Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post

As for the blighty ASB. Get it mate, you'll definitely not be disappointed.
    +1 very good stuff

Another great one is cliniques post shave soother. But at about 14 it's not cheap.
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Just tried one of the Gilette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) blades. My face now feels softer than the thighs of Susan Coffey, I am impressed. Joker's parcel of joy will be arriving to him soon, hopefully he enjoys them as much as I did
      Last edited by WR1989UK; 19-07-12, 09:39.
      The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
        +1 very good stuff

Another great one is cliniques post shave soother. But at about 14 it's not cheap.
        I forgot to add, you can ask Martin (Prof Blighty) to add pretty much any fragrance you want to the ASB and he'll do it. Just fire him a little PM on TSR and give him your order details and he'll sort you out. I've often been tempted by the Leather, Sandalwood, Coconut/Vanilla, etc.

I've heard good things about that Clinique gear too Cruciate, must keep an eye out for it.
        Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
          OMG. Think I have found my new fav .... Very easy lather very smooth not too thick and leaves a smooth layer as you shave like a pre oiled cream and the Jagger just glides ...and the smell.... Well let's just say the wife loves it!!..

Just goes to show how different people are lol
          Well, Just had a shave with the minty Arko.
          I maintain its smell is very subtle. Not very minty at all.
          But on your face!!! Its like a cooling breeze, tingly and lovely. And the slickness factor is a full 10/10.
          I've had a fantastic shave.
          Prefer the smell of the proraso, but I think the shaving is better with this.
          Thanks for the link!!!!
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• I hate you all.

I've just clicked buy on some of the Arko Extra Sensitive stuff, cos I'm a sensitive guy.

Just what I needed, more shaving gear!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
              I hate you all.

I've just clicked buy on some of the Arko Extra Sensitive stuff, cos I'm a sensitive guy.

Just what I needed, more shaving gear!
              you keep telling all the girls that!

Anyways, I think I might buy some of that when I next get paid (my current money for shaving is reserved for a futur)

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
              i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
              Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Naphta View Post
                you keep telling all the girls that!

Anyways, I think I might buy some of that when I next get paid (my current money for shaving is reserved for a futur)
                I see what you did there.

Comment

• 2nd shave with the futur on 2 seemed a load better, still struggled to get under my nose but got most of it with the "bend your nose" technique tainted posted earlier.

One thing I noticed is that you have to make sure the blade is in the middle, with the movable part there is a little bit of play form side to side, it seemed that one side of mine must have been shaving at about 4 & the other about 2.

Some time in the future (aha) I think I might cnc my own razor......probably end up like all my other projects.
                  Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeP View Post
                    2nd shave with the futur on 2 seemed a load better, still struggled to get under my nose but got most of it with the "bend your nose" technique tainted posted earlier.

One thing I noticed is that you have to make sure the blade is in the middle, with the movable part there is a little bit of play form side to side, it seemed that one side of mine must have been shaving at about 4 & the other about 2.

Some time in the future (aha) I think I might cnc my own razor......probably end up like all my other projects.
                    Just had a quick flick through one of GeoFatBoy's videos there and spotted him talking about the Futur and how to shave under the nose area with it, etc. Skip to about 5:45 and he starts talking about it around that time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThH3EWRHUZI

Comment

• Look what I found

Last edited by Naphta; 21-07-12, 17:16.

Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• Where did you find them?? They looks a nice thing to own

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                          Where did you find them?? They looks a nice thing to own
                          In a drawer somewhere, they have boxes too. Sharp as hell, bit scary to be honest!

Comment

• A great think to own, wouldn't be putting any of them near my face though lol.

3rd shave with the futur finished, best shave I have ever had & it was only set on 1.5. 3 pass shave with my TOOBS shaving shop cream finished with the bbr post shave balm, I really can believe how close this shave is & I even managed to get almost everything for under my nose too!

Found 2 barber shops quite nearby that offer the open razor shaving experience. I rather fancy going there & having a look, mainly out f curiosity but they also sell loads of shaving equipment so I'd get a look at & a smell of things before buying.....kinky eh.
                            Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• In a Jagermeister induced fit of excitement I have half given in and ordered...

An Alum Block and Arko Cool Menthol Cream. I'm going to try these with a standard modern day razor first. Badger brushes I fear will just be itchy?

Not sure how long the Arko will last, 100g seems a bit small?.. we'll see. Baby steps and all that

This is going to become obsessive, like PC case fans, I just know it!
                              Last edited by MagicEvie; 22-07-12, 00:33.
                              New! ASUS P8Z-68 V-Pro, i5-2500k, Mushkin 120gb SSD, Samsung 1tb HDD, GTX 460 1gb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (4x4), Asus Xonar DG, Corsair H50, Win 7 Home 64.

Ladies! If a man says he'll fix something - he will. He doesn't need reminding about it every six months, OK?

Comment

• Originally posted by MagicEvie View Post
                                In a Jagermeister induced fit of excitement I have half given in and ordered...

An Alum Block and Arko Cool Menthol Cream. I'm going to try these with a standard modern day razor first. Badger brushes I fear will just be itchy?

Not sure how long the Arko will last, 100g seems a bit small?.. we'll see. Baby steps and all that

This is going to become obsessive, like PC case fans, I just know it!
                                Providing everything goes through with my futur, you can have my EJ DE86 for 10 with some blades + P&P

Comment

Working...
                                X