Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm I am one handsome mo fo so don't fancy cutting my face up too much, it might upset the ladies. Will stick to the astras lol
    The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• I found the feathers actually lasted a reasonable time, I generally find I get 1 or 2 shaves out of a blade before my hair ruins it and it starts tugging, the last feather I tried was on its 4th shave before it started to go. Definitely recommend feathers if you want a really good shave but you do need to make sure you take your time as they aren't as forgiving as something like an astra. While we're on the topic of feathers does anyone know a good place to buy them? Been looking around (looking at getting 20-30) but loads of the shops add a load of delivery cost on top and I'm not really after anything but blades atm.

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
        Posted this am... Should get them tomorrow!
        Just got them this minute, thanks.

Should have some Derby's heading in your direction later this afternoon.
        Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
        Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Mokey, have you tried the bay of e ?
          Originally posted by coiler
          the trails is where life flows best
          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/...s-Razor-Blades

I bought some stuff from there a while ago, good to deal with & pretty sure postage is free too. Mind you after using some other blades I wonder if feathers are worth 35p each tbh.
            Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeP View Post
              http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/...s-Razor-Blades

I bought some stuff from there a while ago, good to deal with & pretty sure postage is free too. Mind you after using some other blades I wonder if feathers are worth 35p each tbh.
              I think there's a minimum order amount before you get free postage, besides that I think it's less than 3 per delivery

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
                Feathers are sharp. Really sharp. If you can nick yourself with an astra you can do real damage with a feather.
                The other point to note is they are sharp because the edge is thin. Which means they aren't resilient so they blunt quickly. You can feel a feather go blunt halfway through a shave.

For some they are great. Thick coarse stubble just loves a feather blade slicing through it. Bum fluff has a feather just removing the top layer of skin.

The feathers are expensive and far more likely to hurt. But in a DE you can't do much damage. So give em a go
                Got to say I love the feathers ... And as you say they are really only good for one pamper shave lol...
                posted by scrivz69
                I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                  Hmmm I am one handsome mo fo so don't fancy cutting my face up too much, it might upset the ladies. Will stick to the astras lol
                  I knew there would be repercussions for this post. Bastard mods have changed my avatar lol

Comment

• PMSl, Glad I'm an ugly mo fo then
                    Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeP View Post
                      PMSl, Glad I'm an ugly mo fo then
                      Lol if you knew me you'd know how sarcastic my post was. Apparently I'm a cross between Seth Rogan and a bull terrier eating a wasp!

Comment

Mokey, have you tried the bay of e ?
                        Had a look but they all seem to be from Thailand or sommat, probably not an issue but I never like ordering stuff overseas if I can help it.

Comment

• Mokey. Try the Shaving shack.

They do 30 for 10.19 with free delivery. You then get to choose a free gift, and that gift can be 10 feathers. So you'd get 40.
                          http://www.shaving-shack.com/10-feat...or-blades.html

Its a tad confusing cos it says free delivery over 40, but if you read the description it says free delivery on blades if you live in the UK.
                          the trails is where life flows best
                          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Mokey. Try the Shaving shack.

They do 30 for 10.19 with free delivery. You then get to choose a free gift, and that gift can be 10 feathers. So you'd get 40.
                            http://www.shaving-shack.com/10-feat...or-blades.html

Its a tad confusing cos it says free delivery over 40, but if you read the description it says free delivery on blades if you live in the UK.
                            Awesome, showing as out of stock on the 30s at the moment but will keep my eyes peeled and grab some of those when they are back in.

Comment

• probably going to burn through the blades I have now then buy a 100 pack of feathers, as for me they last ages and give the best shave.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                              i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                              Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• Im sticking to two shaves per blade now, one per edge then binning it, such is the low price in comparison to cartridge, loving it.
                                Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

Working...
                                X