Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeeP View Post
    I've given away some of my supermax super platinum blades already but I could spare another 1-2 packs if E.W. & L.I. want some? I really rate these blades, I get 4 shaves out of them very easily.
    Ooo, might have to take you up on that.
    Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
    Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Fire me a PM mate, I promise to get round to sending them......absolutely swamped just now.
      Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• Originally posted by zeameth View Post
        took the plunge!

ended up ordering:

Edwin Jagger DE89 razer
        Astra Blades
        Bluebeards shaving cream
        Progress Vulfix 660S Super Badger shaving brush, Black colour
        Alum Block

Already have post shave balm and lathering bowl. excited now
        Good choices there mate. Let me know how that brush turns out as it looks like a bargain.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Tempted to buy one of those brushes. Also would quite like a new razor, not sure if I can justify the cost though!

Also have some old straight razors sitting around somewhere, I wonder if I'll ever get brave enough to hone one and try it!

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
          i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
          Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
            You have a PM

I'll send you some Derby's in return if you want them.
            Posted this am... Should get them tomorrow!
            posted by scrivz69
            I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
              Good choices there mate. Let me know how that brush turns out as it looks like a bargain.

will do, delivery estimate says 9th to 12th never have i approached self harm with such excitement

Comment

• you wont look back mate, a much better way to shave than with a cartridge razor, makes it alot more enjoyable.

Give it at least a few weeks though if you dont start well, took me a few months to get it right.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Saved me typing that ^^
                  Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• I have some Astras if anybody would like to try them?
                    The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                      I have some Astras if anybody would like to try them?
                      Drove my uncles in the 90's, not for me.

Comment

• I cant decide if i like Astra's, Supermax' or Gillette 7 o'clocks best yet, i get a similar shave from them all if im careful. I did find the Supermax' were a little harsher, i didnt need 3 passes to get the same result but i did rip my face open a couple of times. All adds to the fun though
                        Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeP View Post
                          Drove my uncles in the 90's, not for me.
                          I like you, you're funny

Anyway, what are these feathers like and why are people so afraid of them>
                          The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                            I like you, you're funny

Anyway, what are these feathers like and why are people so afraid of them>

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                            i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                            Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• I quite like feathers. Nice hot water and a decent lather and they glide 7 O'Clocks are my favourite so far I think but it's hard to tell when you are getting better as you go

Comment

• Feathers are sharp. Really sharp. If you can nick yourself with an astra you can do real damage with a feather.
                                The other point to note is they are sharp because the edge is thin. Which means they aren't resilient so they blunt quickly. You can feel a feather go blunt halfway through a shave.

For some they are great. Thick coarse stubble just loves a feather blade slicing through it. Bum fluff has a feather just removing the top layer of skin.

The feathers are expensive and far more likely to hurt. But in a DE you can't do much damage. So give em a go
                                Originally posted by coiler
                                the trails is where life flows best
                                Originally posted by coiler
                                Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X