Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help removing a virus!!!

dfg.exe to be exact.

MSSE removes it then asks to restart. After restart it comes back.

It claims to be a "data recovery" thing. It isnt, MSSE says its a Trojan.

How do i get rid?

Its my Dad's PC and my sister has been on it and royally ****ed it up.

Oh and its only on one user account. Which is strange. Il try deleting the account.

Thanks

Core i7 4790K | ASUS Z97-AR | Ballistix Sport 16GB | Patriot Blast 120GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | Silverstone TJ07

Try Ccleaner, Mbam and Superantispyware. Then delete all restore points and reboot.
    My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

What snake said
      malwarebytes is where I'd start
      --
      Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

HouseCall - Free Online Virus and Spyware Scan

Clicky ^^^
        Last edited by Bammy; 4 years ago at around teatime.

Comment

Deleted the user account.

Just ran CCleaner,

Running Malwarebytes now.

Then il run superantispyware

Thanks alot guys!

Core i7 4790K | ASUS Z97-AR | Ballistix Sport 16GB | Patriot Blast 120GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | Silverstone TJ07

Comment

As snake said, don't forget to delete the restore points, viruses hide there sometimes.
            --
            Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

Malwarebytes!

Comment

Ye ive just deleted the restore points.

EDIT: Malwarebytes has just found something 10 minutes in!

Thanks

Comment

When MBAM scan completes (It can take a couple of hours) make sure when removing infections, that all items are selected. MBAM tends not to select tracking cookies and such so right click on a infection and click "Select all".
                  My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Haha!

The one result with Malwarebytes was RemoveWAT!

All clean otherwise. Which is good i suppose...

Comment

Oh dear, I hope your Windows is genuine.

Comment

I would format the Drive...

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyovyick View Post
                          Haha!

The one result with Malwarebytes was RemoveWAT!

All clean otherwise. Which is good i suppose...
                          Naughty, naughty!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

normally i would just use Spybot , but most antiviruses cant check you RESTORE folder so first thing i do is make sure system restore is disabled or any viruses you get rid of can be reinstalled (i think)

Comment

I think its more that it appears the user is potentially stealing the software and using a pirated/non registered version.

Not a good idea to post that you have that file on your computer. And definitely not on the forum of a Microsoft Partner who may be obliged to report the IP to MS. But it is a great way of ringing the forum alarm bells and making sure you're watched very closely!

Originally posted by coiler
                              Stomach was rumbling like a fatman landing on Sanctuary

Comment

Working...
                              X