Pet Rats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That black one is gorgeous!

Me and my wife have kept them for six or maybe seven years now, absolutely love them and their personalities, most we have ever had was around 15 (due to having to split the cage up at the time and them getting more to go in each etc

We now keep 5 in a four tier mansion of a cage (I'll take some pics this weekend)

Only a shame they do not live longer, we have had a lot in that amount of time.
    For everything that could have been
    Well at least we took the ride
    There's no relief in bitterness
    May as well let it die

Comment

Originally posted by Absinthe View Post
      Your cat would not have them brownbread in minutes.
      Lesser spotted poodle looks after 'the rat'

Lool

nice cat mate looks like a staff on stilts

Comment

wonder if the dog or rats would taste nice

Comment

Originally posted by Lacoot View Post
          wonder if the dog or rats would taste nice
          My nan thought dog tasted nice - right up until she found out what it was and started vomiting

Comment

Originally posted by Einholt View Post
            That black one is gorgeous!

Me and my wife have kept them for six or maybe seven years now, absolutely love them and their personalities, most we have ever had was around 15 (due to having to split the cage up at the time and them getting more to go in each etc

We now keep 5 in a four tier mansion of a cage (I'll take some pics this weekend)

Only a shame they do not live longer, we have had a lot in that amount of time.
            Thanks Einholt, Jasper's the loveliest rat ever, really friendly ever since we got him from the 2nd hand bit at pets @ home.

Looking forward to your pics :-)

You're right about them not living long enough though, we've had 4 girls before these, all from p@h, never buying another pet from there! Jasper apparently came from a guy who'd died so he had to be rehomed, the 2 young boys came from a local breeder at 4 weeks old and the difference from p@h rats is like night and day, just can't wait til they're a lil older and chill the out
            Originally posted by {SAS}TB
            Also gives me the chance to probe around the wife's rear end

Comment

I use to have 2 pet rats when i was younger, Riff Raff and Star they were called!
              rats are awesome...

Comment

I had rats when I was young aswell. Great pets, surprisingly smart for creatures with such tiny heads.

Comment

on staying away from P@h, they are awful, the lies they come up with and the their willingness to sell lone animals / leave a lone a animal in a cage that are pack animals has made me mad time and time again, we do rescue from then now and again but since they brought in the rule that you have to donate half the new value of the animal we do not anymore, generally we use the http://www.fancy-rats.co.uk/home/ forums, there is lots of good advice there and lots of rehoming done properly.

Also in my past experience if you have a Notcutts that breed they do a good job and do not breed back to back.
                  For everything that could have been
                  Well at least we took the ride
                  There's no relief in bitterness
                  May as well let it die

Comment

I've never been much of a fan of cage pets, but the black one is quite cute in that photo.

Check out my latest Steam Workshop creations here

Comment

I like them but I wouldn't own one.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                      i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                      Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Photographing rat's eyes makes them look so damn evil!

Comment

i had pet rats! three lots of them, oh the happy times. they seemed instinctively to run up girls skirts who came to our flat...

Comment

Working...
                          X