Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post reports - how they are dealt with announcement discussion thread

Originally posted by DoubleTop
    The mods team would like to remind all members of the forum that reporting a post results in a discussion in the mods room and will not always result in action being taken on your report. What members report is specific to your opinion of behaviour, what mods and admins deal with is posts or threads that are clear rule breakers. But, this is not done and will never be done with a iron fist or lvl99 banhammer.

In some instances a mod may feel the need to take action first, then discuss, others result in discussion first with careful monitoring of user responses. Each case is different and there are instances of course where staff, mods and admins have different opinions of the action required.

This announcement has been coming for a while, we have had a number of reported posts in the last month that have required no action, they do not cross the line of what is acceptable on the forums. There are many cases of reports that use the term "trolling". As administrator of a number of forums, I personally feel that although there are a number of users who would love to have that "tag", we don't actually have any trolls on the forums, they have been banned or "educated". We have a lot of people who will constantly attempt to express the same opinion in a number of different ways, this is not trolling, this is attempting to get a point across. The same way as you would in a RL conversation, you can attempt many different ways to say the same thing, in RL life, you walk away with "well you can think that". On forums, the perceived winner of that type of discussion always seems to be the person with the last post, the last word. Sometimes, just let the thread die

Some of the mods most amusing threads are thanks to your reports, this isn't a request to stop reporting posts, this is a statement that a reported post will not always result in an action, and likewise some threads that are not reported have action taken. This is a busy forum, we are not going to write to you to tell you what was discussed from a post report, I'm sorry but that is how it is.

DT.
    If you have any comments or would like to discuss this announcement, this is the thread for it

DT.
    Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
    Forum Guidelines here

Keep up the good work mods+admins(-coiler, he does no work, -nickCPC, he wants no praise).
    Last edited by Clockwise; 20-09-12, 10:20. Reason: makes nickCPC happy

Comment

Breaking News @ 11: "Entitled" people on the internet!

Comment

I don't think I've ever reported anything. Well that I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by JustJoe View Post
          I don't think I've ever reported anything. Well that I can remember.
          Me neither, in fact I've only just realised how I do it :S
          The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

It's probably also worth pointing out we are open to constructive criticism too, this isn't an announcement trying to hunt for praise (though that's equally welcome! ) - DT has outlined why we do what we do, and explained why it's unfortunately not possible for us to reply to each post reporter, both due to time constraints and because sometimes it's best that things are doing quietly
            Gaming :: Intel Core i7 5820K, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5, Gigabyte GTX1070, 16GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4, Corsair H100, BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2, Dell U2410, Fractal Arc Midi R2, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, WD Red 4TB, Creative SoundBlaster Z, Logitech X-230, Seasonic X-650, G900, G510s, 10 Pro x64
            Work :: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 16GB RAM, Samsung 850 Pro 128GB, Crucial MX100 256GB, AMD FirePro M6100, 17" 1920x1080, 10 Pro x64

Comment

I report posts if I think someone is being offensive......apart from Simonwhatevertherestwas ....think I reported him for being a Troll lol.....
              posted by scrivz69
              I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
              i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Most of the mod work is transparent - the only time we really intervene publically is when something gets out of hand and a gentle reminder needs to be issued or there is an issue that requires discussion in the mods room and action to be taken/announced.
                Last edited by BigIan88; 20-09-12, 10:30. Reason: corrected spelling
                i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

In all honesty I don't think I have reported anyone. Generally this board is the best run on the internet where you hardly even notice the Mods, I guess that means something is going right.

Something must have taken place to warrant this announcement.
                  Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

Originally posted by NickCPC View Post
                    It's probably also worth pointing out we are open to constructive criticism too, this isn't an announcement trying to hunt for praise (though that's equally welcome! ) - DT has outlined why we do what we do, and explained why it's unfortunately not possible for us to reply to each post reporter, both due to time constraints and because sometimes it's best that things are doing quietly
                    Constructive criticism eh?

Someone needs to Moderate Coiler, his posts are crazy.
                    Your rights Read them and learn them.

Originally posted by cold fusion
                    That, or the government would just give the vote to people who don't deserve it like criminals, under 18s and women, just to try and encourage more people to vote for them.

Comment

Ive just reported this thread.

GIVE PEAS A CHANCE

Comment

Originally posted by Murf View Post
                        Someone needs to Moderate Coiler, his posts are crazy.
                        There was only one person I knew that could do that, and his name was Murf...

MURF FOR MOD 2012
                        The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

Originally posted by BUDFORCE View Post
                          Ive just reported this thread.

That's the other thing that happens when a post is reported, every mod gets an email. Threads are not reported, posts are, and none of the posts in this thread have been reported
                          Please see thread, here for how post reports are dealt with.
                          Forum Guidelines here

Comment

He didn't say who he reported the thread to!
                            Corsair 600T | Asus Sabertooth Z77 ATX | Intel i5-3570k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Vengeance LP Black 16GB | EVGA GTX670 2GB | Mushkin Chronos 240GB

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTop View Post
                              That's the other thing that happens when a post is reported, every mod gets an email. Threads are not reported, posts are, and none of the posts in this thread have been reported
                              Hey DT why isn't your name orange anymore?

Made you look.
                              Last edited by Clockwise; 20-09-12, 14:21.

Comment

Working...
                              X