Move all my emails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move all my emails?

I have loads of Emails on my gmail account and i need to move them to another email address, whats the best way?

I cant highlight them all and forward them, is there a fast way?

Leave them there and connect through POP/IMAP.

Your query is actually too sketchy to answer properly.

You need to provide more information to get a definitive answer.

Email addresses are irrelevant. What software will you use to read the emails?

You can't move your GMail to a new address, only to a new location.

If you really do want to copy the whole shebang to your PC from Google, then IMAP or POP will get the lot.

If you just want to get at new stuff, set up forwarding.

If you want to retain everything in the same place. get GMail to retrieve from the new address with POP.

Like I said, too little detail.
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
    Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

Fair enough

I use Outlook 2010 and my Andoid phone, however this is irrelevent as none of the clients have any of the emails i need

I have a Gmail account and a Private hosted one from my work thats through exchange

I want all the emails that are in my Inbox with google into my inbox with the other work email. So none of the emails are on a PC, and i dont want them on a PC

I dont care about new ones, as both my phone and PC have them setup

Comment

Where do you want them, if not on your PC ??

If you just want a storage file containing all of them, I would use the imqp/pop method above to get them onto your PC, then create a .zip or .rar file to upload to your new storage area.

Alternative, if you use Thunderbird, is to just make a copy of the email folder after you have downloaded all the emails from Gmail, and move them to a sd card. That way you can restore them to any copy of Thunderbird.

After the Police stole my PC and back up HDD last year, I started making regular back-ups to micro sd cards and keeping them at work; I lost 16 years worth of emails and 20 years of email contacts.
        Married!!! despite every complaint they made about my paperwork, they finally gave in and issued our Red Books. (UK Consulate )

Comment

Originally posted by Pancake View Post
          I have a Gmail account and a Private hosted one from my work thats through exchange
          I want all the emails that are in my Inbox with google into my inbox with the other work email. So none of the emails are on a PC, and i dont want them on a PC
          Are you sure that your company will allow this? Are you sure that you want them to be able to get at your GMail?

If so, Exchange is really under their control. You need to work out how to get their Exchange server to retrieve messages from GMail.

A good place to look for solutions to problems and challenges in Outlook is Slipstick:

http://www.slipstick.com/

I don't know why you are averse to having a local copy. In your shoes I would use POP to create a local copy of the GMail in Outlook. The mail will sit there alongside your work email but kept apart.

GMail has pretty clear instructions on how to set up Outlook to retrieve mail.

Once you have a local copy of the old email, you might be able just to copy it into your Exchange account.

I wouldn't know how to get the email into your Android. You probably know how to manage that already.
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
          Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
          Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

You could forward the important ones and just setup forwarding or similar so that new ones arrive at that account.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
            i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
            Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Originally posted by Naphta View Post
              You could forward the important ones and just setup forwarding or similar so that new ones arrive at that account.
              To quote the original message:

I cant highlight them all and forward them, is there a fast way?
              I dont care about new ones, as both my phone and PC have them setup
              So I don't think that will achieve the desired effect.

I should have asked about this before, but the size of the Gmail inbox may be important. With GMail space now running up to 8GB, retrieving that much could take time.

It depends on how much of the email is in the Inbox, and if that is really all that Pancake wants to retrieve. I try to filter things into folders, but I still have a load of stuff in the inbox. But so far I am running at less that 2GB of space in GMail.

Comment

If you make gmail forward everything in the inbox, change the labels of everything so they aren't in inbox and back again it might do it? :S

Comment

Originally posted by GentleGiant View Post
                  Where do you want them, if not on your PC ??

If you just want a storage file containing all of them, I would use the imqp/pop method above to get them onto your PC, then create a .zip or .rar file to upload to your new storage area.

Alternative, if you use Thunderbird, is to just make a copy of the email folder after you have downloaded all the emails from Gmail, and move them to a sd card. That way you can restore them to any copy of Thunderbird.

After the Police stole my PC and back up HDD last year, I started making regular back-ups to micro sd cards and keeping them at work; I lost 16 years worth of emails and 20 years of email contacts.
                  I want them in the webmail only, not on a PC

Originally posted by michaelkenward View Post
                  Are you sure that your company will allow this? Are you sure that you want them to be able to get at your GMail?

If so, Exchange is really under their control. You need to work out how to get their Exchange server to retrieve messages from GMail.

A good place to look for solutions to problems and challenges in Outlook is Slipstick:

http://www.slipstick.com/

I don't know why you are averse to having a local copy. In your shoes I would use POP to create a local copy of the GMail in Outlook. The mail will sit there alongside your work email but kept apart.

GMail has pretty clear instructions on how to set up Outlook to retrieve mail.

Once you have a local copy of the old email, you might be able just to copy it into your Exchange account.

I wouldn't know how to get the email into your Android. You probably know how to manage that already.
                  I can VNC the exchange server lol, i can do what i want. I have about 400mb of emails in gmail, and as much space as i want on the new email adress.

I dont want them on a local PC as i dont need them on a local PC. I just want to be able to see them if i need to

Both emails are already through outlook anyway

Comment

Sounds like you know everything anyway. No help needed.

Good luck with the transfer.

Comment

Why would i make the thread if i knew everything? no need to be a idiot about it

Comment

Working...
                      X