Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
    Just ordered the Proraso red. Should be here next week sometime. I'll update on how it comes across next week.
    Where did you find this T ? only place I can see is the US of A (via the bay)
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
      Where did you find this T ? only place I can see is the US of A (via the bay)
      On the bay of E. Maguires Barbershop to be specific. I've bought quite a bit from them and never been let down once.

I'm hoping it arrives today/tomorrow so I can see how it comes across. Sandalwood and Shea Butter sounds like a great combo.
      Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

On the bay of E. Maguires Barbershop to be specific. I've bought quite a bit from them and never been let down once.

I'm hoping it arrives today/tomorrow so I can see how it comes across. Sandalwood and Shea Butter sounds like a great combo.
        Linky linky?
        The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

Agreed was just having a read about that and decided I WANT TO TRY but can I heck as like find any in the UK..but...thanks to Maguires Barbershop

Thank you for your payment
          eBay Buyer Protection eBay Buyer Protection Shop with confidence. Learn more

Tainted .. You can be my wingman any time............

Should be here Wednesday
          posted by scrivz69
          I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
          i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
            Linky linky?
            http://www.maguiresbarbershop.co.uk/ - front page. But it soons links to their ebay store - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MAGUIRES-Barbershop

FWIW I love Maguires. Jonathon is the main man I believe, and I emailed him before buying a boar brush. He advised me on allsorts and even sent out some samples of Proraso's "sul filo del rasoio", but everything is in italian so I've no idea what it is!!!
            I wanted to try the red proraso, but it was only available in biggish containers. The green has a small tub available and its lovely
            Originally posted by coiler
            the trails is where life flows best
            Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Still no answer from the bloke on TSR about the futur.

The question is, Futur or Progress?
              Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeP View Post
                Still no answer from the bloke on TSR about the futur.

Do you like the feel of your Merkur?
                The futur is heavy and big!
                The progress is far more similar to your current razor.

The person to ask would be Tainted as he has a futur and a progress.
                Over to you Tainted............
                (potato)
                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• second shave completed

much better lather and much better results neck looks pretty good this time around and my face is impossibly soft

still nicking myself on the edge of my chin. cant stop stroking my face

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                    Do you like the feel of your Merkur?
                    The futur is heavy and big!
                    The progress is far more similar to your current razor.

The person to ask would be Tainted as he has a futur and a progress.
                    Over to you Tainted............
                    (potato)

Originally posted by BeeP View Post
                    Still no answer from the bloke on TSR about the futur.

I've only had the Futur now for a while, but I love it. Sure it can seem a bit bulky here and there. It can also be tricky in the more hard-to-reach areas (under nose/chin/etc). The weight, the styling, the overall feel of the razor is just top-notch. About as close to perfect as I've seen in any razor.

The Progress, for me, is probably the best razor I've used performance-wise. I have yet to have a poor shave with it. The styling is ok but not great as that beige knob at the bottom just takes the whole look of the razor. The weight is very good and the handle is excellent for gripping when wet, the Futur does get a little slippery when used with soapy fingers. The Progress's head is excellent around the harder to reach areas as it's fairly precise and easy to control whereas the Futur can be a little difficult to manoeuvre. I'm still learning with the Futur so I'm pretty sure it'll come with time.

Aesthetically the Futur wins every time. Performance definitely goes to the Progress though, although I'm still getting used to the Futur.

Originally posted by zeameth View Post
                    second shave completed

much better lather and much better results neck looks pretty good this time around and my face is impossibly soft

still nicking myself on the edge of my chin. cant stop stroking my face
                    Good to hear mate.

Have you tried a little baby oil or pre-shave oil at all? That may give you a little more glide around your chin/neck area, etc. It might make your shave a little smoother and take the edge of things until you get more familiar with your DE and the different contours of your gob.

Comment

• ive had an idea

theres a chap that turns up at an arts and craft market in cambridge that makes funky metalwork figures of out scrap. Im going to ask if he will make me a razer and brush stand in a similar fashion

his stuff is here http://www.roans-art.com/index.php?cat_id=6 what do you guys think?
                      Last edited by zeameth; 10-07-12, 09:55.

Comment

• I normally wet shave once a week now and use a beard trimmer for the rest to keep it in trim.

I still use my age old Gillette that has 2 blades! Does the job fine.

Comment

• Hah, yeah the old Sensor, i keep one in my hair clippers kit, must have had it 6 years now lmao.
                          Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

• Originally posted by zeameth View Post
                            ive had an idea

theres a chap that turns up at an arts and craft market in cambridge that makes funky metalwork figures of out scrap. Im going to ask if he will make me a razer and brush stand in a similar fashion

his stuff is here http://www.roans-art.com/index.php?cat_id=6 what do you guys think?
                            That would be brilliant, Z.

Would be interesting to see how it turns out. Keep us posted!

Comment

• Well it turns out the Erasmic doesn't lather up at all well for me.

However I'm finding Arko's fantastic!!! As well as lathering up quickly and easily, it also smells good, creates a really good cushion for the blade and to top it all off leaves the face with a slightly numb feeling which is very soothing if the shave was rougher than usual.
                              Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
                              Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Shame
                                I was looking forward to the post saying you hated the Arko and were donating all 12 to cruciate!

Comment

Working...
                                X