Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
    Give it a few months guys and I might be tempted to try it. You all know me, I'll try anything once
    So many innuendos not enought time lol.

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. Ryzen 1700. 16GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB. Zotac GTX980ti Amp Omega Edition. Samsung 840 500 GB SSD. WD 1 TB Green. XFX 750w XTR Psu. Creative GIgaworks T20 series 2 speakers. Asus DX 7.1. Phanteks Enthoo ATX Glass case. iiyama G-master GE2788HS Monitor. Cyborg V7. TT Theron mouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by scrivz69 View Post
      So many innuendos not enought time lol.
      in your endo Scrivz, in your endo
      The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• Woke up this morning, no shaving rash and no spots. Happy days!
        The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• ive sent tainted a pm, assuming he find no issues ill be joining the club this week

Comment

• Just read the last 3-4 pages with a huge grin on my fizzog, after a pretty rough start to this thread when we were kind of battered a bit it seems that there are a good few of us on here now who have tried DE shaving & liked it, way more than have not liked it anyway (1-2 as I remember gave up)

Really jealous of that futur mate, I think it might be my next investment.....I'm becoming bored with the great shaves my HD34c gives me, I need more risk.

Excellent kit there wr1989, I did have a look at getting a shavette but in the end I decided to wait a bit & possibly go for a proper straight razor. try the Shavette out though & give us a wee review.
            Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• By shavette i asssume you mean a straight razor that takes split DE blades ? I'd likely go that route too, if only to avoid the faff of keeping a tidy blade sharp with various grades of leather and polishing compounds.
              Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

• WR, try a feather blade. ^^

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

• Originally posted by Naphta View Post
                  WR, try a feather blade. ^^
                  Don't do it. It's a trick to make you cut off your girly bits.

The feather is definitely not a blade for someone new to DE. You should get your technique worked out before you even think of touching a Feather, IMO.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Lol, they aren't that bad........the ear is getting better btw
                    Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• I have something to admit......

.....I am now an addict.

Every time I see some shaving cream/soap I think I might like, I buy it. I'm now seriously considering ordering an SR and I've got some Arkos on the way.

My little collection so far: (CLICKY)
                      DSC_0301.jpg

The unlabelled soap is Crabtree & Evelyn's Sandlewood.
                      Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
                      Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorem-Ipsum View Post
                        I have something to admit......

.....I am now an addict.

Every time I see some shaving cream/soap I think I might like, I buy it. I'm now seriously considering ordering an SR and I've got some Arkos on the way.

My little collection so far: (CLICKY)
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2973[/ATTACH]

The unlabelled soap is Crabtree & Evelyn's Sandlewood.
                        Some lovely kit there mate.

I've heard the shavette is actually much more likely to slice your ear off than a proper straight razor as the blades are just that sharp but with next to no safety bar to stop you slicing yourself to bits.
                        Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Hi. My names Cruciate. And I'm a shave-aholic
                          Originally posted by coiler
                          the trails is where life flows best
                          Originally posted by coiler
                          Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
                            Some lovely kit there mate.

I've heard the shavette is actually much more likely to slice your ear off than a proper straight razor as the blades are just that sharp but with next to no safety bar to stop you slicing yourself to bits.
                            Thanks. I think it'll come down to what I can afford. Being a student a good quality straight razor may be out of my price range.
                            Desktop: Intel i5-4690K | 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI | EVGA GTX 660 3GB | Windows 10
                            Server 0: Gen8 HP Microserver | Proxmox Hypervisor Server 1: Gen8 HP Microserver | FreeNAS

Comment

• If anyone has any of those Astra Platinum blades they want to trade for derbys then yes please.

Or if you want derbys i have 100 to get rid of.

Freedom isn't free"

Comment

• Originally posted by El Wayneo View Post
                                If anyone has any of those Astra Platinum blades they want to trade for derbys then yes please.

Or if you want derbys i have 100 to get rid of.
                                Lol. I'm in the same boat with 95.

Wouldn't mind astras either, or Supermax's in exchange for Derbys.
                                Last edited by Lorem-Ipsum; 03-07-12, 23:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X