Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i can get 3 shaves out of the astra platinums before i change.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• I'm going with 2 then change.

It allows me to use a routine.
      New blade in, shave and rinse.
      2nd shave, remove blade and clean razor.

Basically if there's no blade in I have to fit one (obviously) and if there is a blade in I have to chuck it afterwards.
      Originally posted by coiler
      the trails is where life flows best
      Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• I get 4-5 shaves from one supermax blade, after the first shave when the roughness wears off the blade is superb.
        Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• I will keep that in mind as i have had my first shave with the supermax a couple of days ago. I will try the same side for my next go and see what its like
          Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

• Razer, Brush, blades have all arrived but no cream yet if it doesnt come tomorrow will have to brave the weather and get a substitute!

and derby blades from lorum have arrive, massive thanks so generous!

Comment

• Originally posted by zeameth View Post
              Razer, Brush, blades have all arrived but no cream yet if it doesnt come tomorrow will have to brave the weather and get a substitute!

and derby blades from lorum have arrive, massive thanks so generous!
              No problem mate, glad I could help.

I ordered what I thought was an arko stick off amazon as I'm going camping for a week in the not too distant future (if summer turns up.)
              Turns out I ordered a pack of 12. Looks like I'm set for life XD
              Was only 14 inc delivery too!
              Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
              Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• had a shave with a feather blade, best ones yet i reckon, really really close shave.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
                  No problem mate, glad I could help.

I ordered what I thought was an arko stick off amazon as I'm going camping for a week in the not too distant future (if summer turns up.)
                  Turns out I ordered a pack of 12. Looks like I'm set for life XD
                  Was only 14 inc delivery too!
                  Arko = Best bang for your buck shaving stick/cream/soap in my humble opinion. Arko x 12 is

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• 12 Arko's!!!

That's Arkotastic.
                    I thought about getting 12 and offering up some for sale.
                    Trust me when I say you learn to love the smell. When things perform as well as Arko it can smell like dog poo and I'll still use it.

Disclaimer: Arko does not smell of dog poo. It's a lemony smell like Cif bathroom cleaner.
                    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• can you buy it in any retail stores or online only?

Comment

• http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/m...-with-bowl.php

want!

anyone found one cheaper, needs to hol the bowl/brush/razaaaaa

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/e...ering-bowl.php

I have this one. Does the job nicely for half the monies.
                          Same site too. And I have a 10% off discount code somewhere too. I'll look for it for you

Comment

• cheers, anyone tried mitchells wool fat soap?

is pretty pretty highly rated on a lot of shaving sites.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                              cheers, anyone tried mitchells wool fat soap?

is pretty pretty highly rated on a lot of shaving sites.
                              Not tried it but it definitely gets great reviews as you say. I've heard it can be a pain to get a decent lather but once you get it right, it's a great lather. I'm just about to buy some of the new red Proraso stuff which is getting equally good reviews. Proraso and Sandalwood can never be a bad thing.

I promised Cruciate I'd write up a little review of the Futur he so kindly sent my way, so here goes...

The razor itself is a thing of beauty. The chroming is excellent and ticks all my "shiny thing" boxes. Trying to work out how to get the blade in took me to Google as I'm used to unscrewing several pieces to release the razor head or open the razor doors. In this case, you change the blade by simply holding one side of the head and clipping the other end off with your thumb which removes the blade holder from the razor handle. Reversing the process lets you add the blade and remount the head onto the razor handle, then you're good to go!

The blade I choose was one of the Gillette Yellow's that Cruciate kindly sent along with the razor. I set the razor to 1.5 - as it's an adjustable razor and got to work with some Bluebeard's Cream and my Bluebeard's Corsair Super Badger Brush after having a nice hot shower. The first thing I noticed was - as Cruciate had pointed out - the sound. Wow! You can literally hear this thing slice through your whiskers. It's like someone attached a little speaker to the razor handle and turned it up to Skrillex setting! My first pass went with the grain from top to bottom. The razor handle took some getting used to as it's quite a bit chunkier and heavier than my previous razors. This razor needs absolutely zero pressure as I was about to learn. My first pass taught me to give this razor a little more respect and allow it to do the work as I nicked myself a couple of times underneath my nose, nothing major just a little stingy reminder that the Futur was doing the work and for me to pull back a little. The result was a great first pass that took about 90% of the growth with it. Second pass, I went against the grain just to take in the little bits around my chin and neckline that I didn't quite reach. Much easier this time round and I got most of the little patchy bits I wanted rid of with this pass. I decided that was enough for today and hit the little nicks with some Nix Styptic Pencil which made them disappear. I rinsed with cold water and patted dry with a soft towel. I then slapped on some Professor Blighty's ASB and let it do it's job of cooling/soothing where I'd just shaved and, as per usual, it did it's job tremendously.

Result: A great first shave with the beast that is the Futur. A definite learning experience but I'm extremely happy with the result and with the looks of this bad boy. What's not to love?

Cheers again Cruciate. I'm loving this little beast!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• sounds good.

i tried one of the gillette yellows you sent and it snagged on every hair on my face, so i switched to the feather and it was amazing.

I've ordered some Astra Platinum as i think they are just as good and i get 3 shaves out of them instead of 2 with most others, will see how long the feather lasts.

cheers for the blades though.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

Working...
                                X