Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Consensus for Blades points towards Astra Greens, Derbys, Feathers (for the adventurous ) and Gillette 7 oclocks the only one in the pack I linked you don't get is the feathers...but I can send you one to test...
    posted by scrivz69
    I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
    i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
      General Consensus for Blades points towards Astra Greens, Derbys, Feathers (for the adventurous ) and Gillette 7 oclocks the only one in the pack I linked you don't get is the feathers...but I can send you one to test...
      Cheers mate, I'll order the pack you recommended and if I'm not impressed with the blades can I give you a shout about the feathers?
      The banter bus has stopped rolling - 23/06/16

Comment

• think you nshould post before and after pictures with each blade rider, having been skewered by your bf3 knife so frequently would be good to see you do it to yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by zeameth View Post
          think you nshould post before and after pictures with each blade rider, having been skewered by your bf3 knife so frequently would be good to see you do it to yourself
          No chance, it would only make your girlfriend jealous

Comment

• Originally posted by msparsons View Post
            Anyone experienced asymmetrical blades? I have tried my super platinums twice now and each time they would only cut on one side! :s Unless the holes in them are a little loose and I put it in wonky, but not experienced it so far with any other blades...
            Most blades I use seem to have one better side, I put it down to a little wiggle room between the razor and blade.
            Asus P5Q-E /Q6600 @3.6ghz/Water Loop On CPU/MSI 5850 Twin FrozrII/60GB M4/2Tb Samsung/Raven RV02W-EW/8Gb RAM/1200w PSU/27" AOC Monitor

Comment

• I tried a Feather with my Merkur Progress last night set to 3 and wow, what a shave! 2 passes and clean as a babies backside. I think I could have even got away with a once-over if I was in a hurry. Very impressed with this Progress so far. Anyone else doing anything differently or getting better results?
              Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.

15 2500k | H60 Cooler | 8GB RAM | GTX 660 Direct CU II OC

Comment

• Popped into home bargains and they had RS daily scrub, double concentrate cream and a/s balm, all 1.29 each rather than the 2.99 the main stores sell it for, so bought a few of each as i get on well with the cream now i found the right mix with water.

Incidentally, is there a right or wrong way up to stick a new blade in or are they the same either way ? Only ask because i want t make sure im doing it all right
                Running the London Marathon 2014 for MS-UK, need to raise 2000, please support my bid by texting LZAZ76 plus ?amount? to 70070 ! ... Or via https://www.justgiving.com/luke-zasikowski

Comment

• Originally posted by zaz View Post
                  Popped into home bargains and they had RS daily scrub, double concentrate cream and a/s balm, all 1.29 each rather than the 2.99 the main stores sell it for, so bought a few of each as i get on well with the cream now i found the right mix with water.

Incidentally, is there a right or wrong way up to stick a new blade in or are they the same either way ? Only ask because i want t make sure im doing it all right
                  That RS stuff always gets decent reviews. Don't think I've heard of anyone who didn't enjoy using it. I must grab some next time i'm in HB.

As for the blade, there's no wrong way to put it in (oo er missus) as it's equally sharp both sides and they're designed to fit either way.

Comment

• BeeP, I've been away on holiday, but have arrived home to your envelope of blades.
                    Thanks very much
                    I'll let you know how I get on
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    the trails is where life flows best
                    Originally posted by coiler
                    Cruciate, when you need answers, proper answers, head for the tower on the hill, top O' the trail, clarity will be delivered.

Comment

• I shall be spending this week's beer money on the items in the OP. Thanks for posting it Tainted, very helpful and I can't wait to have my first shave with them

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                        I shall be spending this week's beer money on the items in the OP. Thanks for posting it Tainted, very helpful and I can't wait to have my first shave with them
                        Not a problem mate. I think you'll be very pleased with the results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tainted View Post
                          Not a problem mate. I think you'll be very pleased with the results.
                          Yeah, it's more for the girl I'm seeing really. She keeps moaning about thigh rash...

Comment

• Originally posted by WR1989UK View Post
                            Yeah, it's more for the girl I'm seeing really. She keeps moaning about thigh rash...
                            Just rub some Vaseline around your thighs mate. Her beard probably grows back quick so make sure you get plenty of blades.

I had a similar ex who had a hairy chest. In fact, she had so much it went all the way down to her testicles.

Comment

• Still not changed shavers from my Gillette fusion power thing but i will probably buy a kit/set within the next week or 2 as i have went unshaven (apart from under the neck) for a while so it should give me a good chance to try things out and whether it like it or not.

Any particular way i should go about using these or is it just a case of whatever suits me best?
                              "They're gonna find out
                              I don't know who they are or what they're gonna find out
                              But they're gonna find out
                              And it's gonna be over real quick"

Comment

• usually 3 runs.....

Soap up.

1. Follow the grain
                                soap
                                2. Nose to ear or ear to Nose
                                soap
                                3. Against the grain

But its what ever suits you and take it as something to enjoy and not rush...
                                posted by scrivz69
                                I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
                                i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Working...
                                X