Post reports - how they are dealt with announcement discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
    That's the other thing that happens when a post is reported, every mod gets an email. Threads are not reported, posts are, and none of the posts in this thread have been reported
    Challenge accepted !!
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

when you report a thread your name automatically gets added to the Zaim Excel List
      Sorry, but patience has never been our strongest virtue.
      i5 2500k
      | H80 | Gigabyte UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaw 2x (4gb) | 1tb WD HHD | 1tb Samsung f3 | 2tb Seagate Green (Game Drive) | 256 M4 SSD | Sapphire 6950 | Fracture R3 Black

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjacat View Post
        when you report a thread your name automatically gets added to the Zaim Excel List
        what's that mean then? does simon come knocking on our door?

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

Originally posted by k3vst3r View Post
          what's that mean then? does simon come knocking on our door?
          no we send josh round in a mankini
          i5 2500k
          | H80 | Gigabyte UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaw 2x (4gb) | 1tb WD HHD | 1tb Samsung f3 | 2tb Seagate Green (Game Drive) | 256 M4 SSD | Sapphire 6950 | Fracture R3 Black

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjacat View Post
            no we send josh round in a mankini
            Scary thought that, doubt anyone will report any posts now....truly horrific

4770k @ 4.6, XSPC Raystorm, Avexir 4x4GB 2400MHz, ASUS Z87 Maximus Hero VI, Tri-fire 290x/290x/290 Reference EK 290X CSQ Full Nickel Blocks, Alphacool 240 ST-30, Alphacool 360 ST-30, Asus Xonar, Alphacool D5, Corsair AX 1200i, Carbide 540

Comment

also part of the customer service too
              i5 2500k

Comment

I got rep for reporting someone once so I must be the best reporterer.
                Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H
                Lenovo Yoga 11S - Intel i3 3229Y - 128GB SSD - Intel HD4000 - 11.6" IPS Screen

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
                  Hmm, I'm not entirely certain that this should happen.
                  My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Snakedoc View Post
                    We should not be rewarded for pointing the mods to a rule violation in a post they may not have seen?
                    Last edited by Avro; 20-09-12, 16:30. Reason: Stupid iPad auto correct
                    Intel i5 3570k - ASRock Z77E-ITX - Corsair H100i - Exceleram 8GB 1600MHz - 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD - Samsung 840EVO 1TB SSD - Asus 960 Strix - Silverstone 500W SFX-L - NCASE M1 - Dell U2414H

Comment

Well, it's probably best not to as it "could" encourage a lot of pointless post reports in order to curry favor.
                      My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Avro View Post
                        Originally posted by Snakedoc View Post
                        Just to be clear here, it was positive rep for reporting a competitor link that was reported quickly even though Avro also responded in the thread with answers to the queries.

There should not be a correlation between post reports and negative rep - unless you've really managed to upset a mod with constant reporting of threads with "why hasn't something been done yet" as the reason.

The rep & thanks systems for me, mean nothing at all anyway. I know how good I am, and how modest I can be

DT.
                        Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                        Forum Guidelines here

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                          The rep & thanks systems for me, mean nothing at all anyway. I know how good I am, and how modest I can be
                          And we all know you can fix your thanks and rep level

Comment

Being boringly serious for a second, I am actually surprised this thread has had to be written.

I'm trying to read between the lines and what I am seeing is 2 things:
                            People are reporting posts for someone having a different opinion to themselves.
                            People are complaining that they haven't had a response.

I've reported 3 posts in my time here. One I don't even remember it was that long ago, and the other two were in the same day, because someone kept reposting something that had offended someone.
                            In both instances I reported the post and GOT ON WITH MY LIFE.
                            Its the Mods job to look at reported posts and decide what action to take, not ours.

If you don't mind, I will get on with enjoying the banter.
                            Originally posted by coiler
                            the trails is where life flows best
                            Originally posted by coiler
                            Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

i am confused by this trolling thing i thought it was something you did under a bridge :-)
                              My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

What cruciate said. All of it.
                                Incoming: Ryzen 5 1600:: GA-AB350-Gaming 3:: <some other stuff>
                                Outgoing: BLACK 'n' BLUE: X3360:: P5Q-E::4GB Ballistix::2x6850::Zalman GS1000 Plus case

Comment

Working...
                                X