Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just had the worst shave in a while.

I was rushing a bit so that may have had a lot to do with it.

I was using a new supermax super stainless blade and arko soap and managed to get a lovely cut in the centre(separating bit) of my nose, which made my eyes water whenever I went near it with a styptic pencil.

I carried on but got a load of weepers and so stopped after the second pass.

I'm fairly sure that it was just the combination of a new blade, rushing, cooler water than usual (someone had used up most of the hot) and the thin lather I got from the arko.

I think next time I just need to slow down and make sure everything's perfect..... and NOT rush!
    Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
    Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Looking at getting a shaving bowl, what shall I get?

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
      i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
      Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Naphta View Post
        Looking at getting a shaving bowl, what shall I get?
        A cappuccino mug or a small breakfast bowl. Don't spend 50 on a tiny chrome one unless you can afford to throw money away.
        Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
        Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
          A cappuccino mug or a small breakfast bowl. Don't spend 50 on a tiny chrome one unless you can afford to throw money away.
          Just been using a saucer at the moment, could do with the extra depth though. I think there may be a small bowl sitting around somewhere. I'll try it I think.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
          i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
          Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• Boots do one for about 3....
            Originally posted by coiler
            the trails is where life flows best
            Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naphta View Post
              Looking at getting a shaving bowl, what shall I get?
              I'm going to get this once some money enters my bank account

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Executive-Sh...1739849&sr=8-3

For anyone going to the unofficial meet in September, bring your razor and gear. Myself and a bit-techer are bringing ours to compare notes lol
              The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                I'm going to get this once some money enters my bank account

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Executive-Sh...1739849&sr=8-3

For anyone going to the unofficial meet in September, bring your razor and gear. Myself and a bit-techer are bringing ours to compare notes lol
                You do realise how small that bowl is right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
                  You do realise how small that bowl is right?
                  It's not bad. I've got this stand and bowl and I'm using it fine. A little bigger might be nice but it does the job
                  It's certainly bigger than the bowls for hard soap pucks
                  Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeP View Post
                    I assumed he meant mixing in a bowl rather than a bowel

I've used Bluebeards a fair bit & find it incredibly easy to lather, make sure you give it enough water would be all I could say.

It is a bit of a learning curve but it looks like you got off to a very good start, trust us it will only get better each time. Derby blades are an ok start, the astras are way better though.

I was almost on the buy button today but the shaving shack are all out of futur razors, I have 3 quid in points & 10% off there too
                    One for sale on the shaving room forums:
                    http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/foru...6415#pid196415

Comment

• Any time I'm bowl-lathering, I use a little plain white porcelain bowl I picked up from Sainsburys for 2. Nothing fancy but does the job. However, I prefer to face-lather as it seems to work better for me. I wouldn't go splashing silly amounts on a bowl as the cheaper options will easily do just as good a job as the more expensive ones. Some of the hand-made scuttle-types are quite nice, but again they can be pricey too.
                      Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
                        Any time I'm bowl-lathering, I use a little plain white porcelain bowl I picked up from Sainsburys for 2. Nothing fancy but does the job. However, I prefer to face-lather as it seems to work better for me. I wouldn't go splashing silly amounts on a bowl as the cheaper options will easily do just as good a job as the more expensive ones. Some of the hand-made scuttle-types are quite nice, but again they can be pricey too.
                        I always go for lather in a bowl then on the face, was never a fan of mixing straight on the face. As for a bowl I just got one of these cheap from wilkinsons, I find the sides on it are just right as they stop the lather overflowing but don't get in the way of your hand while mixing.

Comment

• I got a bowl from the pound shop, it cost.....a pound.

might look into that razor on tsr, I was just reading it & came on here to see if there was anything new in the aria shaving world.
                          Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• Just shaved with my futur - I was overwhelmed at the start, felt it was better for a single or double pass than the EJ, but just irritated on the third.
                            But today I just got the closest, smoothest shave yet. My face feels amazing.

It takes a while to get to grips with the Futur, but boy am I happy I did!

Comment

• bleh, you pro's and your fangled Futurs', im only just getting to grips with my EJ and now you go and make me want to spend more money !
                              Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

• Originally posted by zaz View Post
                                bleh, you pro's and your fangled Futurs', im only just getting to grips with my EJ and now you go and make me want to spend more money !
                                Remember we said this type of shaving saves you money?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

Working...
                                X