Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any DE/SE/Straight Razor Shavers on Aria?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Sputnik blades and a tub of Proraso soap arrived on Saturday. I can spare a few packs if people want to sample them
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• Well time to bring this to the front page again..... I have just completed my 50th shave...........with the same blade !!!!!!!! and its as smooth as the proverbial......

a few months ago I decided to see how long a blade would last .... the marker was the first time I got a nick.........in went a brand new feather !!!... put a dab of nail varnish on the razor on edge A..... then had a shave normal 3 pass jobbie..... then rinsed the razor ... reapeated 5 times either side ...then took the blade out and wiped several times with an old piece of leather... rinse and repeat.... this evening was No 50 and was going to be the last one before removal and clean...still going strong..... on pass 2 = Across I felt a little tug on my neck and there it was a spot of red.......

Im sure if I cleaned it ...it would have done many more...but the benchmark had been reached lol..... so 50 shaves over 3 months 1 blade......
      Last edited by joker3327; 28-09-17, 20:53.
      posted by scrivz69
      I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
      i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

• I shave every 4 days (neck and head) and I use a new blade (Sputnik) each time or it snags, cuts or causes a rash. I've never thought about sharpening them tbh.
        i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

• I use a blade three times four max. I have thick hair And they blunt very quickly. And at a few pence a blade I just throw them. I use Wilkinson sword platinum blades they’re not the best but they’re ok. I used to use derby blades but they always felt rough after one shave
          My RIG: MSI GE62 2QD Apache I7 4720HQ, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SDD + 1TB HDD, GTX 960M 2GB, Windows 10, 15.6" IPS screen.

Comment

• Derby blades are middle of the road in terms of shave quality, they are "ok" but nothing more. If you'd like a few different DE blades to try, let me know and I can send you some in the post

Sputnik are my favorite by miles but I have a wide variety of other blades in search of one I liked.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigIan88 View Post
              I shave every 4 days (neck and head) and I use a new blade (Sputnik) each time or it snags, cuts or causes a rash. I've never thought about sharpening them tbh.
              I've been using Sputnik blades for a while. If I just shave face and/or neck then I get about half a dozen shaves out of them. If I shave my head (which I only do with a razor occasionally), I need a new blade every time.
              Why did the chicken cross the road?
              To get away from the Canadian poultry farmer with loose trousers.

Comment

Working...
              X