Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
    Just tried the shavette for a bit of craic. Hmmm a definite no thanks from me. I definitely think I could easily slice a nice chunk of my face off with that badboy. I ended finishing the shave with a Feather in my Progress and it came up trumps. I tried the Proraso Red for this shave and have to say it lathered amazingly well. One down side with the red Proraso is the smell. I just cannot get on with it at all. To me it smells like a damp mop that's been sitting out for a few days mixed with a hint of warm vomit. Just not for me at all.
    Haha oh well some of us like damp mops....
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• I found this whilst on my travels through youtube earlier on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PnTPIKd3g

The "How it's made" fans might find it interesting
      The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• just a glimmer of hope there rider all new firefly on sunday,then i noticed the date

interesting stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
          Just tried the shavette for a bit of craic. Hmmm a definite no thanks from me. I definitely think I could easily slice a nice chunk of my face off with that badboy. I ended finishing the shave with a Feather in my Progress and it came up trumps. I tried the Proraso Red for this shave and have to say it lathered amazingly well. One down side with the red Proraso is the smell. I just cannot get on with it at all. To me it smells like a damp mop that's been sitting out for a few days mixed with a hint of warm vomit. Just not for me at all.
          Thats a shame right there

I wanted some of this because I like sandlewood, and I rate proraso highly.
          I don't rate vomity mop head though.

Wish I knew somewhere that sold this stuff so I could go and sniff before pulling the trigger.
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
            I found this whilst on my travels through youtube earlier on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PnTPIKd3g

The "How it's made" fans might find it interesting
            3300 hours shaving...pah....done way more lol...
            posted by scrivz69
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• "Each blade lasts on average 6 shaves"

Pfffff.
              Where's the fun in that??
              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                Thats a shame right there

I wanted some of this because I like sandlewood, and I rate proraso highly.
                I don't rate vomity mop head though.

Wish I knew somewhere that sold this stuff so I could go and sniff before pulling the trigger.
                Send me your address and I'll send it to you. It's definitely not getting another whirl on my Corsair, that's for sure!
                Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Just ordered some of this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARKO-Shaving.../dp/B000VB4A6S
                  Last edited by joker3327; 15-07-12, 16:05.
                  posted by scrivz69

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                    If it's anything like the stick, you'll be very happy with the results. Let us know how you get on with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                      Yeah, thanks alot Joker. Pointing that out has made me click the buy it now button. And I already have about 10 shaving creams. I didn't need another one, damn you......

Originally posted by Tainted View Post
                      Send me your address and I'll send it to you. It's definitely not getting another whirl on my Corsair, that's for sure!
                      Thanks Tainted! Rep'd

I'll pm my address later
                      (If the Arko mint is good, I'll pop some in the post back to you)

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                        Yeah, thanks alot Joker. Pointing that out has made me click the buy it now button. And I already have about 10 shaving creams. I didn't need another one,
                        oh come on....that's what mates are for lol....
                        posted by scrivz69

Comment

• When I was in tesco's I noticed they do Palmolive shave sticks. Really nice smell and rich lather, and the best part? They only cost 50p each!
                          Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
                          Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
                            When I was in tesco's I noticed they do Palmolive shave sticks. Really nice smell and rich lather, and the best part? They only cost 50p each!
                            Yup, Palmolive is excellent value for money. Great lather for very little money.

I'm thinking of putting together a little pack with a DE Razor, some blades, some soap/cream and perhaps a little brush to give people the opportunity to try DE shaving if they still haven't decided on whether to take the plunge. It's just a thought at the minute but how many people who be interested?

Comment

• Some good weishi/Japanese de razors around for very little money... Ideal for some one to try with...then fork out if they enjoy it...

Example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-VTG-DESI...item19d2930093

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DOUBLE...item2a1fa51cdc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Double...ht_6745wt_1237
                              Last edited by joker3327; 15-07-12, 22:01.
                              posted by scrivz69

Comment

• I could do the same.
                                Razor, soap, blades. No problem. Brush? You may have to provide this. I'm in love with all my brushes!

Comment

Working...
                                X