Who's at fault? SKY or Virgin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys.

@ Sniperdude - I like your comment, it's succinct and to the point - I'll bear that, and that number in mind and WILL use them if necessary!

@ Computer Robot - Indeed, it is always best I guess to put something in writing. I'm gladdened to hear you have got good results using their online mail system. I've got a receipt back and it says they should be in touch within 6 to 7 days so we'll see!
    New! ASUS P8Z-68 V-Pro, i5-2500k, Mushkin 120gb SSD, Samsung 1tb HDD, GTX 460 1gb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (4x4), Asus Xonar DG, Corsair H50, Win 7 Home 64.

Ladies! If a man says he'll fix something - he will. He doesn't need reminding about it every six months, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by MagicEvie View Post
      Thanks guys.

@ Sniperdude - I like your comment, it's succinct and to the point - I'll bear that, and that number in mind and WILL use them if necessary!

@ Computer Robot - Indeed, it is always best I guess to put something in writing. I'm gladdened to hear you have got good results using their online mail system. I've got a receipt back and it says they should be in touch within 6 to 7 days so we'll see!

cool let us know the outcome please.

Comment

only places worth ringing is customer relations (not services) an the CEO office
        other than that your wasting your time with Indian call centres

Comment

Ooh! Don't know how up to date or how genuine this is but I sent an email of complaint anyway...

http://www.ceoemail.com/
          New! ASUS P8Z-68 V-Pro, i5-2500k, Mushkin 120gb SSD, Samsung 1tb HDD, GTX 460 1gb, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (4x4), Asus Xonar DG, Corsair H50, Win 7 Home 64.

Ladies! If a man says he'll fix something - he will. He doesn't need reminding about it every six months, OK?

Comment

Neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

above the CEO email it is genuine as he has replied to me from it in the past.

ceo.office@virginmedia.co.uk
            above the CEO office email

a member of the CEO staff who i have found very helpful in the past
            Marina.Noden@virginmedia.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Sniperdude View Post
              Neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

above the CEO email it is genuine as he has replied to me from it in the past.

ceo.office@virginmedia.co.uk
              above the CEO office email

a member of the CEO staff who i have found very helpful in the past
              Marina.Noden@virginmedia.co.uk
              Brilliant. Thank you! I have sent copies of the email to all of them. It's polite, factual and states clearly that I have paid for the BB I used after the notice served and explains why but then goes on to say had they actually done as I had asked and terminated the services at the end of the notice period none of this mess would ever have happened. I Even got an 'Out of Office' notification from Marina - which gives the phone number of the CEO's office. Splendid!

Comment

Marina is normally very fast in replying

in the past i have emailed her and she has rang me back within 5 mins.
                that's said she was told to deal with my issue by the CEO after i emailed him

i don't think its normal to contact her directly at first point of call but it can't hurt
                and she is really nice am sure if she can help she will do

office hours tho and its a bank holiday

Comment

Well... Opened my emails this morning... Mr. Berkett has replied - on a Saturday morning.

"Hello, plse accept my apologies for messing you around over your disconnection. I'll ask my office to help."

I am almost impressed! We'll see what happens...

Comment

Glad to see your getting somewhere, seems like one hell of a fiasco. Reminds me of Orange customer support.

I type 90 WPM, Click Here to try
                    i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | R9 290| 16GB Ram @ 1600mhz
                    Nikon D5100 + Kit Lens + 50mm 1.8G - 16-35mm F4 VR // Ultrasone PRO 2900s - Audio GD NFB-3.1 - Neco Mosfett Amp

Comment

Originally posted by Naphta View Post
                      Glad to see your getting somewhere, seems like one hell of a fiasco. Reminds me of Orange customer support.
                      Don't start one of those "my support is worse than yours" wars.

You simply cannot win that one. There is scientific evidence in the shape of an Ofcom fine that TalkTalk is the worst support on the planet.

Unlike Virgin, it seems, TalkTalk even ignores personal letters written to the chief executive.

An utter shower.

MagicEvie's experience so far might even persuade me to switch to Virgin. But I agree about Orange. They would be the last people I'd move to for broadband. They make BT look good.
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus Z-170-K + Intel i5-6500 + 512GB Samsung M.2 PCI-e SSD + 16GB DDR4 2400MHz Memory
                      Win 10 Pro 64-bit + Asus M5A88-M EVO + AMD Phenom II X6 + 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600 + Radeon HD 6450
                      Win 10 Home 32-bit + Asus M2N-SLI DeLuxe + AMD Athlon 64 X2, Dual Core 5400 + 4.0 GB Memory + NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Comment

As you know the CEO replied to my email this morning about 8am. At about 10:30 this morning a guy called Neil rang me from 'The CEO's office at Virgin Media' saying Mr. Berkett the CEO had asked him to call me.

He had read the email I sent to the CEO last night and had done some background research in to the whole issue We went through it step by step. I thought at first he was going to trick me and trip me up on something I had put in the letter but he was very fair - explaining their stance whilst being sympathetic to my arguments.

In the end, he credited me 52 which is what we together worked out was the cost of the TV charges from when they should have disconnected our services at the end of the notice period to now. He's keeping the BB and phone line live until SKY / BT have sorted out the issues they are having with the line and number which is preventing me from connecting up the SKY BB and I am to call him - he gave me his direct line (not some 0845 number) when this is sorted out and I think he's going to order the disconnection and not make us pay another month's notice.

All in all, to be fair, he was very professional and knew what he was talking about - not some 'bod' in Customer Services who couldn't give a monkeys. Whilst I can't forgive them for the hassle, frustration and time I spent holding in phone queues yesterday, I am impressed that the CEO answered my email personally within 12 hours, and then someone from his office called me 2 hours after that - on a Saturday - and (I think) we have it all sorted out

... Can't help but think though that I would never have got the money back had I just shouted at Customer Services.
                        Last edited by MagicEvie; 27-08-11, 19:01.

Comment

Very good news, but it's always so sad to hear that you have to shout until you're blue in the face to get anywhere, even when you're entitled

Result though
                          --
                          Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

niceone glad you got it sorted and your happy ( the rep button is on the bottom left of each of my posts LOL)

amazing how everything changes when you go right to the top isn't it?

i never mess about with the monkeys in tech support/customer support anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Sniperdude View Post
                              niceone glad you got it sorted and your happy ( the rep button is on the bottom left of each of my posts LOL)

amazing how everything changes when you go right to the top isn't it?

i never mess about with the monkeys in tech support/customer support anymore
                              TBH, I never knew you add to someone's rep - but I use the 'thanks' button when I deem it's deserved

Joking apart - I agree how things change from the stone wall that is 'Policy' to an actual human who can make fair and balanced decisions. It's just so many companies hide their Board Members, CEO's and top people away.

My Dad reminded me today that he wrote to the CEO of British Airways (forget who it was now, some years ago) and he got a personally written letter back and all manner of stuff to compensate for a poor customer service experience - including a free flight. Ranting and raving down a phone won't get you far it seems.

Comment

A cancellation cannot go forward for all services as your number port would not then be possible. Once a request is given this process is suspended. SKY know fully this procedure.

This wasn't your fault or error as you couldn't possibly know about the number porting process. It's sky's delay.

I deal in these complaints everyday. My views are not representing Virgin just because I work for them, but I deal with this procedure everyday.

As a former posted quoted cancellation can only be done by the main account holder upon security processes for Digital protection carried away. Your service cannot be cancelled by another provider or party.

The blame game does get frustrating though, sorry you have to go through this pal.

Comment

Working...
                                X