Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK quick request..... anyone have any of these that they could send me a tester before I fork out for some

Also called Gillette 7.o clock black
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
      Nice pressie

Rider, the Merkur futur. Why does it give a better shave?
      Right. Here goes. This is really personal and everyone is different. Remember I got both my and Tainted's razors 2nd hand, and BeePs is 2nd hand too. All because the original owners didn't like them.
      I found that sharper blades were far more comfortable than blades other people found comfortable. The feather for example some people just felt raw after. I never did, I thought they were ace!
      Personnas on the other hand I felt were awful, but others find them good.

I quickly realised that my EJ needed an aggressive blade to feel comfortable. A mild or medium just didn't work.

So I started thinking I need something aggressive to get through my beard comfortably. Hence the futur, it's more aggressive than the EJ, so I can get the same great shave from a more forgiving blade.

That's what I mean when I say better, close and comfortable.
      Of course I got that with the EJ, but needed a feather and it was too blunt for a second shave.

Every face is different. It's about finding the combo that works for you.
      Sensitive skin might need a gentle razor and gentle blades. Tough old leathery skin like mine prefers an aggressive razor.
      Thanks for the review mate, I'll bare that in consideration. I'll see how I get on with the EJ and will try a few more blades before I think about getting a Merkur, but with you and Tainted really enjoying the shave with one I'm so tempted to try it myself lol.

Added after 2 minutes:

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
      OK quick request..... anyone have any of these that they could send me a tester before I fork out for some

Be careful searching for those blades on Amazon, I just did it and the first result was a ummmmm rubber item that women enjoy (I'm at work which isn't helpful either)

Cheapest I've seen so far:

http://www.shaving-shack.com/10-gill...or-blades.html

If you buy 100 of them I'll gladly buy half of them from you and pay for you to send them to me as well
      Last edited by WR1989UK; 13-07-12, 08:58.
      The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• 4th shave completed and im definatly getting better, hardly any burny face of fire with the alum block and a shave so close on my neck i woudln't have thought it possible.

got my brothers birthday coming up, as rider has given me the idea i might grab him a starter set for it

thoroughly satisfyed. 4 shaves with the derby going to try a green astra now and see the difference

Oh the badger brush that i linked a few days ago is actually really good now it has worn in a little, its very soft and pretty good for a face lather in my humble opinion

Comment

• I put in an ASTRA green last night, best shave I have had so far so I have convinced the mrs to buy 100 of them lol.

I still like the Supermax Super Platinums but the 1st shave is a bit rough, strangely they get better after that.

Glad it's going well zeameth, I bet you will love the astras.
          Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post

Added after 2 minutes:

Be careful searching for those blades on Amazon, I just did it and the first result was a ummmmm rubber item that women enjoy (I'm at work which isn't helpful either)

Cheapest I've seen so far:

http://www.shaving-shack.com/10-gill...or-blades.html

If you buy 100 of them I'll gladly buy half of them from you and pay for you to send them to me as well
            haha the link goes to the yellows.... and what happens if you buy 100 and dont like them lol...
            posted by scrivz69
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
              haha the link goes to the yellows.... and what happens if you buy 100 and dont like them lol...
              Oh dear, I need to wake up. Sorry for the crap link mate. Based on the reviews I've read, people still prefer the feathers though.

If I buy 100 and don't like them, it's only cost me a tenner and I have 99 razor blades left over to share amongst my D/E friends
              Last edited by WR1989UK; 13-07-12, 10:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                Oh dear, I need to wake up. Sorry for the crap link mate. Based on the reviews I've read, people still prefer the feathers though.

If I buy 100 and don't like them, it's only cost me a tenner and I have 99 razor blades left over to share amongst my D/E friends

Youre an Accountant...arent you supposed to be sensible with your money?
                posted by scrivz69

Comment

most of the accounts i know are careful with others money and crazy with there own. would love to see a stat on motorbike ownership among accounts

Comment

When it comes to beer, cigarettes, personal stuff and friends I can never refrain from wasting my cash, but everything else in the world I'm tighter than a duck's bottom lol

Comment

• Had a few beers the other night... Started hovering around Ebay looking at shaving stuff, as you do. Ended up clicking buy on a friggin shavette that I know I'm not going to use after the first time. Damnit all to hell. I blame Rider.

Added after 2 minutes:

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                      OK quick request..... anyone have any of these that they could send me a tester before I fork out for some

I haven't tried the blacks as yet but wouldn't mind some. I have a few of the Yellow's that Cruciate sent me if you'd like me to send you some of those?

I've also got 90 Derby's (give or take) and a few other various kinds if anyone fancies some?
                      Last edited by Tainted; 13-07-12, 13:44.
                      Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Yeah the Blacks seem to get good reports and are on Par with the Feathers.... so just contemplating bulk lol....

Oh and the Proraso Red arrived yesterday lathers very easily and smells divine lol....
                        posted by scrivz69

Comment

Yeah the Blacks seem to get good reports and are on Par with the Feathers.... so just contemplating bulk lol....

Oh and the Proraso Red arrived yesterday lathers very easily and smells divine lol....
                          My Proraso only showed up today, along with a 6870

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow to see what all the fuss is about. Glad to hear you're getting along well with it!
                          Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
                            My Proraso only showed up today, along with a 6870

I'll give it a whirl tomorrow to see what all the fuss is about. Glad to hear you're getting along well with it!
                            Yeah my soap of choice is the Proraso green ..leaves a nice tingle after a good shave.... but the red is totally different... got home at 4 and it was waiting for me ...so thought why not 10 mins later lol all lathered up... leave a nice clean smell no tingle but noticeably cool ...can see me using both alternately... the 6870 is that a New AMD Razor lol...
                            posted by scrivz69

Comment

• Remember folks, if you buy at the shaving shack --- and its free delivery on blades BTW --- and spend over 10, you get to choose a free gift. One of which is 10 Feathers. Which would normally cost about 3.50.

WIN!!!

Oh and for those Gillette blacks - Connaught Shaving have them, and Connaught are really good.
                              http://connaughtshaving.com/gil7spr.html
                              Last edited by cruciate; 13-07-12, 14:52.
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              the trails is where life flows best
                              Originally posted by coiler
                              Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                                Remember folks, if you buy at the shaving shack --- and its free delivery on blades BTW --- and spend over 10, you get to choose a free gift. One of which is 10 Feathers. Which would normally cost about 3.50.

WIN!!!

Oh and for those Gillette blacks - Connaught Shaving have them, and Connaught are really good.
                                http://connaughtshaving.com/gil7spr.html

Good find ..used to use them for blades all the time but..

"Due to recent postage increases we no longer offer free UK shipping on blade only orders."

which is a shame as they used to be great always just that bit cheaper than everywhere else....
                                posted by scrivz69

Comment

Working...
                                X