Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have too many to spare (only bought 50 of each and have given away 15 of each already) but both of you are welcome to a pack of Astras and a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock yellows (v similar to Astra)
    I'm not after anything in return, they'd be a gift.
    (but am I alone in thinking Derby blades are ok?)
    Originally posted by coiler
    the trails is where life flows best
    Originally posted by coiler
    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
      I don't have too many to spare (only bought 50 of each and have given away 15 of each already) but both of you are welcome to a pack of Astras and a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock yellows (v similar to Astra)
      I've got plenty of astras mate. I was just wanting rid of some derbys. They're OK, but I only get 2 shaves out of them max, wheras I can get 4-5 good shaves out of an astra.
      Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
      Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• im ordering my stuff tomorrow once i settle on it, im looking at the derby blades as a starting point as earlier in this thread they got decent reviews for being a good blade to work with while technique improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by zeameth View Post
          im ordering my stuff tomorrow once i settle on it, im looking at the derby blades as a starting point as earlier in this thread they got decent reviews for being a good blade to work with while technique improves.
          I recommend getting a sample pack instead. Several people here have found Derbys less than ideal.
          Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
          Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
            Lol. I'm in the same boat with 95.

Wouldn't mind astras either, or Supermax's.
            I could send a couple of packs of Supermax's your way matey
            posted by scrivz69
            I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
            i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by cruciate View Post
              I don't have too many to spare (only bought 50 of each and have given away 15 of each already) but both of you are welcome to a pack of Astras and a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock yellows (v similar to Astra)

Yeah i'll have some if thats okay? you want some derbys, literally have 100 i want gone, no charge.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• hunting around for badgers! er brushes and ive come across:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Progress-Vul...1352809&sr=1-2

seems suspiciously priced?

Comment

• Originally posted by zeameth View Post
                  hunting around for badgers! er brushes and ive come across:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Progress-Vul...1352809&sr=1-2

seems suspiciously priced?
                  Bargain for a well-branded Super Badger.
                  Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
                    I could send a couple of packs of Supermax's your way matey
                    You have a PM

I'll send you some Derby's in return if you want them.

Comment

• nooooo, why did i go on the big river??

spent 35 i probs didnt need to.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                        nooooo, why did i go on the big river??

spent 35 i probs didnt need to.
                        How are you finding the Vulfix? My Edwin Jagger can be a bit rough so I might be tempted by one.

Comment

• its alright for cheap tbh.

the only thing i skimped on and its alright.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
                            How are you finding the Vulfix? My Edwin Jagger can be a bit rough so I might be tempted by one.
                            I have the Edwin Jagger that comes in the traditional shaving kit, mine is mega soft. I soak mine while I'm in the shower or when I'm getting ready to shave, just stand it up in your shaving bowl with some hot/warm water for 5-10 mins before you shave, don't put the water too deep though just enough to cover maybe 2/3 of the bristles.

I was actually considering getting another brush because mine is so soft, then again it does lather incredibly quick & still covers well.

I'm going to wait for Christmas & then try a straight razor, probably one by dovo as they seem to get great reviews, then again I might just chicken out.

I've given away some of my supermax super platinum blades already but I could spare another 1-2 packs if E.W. & L.I. want some? I really rate these blades, I get 4 shaves out of them very easily.

Have a read of this Clicky
                            Last edited by BeeP; 04-07-12, 09:53.
                            Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• took the plunge!

ended up ordering:

Edwin Jagger DE89 razer
                              Astra Blades
                              Bluebeards shaving cream
                              Progress Vulfix 660S Super Badger shaving brush, Black colour
                              Alum Block

Already have post shave balm and lathering bowl. excited now
                              Last edited by zeameth; 04-07-12, 09:58.

Comment

• great kit mate, welcome to the club.
                                Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

Working...
                                X