

and delivery of the day

That is possibly the best MTB purchase you have ever made

PROTIP when you fit make sure its frowning, if its smiling it skips on the 11T rear cog
          Originally posted by Aaron
          I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
            Where did you get the link TB?
            Ribble seems the best to me.

Also are Wippermann chains worth the extra? Looking at a spare chain so I can have one on the bike and another cleaned and lubed ready to rotate them around a bit.
            Currently weighing up the KMC's (and buying a seperate wippermann link) with the wippermann chains, working on the principle that the wippermann will come with the link already.
            The wippermann still works out more expensive.

I've had wippermans for 7+ years, loved them, never broke one, best link in the industry, never rust, last an age............. until I went 10 speed, and their top end 35 chain was noisy as hell, this sent me chain hunting. Sram and Shimano were all prone to snapping and came with a rubbish link, KMC stood out as the bang for buck choice, with a better link than SRAM/shimano (Still needs tool though).

So KMC chain, with Wipperman link, #AMBER NECTAR. x10-93 i think i plumped for.

Comment

• Good to hear, I have a KMC X10 soon to be with Wipperman link !

Comment

• I cheaped out and went with a 15 XT chain and Clarks connector, I'm sure they'll be fine but I haven't fitted them yet

Fitted Saint shifter, SLX Cassette and rear mech last night though so tonight will be a quick fit chain and tune gears whist consuming some Kracken rum

May convert front tyre to tubeless on saturday before Hamsterley on sunday, may not though. I'm not trusting the rear tubeless setup....
                Originally posted by {SAS}TB
                Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

• Im hoping to clean my chain, fit rear Enduro Guard, fit chainstay protector and wipperman link at some point later today or tomorrow

And, just ordered 12 eBay Chinese special MF cloths for under 3 delivered - Christ knows what they will be like, but its 3 .............

Comment

• Fettle-icious!

Just had a good hour or so in the garage fettling

Whipped the chain off (used the new chain removal tool)

Looks like there is a "quick release" already fitted, but I couldn't shift it!

Dropped in a white spirit bath

Had a cursory brush of these teeth things the chain came off

Fitted read EuroGuard

Double protection

Quick wipe of the frame

Chain stay protector fitted

Decided to whack a few tie wraps on as well anyway

Chain has already turned the spirit black

Chain defo looking cleaner already though !

Comment

• I have to admit I enjoy fettling nearly as much as riding

Some quality fettling right there SAS, mastercraftsman standard when you only clean the bike part where the fettling is occurring too! A++++++++++

Comment

• Yep, I also enjoy a good fettle by myself in the garage

Given the bike will, undoubtedly, be filthy again over the weekend I didn't see the point in wasting time, effort and potential damage to the bike by going overboard with the cleaning where not critically necessary

Comment

• Right 7 seconds on which has the better footage, when set to 1080 and full screen? Advise me,...

One is the youtube recommended settings as per the book, the other is the none youtube recommended as a WMV file, upscaled to 1152.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugZMeH5qDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY6ey439CVE

Comment

• 41 miles this week with no elevation gain at all LOL
                            Originally posted by jointhedotz
                            I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Originally posted by coiler View Post
                              Right 7 seconds on which has the better footage, when set to 1080 and full screen? Advise me,...

One is the youtube recommended settings as per the book, the other is the none youtube recommended as a WMV file, upscaled to 1152.
                              I think the first / top one edges it

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                              41 miles this week with no elevation gain at all LOL
                              Still 41 miles though mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                                41 miles this week with no elevation gain at all LOL
                                lovvvvvvvvvvvvvely thats the none youtube approved WMV, doesnt seem to have all the blurriness the other video has, LOD is a lot sharper, high res texture pack

Comment

Working...
                                X