No announcement yet.

The MTB THREAD .....*Spring has Sprung, dust production March*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just upgraded my rotors and pads yesterday the semi metallic pads were nasty so got some nice hard wearing sintered pads and upgraded my rotors to 203 wavy rotor with black middle and a 180mm wavey rotor with black middle on the back, Really nice looking but got to bed in the brakes again now
    My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• dan PICS

nice whip dark
      Originally posted by Aaron
      I want those sweet cherries

Comment

• The mountain bike thread...

Front one back looks the same
        My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• look at all those quality heat dissipation holes

Comment

• The mountain bike thread...

Originally posted by coiler View Post
            look at all those quality heat dissipation holes
            Yeah I had those rotors on my micro they are really good quality only about 18 each too

Comment

• Originally posted by darklighthim View Post
              Finally got round to getting a semi-decent pic of my bike before i headed out on it yesterday.
              Holy moly thats what you call a stem nice bike though mate
              Originally posted by jointhedotz
              I admit it, it's so damn good! following Alan on the downs, just getting a feel

Comment

• Just installed the new deore rotors. Bigger front rotor looks meaner and overall nicer looking rotors, one thing I hadn't thought of/noticed was how much bigger the braking surface is. Look at the 2nd photo and the pad contact is the perfect size and on the HS1s about a third of the pad wasnt even touching the main rotor, so 30% more pad contact and bigger front rotor = WIN (sorry for dark pics, took a while to get the front one set up perfectly)

Comment

• very blinging! looks like its slackened the head angle too, so better for descending!

Comment

• I'm really happy with them, its nice to have the rotors made for the pads that are on there. Yeah the new forks are 100mm and the old crappy ones where 80mm, really sorted the geo out just a new bike now I'm loving it

Comment

• Holy moly, just tested out the cree light. Amazing. Quite literally better than my motorbike's headlight

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                        Holy moly, just tested out the cree light. Amazing. Quite literally better than my motorbike's headlight
                        LOL!

on full power its ridiculous

Comment

• Yeah I couldn't believe how wide the beam was! Hopefully the rear light I've ordered will show up tomorrow and then I shall be going out for a night ride

Comment

• I ride it on low beam, for bridleway, canal, road to trail etc, then when any descents come up whack on the full sun LOL

Comment

• Yep sounds like a plan, my rear light did arrive. Had to put it on the seat stay because 34.9 seatposts must not exist in china

Comment

• Just wanted to know what other people's opinions are on the bike market as it is going, mainly relating to the rise of 650b/29 ers.

To quantify this, I'm not saying either are bad (I've actually not had the chance to ride either unfortunately) just that its sad to see virtually all big companies leaving 26 behind, or confining it to the low end which is just as bad. The main thing I'm trying to say is that a lot of bikes seem to be getting replaced at the same price point with a 29 version where generally there seems to be lower end forks, heavier wheels, the same brakes, lower end gears and an overall heavier bike, for the same price.

It seems almost like 29ers are a fad that the big brands are trying to cash in on by selling under specced bikes for the same money as the ones they are replacing, I mean I know 29ers are faster and smoother etc but at the end of the day how much more enjoyable can it be when to have the big wheels you've got a rubbish fork etc?

Im talking about the 500-1000 sort of area here, obviously when money is no object you have an amazing bike not matter the wheel size

Comment

Working...
                                X