Spec me some.......Coffee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec me some.......Coffee!

Now im trying to stay clear from energy drinks, im now relying on the vending machines wonder coffee (called this as you wonder how much coffee is actually in it!) to keep me perky and on track throughout the day, however im looking to buy a cheap flask this weekend and fill it each morning with some decent strong coffee but there in lies my downfall - I lack experience with which is best!

So, what do you guys recommend as a nice tasting strong coffee thats available at Asda and is strong enough to wake an elephant out of a coma (similar sized mamal to myself )
    Last edited by BigIan88; 23-08-11, 11:40.
    i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Just dont do what I did and have 4-5 cups a days... you'll be like 5 year old after a pack of Smarties before they took all the e-numbers out.

Comment

Lavazza.
      My local hospital has a sign which reads "This way for accidents and emergencies." Haven't people in hospital got enough to worry about without looking for further misfortune?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigian88 View Post
        Now im trying to stay clear from energy drinks, im now relying on the vending machines wonder coffee (called this as you wonder how much coffee is actually in it!) to keep me perky and on track throughout the day, however im looking to buy a cheap flash this weekend and fill it each morning with some decent strong coffee but there in lies my downfall - I lack experience with which is best!

So, what do you guys recommend as a nice tasting strong coffee thats available at Asda and is strong enough to wake an elephant out of a coma (similar sized mamal to myself )
        Dont buy one...Whiteryder will give you a freebie lol....
        posted by scrivz69
        I think I may leave this forum, it seems to be full of the village people.​
        i7 3930K @ 4.2| ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB @ 2133 Copperhead |2 x Gigabyte TITAN SLI |ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | Samsung 850 500GB SSD | 3TB SATA Drive | H100i WC | Corsair RM1000 | HAF X |40 inch Benq 2560x1440 IPS

Comment

Ian,

Caffeine, it's a food group, you know......

@ Joey Propane

4 to 5 cups a day? I can do that in an hour without tripping, ask Ian....
          Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

Originally posted by joker3327 View Post
            Dont buy one...Whiteryder will give you a freebie lol....

prime example of how "not awake" I am at the moment and im on my 6th cup of wonder coffee
            i7 3770k - MSI Z77 Mpower - 16GB Avexir Mpower 2400Mhz - 500GB Samsung 840 EVO - EVGA GTX 980 SC - 1200W CM Gold - Custom Watercooling Loop - Corsair Air 540 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Logitech MX 518 - Asus PB287Q - Creative T20

Comment

Instant or proper percolated stuff ?

If it's the latter, the wife used to order hers online from http://www.jimmybean-online.com/

This blend in particular smelt fantastic and I don't even drink the stuff http://www.jimmybean-online.com/prod...6&#prod_anchor
              --
              Fractal R4 (shhh!) 3570k, z77x-d3h, 16gb, R9-270X, 240gb SSD, 2tb mirror w/ 60gb cache drive

Comment

I dont have a coffee maker so instant will be the preferred option

Comment

Morrisons 'Best quality' Brazil instant coffee, glorious stuff for instant - everyone who has tried it loves it, 1 sugar and milk, lovely, its a green label with silver and black around it.
                  www.bpwalker.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Snakedoc View Post
                    Lavazza.
                    ^ this
                    no, it's not the out-and-out strongest, but it is the tastiest coffee that you can buy absolutely everywhere, and without spending an arm and a leg

Comment

i have a starbucks at my work that sells Americano's for 95p
                      Gigabyte Z77-UP7 : Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2ghz : 16GB Kingston Corsair Vengence 1800mhz : Mushkin 480GB Cronons + OCZ 120GB Vertex 2E SSD : 640GB WD : Corsair HX 850W : GTX Blackice 360 rad Rasa CPU block: Gigabyte R9 290: Coolermaster HAF X :Logitech G15 + G500

Comment

Aldi's cheap coffee (Alcafe) is quite nice and has much more of a continental, ground coffee taste when compared to Nescafe, that always tastes like the beans have been incinerated...
                        Creator of the Retr0bright Wiki - www.retr0bright.wikispaces.com and Admin at www.amibay.com - the retro computer trading forum - and Bigian88's Dad.....

Comment

i dont drink coffee, i have 2 cups of tea and im fine for the day

and maybe a few boast bars and lots of chocolate ^^
                          Sorry, but patience has never been our strongest virtue.
                          i5 2500k
                          | H80 | Gigabyte UD4 | G.Skill Ripjaw 2x (4gb) | 1tb WD HHD | 1tb Samsung f3 | 2tb Seagate Green (Game Drive) | 256 M4 SSD | Sapphire 6950 | Fracture R3 Black

Comment

Originally posted by Bigian88 View Post
                            I dont have a coffee maker so instant will be the preferred option
                            ah, missed that.
                            Try this stuff then. Strong (strength 6), but smooth and tasty

Comment

Any of these but the decaff one!

Originally posted by Aaron
                              I want those sweet cherries

Comment

Working...
                              X